General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GOOD Dealers and Experiences

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 10:08 PM
Yankeerider
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you want to keep this thread active, I'll add mine.
Southampton Harley in MA. They did everything right. I wasn't in buying a new, high $ bike. In fact, I wasn't going to look at all. Was charmed by a 2005 Dyna Low. Once they knew that I liked the bike they made sure I was happy with the entire package. Met everyone at the dealership. They kept the place open late on a Sunday to finish my paperwork. Gave me what I wanted for my trade sight unseen. Trucked it to me (45 miles away) the next day so that they could put my extras on and pick up my trade. Excellent follow-up and service people speak to me like I have some intelligence.

Old 01-18-2013, 02:05 PM
ElGigante
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fattyboyrider
Century HD in Medina OH has always treated me well. When I bought my bike they took around to all depts. introduced me to all. I received Free t- shirt and vip card for future purchases(25%). They know me when I come in the door. IMOP first class all the way.
I agree totally on Century. Went in there with the wife to explain to her what a couple different models of bikes were and walked out with a deposit down on the EG. One of the best customer service experiences I have had with any kind of dealer when it came to the purchase of my bike.

Old 01-18-2013, 11:59 PM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,199 Likes on 4,406 Posts

I the summer of 2012, I went back to Upstate NY where I was born & raised. I bought a limited from the dealer who sold me my first Harley in 1978 and rode it cross country to my home in San Diego, CA.

During this trip I happened upon three dealers who provided me with amazing service.... better than I can get at any of the dealers in San Diego.

Harv's Harley-Davidson / Macedon, NY (Rochester, NY area)
I bought my bike from them and they installed numerous extras and did the 1K service. The purchase was long distance and the salesman, Drew, made it an extremely easy experience. All aspects of the sale & service were top notch. Even though I lived across the country, I left there feeling like I had a new family. Great sales & service.....!!

Workman Harley-Davidson / Rock Falls, IL
While driving across country, I became aware of the regulator service bulletin. My bike had a regulator in the bad group. I stopped at three dealers, and two couldn't help me and one didn't know what I was talking about. Workman HD not only helped me, but they took my bike right in, changed out the regulator, and had me on my way in about an hour. On top of it all, they apologized for taking so long to switch out the regulator..... awesome, friendly people!

Grand Canyon Harley-Davidson / Bellemont,AZ
I was in Flagstaff, AZ and was at 5500 miles. I stopped at Grand Canyon HD as they were opening their doors and yet there were 5 bikes ahead of me needing service. I talked with the service manager, and although they were overbooked, he said to come back after noon and h'e try to get my 5K service done. I was back at 12:30, and he had me on my way, with a sparkling clean bike, by 2:30. While I was there, they also managed to fit in a couple of other people who were on the road and needed repairs... great hard working people!

I only wish that just one of the San Diego area dealers were of this calibre...!!!

Old 01-20-2013, 07:26 AM
pointman821
5th Gear
Default Renegade HD in Alexandria, LA

bought my first harley from renegade last week. awsome buying experience, great customer service. even though i bought a used bike, i brought it back the next day i could ride it over for an engine problem and they fixed it at no charge. had really good experience with sales, service , parts and apparel. i would give them a 4.9 out of 5 max

Old 01-20-2013, 07:34 AM
speckfisher
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default pointman821

Hey pointman821 Congrads......so happy all went well, they are a great group of folks that all ride and understand our needs.

Hope you have many happy times on your new hog.....a used hog is the smartest purchase to make.....course you know that cause that's what you did. Enjoy Sir....the forum needs pic's....

Also my I say welcome aboard.....

Old 01-20-2013, 08:44 PM
pointman821
5th Gear

i had a really good experience at renegade. ill be doing business with them again for sure. took my bike (04 electra glide classic) on a good ride this after noon and it did great. very comfortable ride. not griping about my honda that this harley replaced, but it was a much more comfortable ride for sure. pics will be forth coming soon, gotta get some good pics of it first.

Old 01-20-2013, 11:39 PM
macrut
Stage II

old road harley in santa clarita.....nice people....fairly honest....

Old 01-20-2013, 11:54 PM
ZULUHD
Intermediate

Cycle World Harley Davidson of Athens Georgia. I was visting family and friends, noticed I had a cable hanging really low underneath the bike. I could see that a clamp had broken in half. Took bike to the dealer, the part wasn't in stock. The service manager told me the piece doesn't do anything that a heavy duty zip tie wouldn't. He then put the zip tie on himself, no charge, no hassle. It may seem small, but small things add up and they matter to me.

Old 01-21-2013, 11:26 AM
HarleyGyrene
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default High Country Motor Sports, Cheyenne

I bought a 2009 Cross Bones from them in September: got a more than fair deal and they were easy to work with. The previous owner had installed a Screamin Eagle Race Tuner (SERT), and I asked about getting the rest of it: the software, cable, etc. They tried to contact the PO for about two months with no luck and I figured I was just screwed. Just received a call from the General Manager and was told that a NEW complete SERT was waiting for me at the parts counter ! No charge, no BS.

This is the FIRST bike I have ever bought from a dealer in 45 years of riding Harleys and I was impressed with the process !

Thumbs up for High Country Motor Sports, Cheyenne, Wyoming.

Old 01-21-2013, 12:26 PM
Nicky Pass
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I have to say that Phantom Harley in Manteno, IL.

When I decided that I wanted to get a Breakout, I began my search.....nationwide. They are about 1.5 hours south of me, but when I called, they were very accommodating and willing to work a deal. They had what I wanted, they gave me good money on my trade-in and MOST OF ALL, they didn't price gouge on a sought after bike. I would buy from them again in a heart beat.

Quick Reply: GOOD Dealers and Experiences