General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GOOD Dealers and Experiences

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 06:54 PM
pk54
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stutsman HD in Jamestown,ND
Rick in service and John is the GM. They installed a legend air system on my bike this winter. great follow up to check on satisfaction of work. offered make anything right that wasn't to my satisfaction. I will refer people to them for great service. Another thing is that they are a big dealer but they still remember your name after they meet you. that's important.

Old 03-18-2013, 09:41 PM
styndryinwa
Cruiser

I live in Tacoma WA and Destination Harley in Fife is great. Ed Wallace is the owner and he is always there, parts guys are great and Teresa is the Mgr of the clothing area. Also very easy on the eyes just as a bonus

Old 03-19-2013, 11:36 AM
john midatlantic gutter
Stage II
Default Harley Rules

Do you know who is the top dealer in Maryland ?

Old 03-22-2013, 11:51 AM
monkeyballhoola
Intermediate

Cowboy HD in Beaumont,Tx. Lost the keys to my bike two days after I picked it up and hadn't transferred the title yet. Ordered new keys, no questions asked. Got a new catalog and a key chain! I think the key chain was a joke but I like free stuff!!!

Old 03-23-2013, 07:50 AM
Sun Devil
Club Member

I bought a softail slim from Thunder Tower Harley in South Carolina a few months ago. Great team. My salesman Herb was excellent and a great guy. Finance guy gave me his shades for my ride home.

On a return visit to have some add ons installed.....by being early, I had the opportunity to be within earshot of the dealership's morning staff meeting. It was evident that the dealership management's top priorities were customer orientation and quality. It was also clear that they are passionate about these items and both monitor work in progress and feedback to ensure that the staff was meeting or exceeding their expectations. Pretty remarkable leadership from my view.

Great experience for me. I would buy again from them. Highly recommend.

Old 03-23-2013, 11:08 PM
Isa4325
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Reliable Harley Davidson, Stafford, Texas, Hwy 59 South.

Party Time everyday at Reliable, not only the greatest crew, sales, service, reception, but they have their own riding club, radio show every Saturday, and bike night every Thursday. Even the customers are the friendliest people you will ever meet.

Old 03-24-2013, 04:49 PM
B.K.
Road Master
Received 295 Likes on 118 Posts

Heritage Harley Davidson, Lisle, IL....I always have good experiences with them, be it services, parts or sales. They actually came to pick up my bike in the winter when it was too cold to ride it there so I could get some work done over the winter, no additional charge. I've spent hours in there talking with their sales staff. All are very nice, polite and professional.

Old 03-25-2013, 09:59 AM
Mercianbike
6th Gear
Default Grove's HD in Winchester, Virginia

I highly recommend Grove’s HD in Winchester, Virginia, and particularly Mike Bennett in Sales. After riding Metric Baggers for a number of years, I began researching Road King’s. There were questions I had that were not covered in the literature so I stopped by Grove’s one day to check things out. It was there that I met Mike Bennett in Motorcycle Sales. He had the answers to all my questions plus answers to questions I didn’t know enough to ask. When I mentioned windshield heights, he gave me the HD catalog showing what was available. When I asked about the warranty, he gave me a copy of the Owner’s Manual that states conditions of the warranty. When I asked about the trade-in value of my Metric, he copied pages out of two price books they use and gave them to me. When I asked about Extended Warranties, he provided me with the price sheet they use. Mike offered a test ride but it was with a new bike off the showroom floor which I declined. This all took place over a two week period with 3-4 visits and more questions/answers. When I made the final decision, I felt that I was a very educated buyer. There were absolutely no last minute surprises. Grove’s has an arrangement with a nearby Metric dealer and they ran my trade-in over there who appraised it, offered me a direct purchase price I thought was good, and wrote a personal check to me that I endorsed over to Grove’s. It was a very smooth operation. Grove’s did not have a Road King in the color I wanted so they sent their driver 40 miles up the highway to get one from another dealer. I wanted delivery that day because of deteriorating weather conditions and Mike made it happen. I’m retired military and have several years of experience buying homes, automobiles, etc. Grove’s HD is definitely at the top of my list for professionalism and courtesy.

Old 03-25-2013, 10:05 AM
heritageblue2013
Grand HDF Member
Received 577 Likes on 318 Posts

Hope you all in Oxford and Anniston are doing well from the storm the other day. My parent's lost their house in the storm.

Old 03-27-2013, 06:22 PM
kg06dyna
Novice
Default Big Moose Harley-Davidson, Portland, Maine

I finally decided about a year ago that I was going to get on a motorcycle. I was commuting for work and the gas in my Chevy 1500 was killing me at 90+ miles/day. I went to Big Moose Harley in Portland, ME looking for a Sportster. Thank god I chose this dealership as my first stop. I talked to Darren Chisholm in the sales department about getting on a Sporty. I'd never ridden before and was completely unsure of what direction I wanted to go. I probably talked to Darren for an hour or more, and explained to him what I wanted the bike for. I think he caught on that I was going to want more than a Sportster had to offer shortly after buying the bike, and talked me out of it. Looking back on it, I'm glad he did...

I ended up learning to ride on a Honda Shadow Phantom (750 cc) and knew almost immediately that it wasn't enough bike. I'd wanted a Harley since I was in college, and decided that I was going to go back to Big Moose, specifically because Darren had actually listened to what I was looking for in a bike. We spit-balled some options that would fit in my price range, and ended up at my '08 FXDC with some extras.

I couldn't be happier with this bike. I like the slim look of Dynas over touring bikes, and this Super Glide fits both my eye and my riding style. 6 months later, and after its first $1500 in Stage 1 power adders and chrome, this bike is everything I want it to be... Ok... maybe cams and more chrome... but we'll get to that in time. I have Darren and Big Moose Harley to thank for setting me up not only with a bike, but with MY bike. I'd recommend these guys to anyone in the market for a new or used H-D!

Quick Reply: GOOD Dealers and Experiences