General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GOOD Dealers and Experiences

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2012, 02:50 AM
dfndr
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Livermore and San Jose Harley store have same owners. Their prices and service are great. I just bought a new bike from them even tho I live 2 1/2 hours away. This is how all dealers should be!

Old 06-30-2012, 10:41 AM
DanD
Road Captain

Big Sky HD,Great Falls,MT. After being told BS,and not being taken seriously,I bought my new Road Glide Ultra from these guys,200 miles away.I inquired for a quote on a Sat nite,sunday they called me and cut right to the chase,no BS.

everyone in the store was extremely friendly and helpful,they gave me a great deal.I honestly can't say enough good about everyone involved,they made the whole process fun.

instead of giving you a t-shirt,they have an in-store poker run,with a chance to win a $350 gift card,and a $25 if you don't get a good hand.

no wonder they have more inventory then several other dealers in this state combined!

Old 07-01-2012, 11:12 AM
Vermont Wayne
Stage I
Post Looking for Boston area independent HD repair shops

I looking for recommendations for Harley repair shops in the Boston area. My interest is in shops that deal at the higher end of performance and modified motors that have more than stock displacement and HP; S&S, PM Rhinehart will be product lines the shop I seek deal in daily. Cost is a secondary consideration. The shop should also have a pick up/delivery capability. Though I wouldn't exclude a Harley dealer, I don't want my bike worked on by a nameless, faceless tech that I never get to discuss the technical problems with. And I do have a techical problem with the motor, electronics I believe.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. VermontWayne.

Old 07-04-2012, 12:21 AM
Umby
Cruiser

I have to put in a thumbs up for Cycle Nation of Canton, GA. I shopped for over 6 weeks trying to find my Sporty at every HD dealer in town. I found a few but after the "dealership shuffle" all of the prices became bloated and the deals just felt bad. I found my '08 Sporty while cruising CL and the price and mileage were the lowest I had found on a late model fuel injected bike. I called the next morning and went to see them that afternoon after work.

Granted, this place is a metric dealership but they had a HUGE pre-owned selection including many Harleys from my Sportster all the way up to Glides. The receptionist was very pleasant and took me over to meet Randy, the pre-owned sales manager. He was very polite but also very busy. He gave her the keys to bike and told her to get me whatever I need. We walked out, went over it, and I took it out for a short ride. Randy was waiting for me when I got back. Even at their listed price after tax it was a good deal but after all the shopping I wanted a GREAT deal.

We sat down in the office and they gave their initial offer. I came up with some bullet points to take some money off the price. I spit out what I was willing to pay for the bike and the deal was done. They even put the financing for my balance through HDFS at 2% less than my banks had quoted me.

It was an hour past closing by the time we were done but the General Manager was still there to shake my hand, tour me around, and give a T-shirt and some swag.

I went the next morning to pick up my bike. The place was SLAMMED for an event but the whole staff had my name down and everyone I had dealt with made it a point to come shake my hand. The delivery guy already had my bike cleaned and gassed... he even loaded it on the trailer for me.

110% pleased with these folks and I will definitely give them all the business I can.

Old 07-04-2012, 09:46 AM
tobmis01
Intermediate

Ray Price Harley Davidson in Raleigh NC. No comparison.
I was looking for a 2012 FLHR, anything but black, security, ABS, Cruise. No dealer that I called had one. I could bash all day long with my experiences with this but I will just relate 2 instances. I live on Cape Fear Harley's (Fayetteville NC) doorstep. Despite their bad reputation I went in there anyway. I couldn't get anyone to speak to me seriously even though I was the only one on the sales floor. The salesman I spoke must have seen something more interesting on the wall over my left shoulder because he couldn't look at me in the eye.
All I can say for Greensboro Harley is that when I called them (since they are over 100 miles away) they told me to come in and look around and see if something catches my eye. I told them that I was 100 miles away and already knew what I wanted and needed to know what my options were. He said "We don't do business that way".
I went to Ray Price simply killing time because I was in the area, even though their website didn't show them having what I was looking for. I saw a Big Blue Pearl FLHR on the floor, but with no options. A salesman saw me take a pic of it and walked over. I told him my story and that I was just looking since I hadn't sold my current bike yet. He said "So if I have the bike you want, and I can give you what you are asking for your current bike ('05 FXDC) and get your payments where you want them, you have no reason not to do business today"? I said I guess not. I emailed him a phone pic of my bike and he walked away. He came back, offered me my asking price ($7500) for my bike, told me he had the bike I wanted in the warehouse and shook my hand. Started the paperwork, brought him my bike next day. Done deal. My second bike from them, my 5th Harley, my best experience.

Old 07-04-2012, 10:49 PM
Harley1oo
1st Gear

Montgomery HD in Montgomery,Al. I bought my bike from a private seller, didnt have enough of what i wanted on it, dealer gave me 10% off as if i bought it from them on accessories, great people.

Old 07-05-2012, 06:00 PM
bogies87
Advanced

Brandt's I69, all good people. They have had great customer service before, during and after the sale.

Old 07-05-2012, 07:14 PM
Spydie35
1st Gear

Quaid Harley Davidson in Loma Linda, CA. Overall great experience. Great prices and great staff.

Old 07-07-2012, 01:19 AM
K9Tamer
Cruiser

Thunder Mountain Harley Davidson Loveland Colorado. Awesome Customer Service.. Everyone made the purchase of my 12' 48 a really great experience. I have received a few calls and emails since the purchase of my bike just to make sure im still happy. If you are looking to buy a bike talk to JP.
***** 5 stars all the way

Old 07-10-2012, 09:38 PM
Black_Hog
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Fletcher's Harley Davidson is closing.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gener...l#post10053985

Quick Reply: GOOD Dealers and Experiences