General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GOOD Dealers and Experiences

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 07:00 AM
AllenW
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 88 Posts
Default St Croix major kudos

Have to give major Kudos to St Croix Harley in New Richmond WI.

After being pretty much disappointed in most the metro HD dealers, a couple friends recommended I give St Croix a shot, first I called them on a manual for my 2012 WG, other dealers said they didn't have one but if I left them my credit card number they'd order one, St Croix said, yup have one on the shelf, I'll put your name on it.

I mentioned might be a few days before I could get out and get it, he said "no problem, ya haven't got here in a week, I'll have to take your name off it though.

Finally got out to get it 3 days later and spent some time talking to the staff, even asked about the 1000 mile maintenance and found they were over a $100 cheaper than in the metro.

Yesterday I had them do the 1000 maintenance, while doing it they found a shifter shaft seal leaking (seal was installed backwards from factory) even though it was later Friday and repairs may have run their mechanic into overtime, they said they could fix it for me.

Great way to keep a customer happy.

btw while waiting for the bike the gals in clothing spent a bunch of time looking through the back room finding some Tee shirts I wanted and couldn't find in my size on the floor.

I'm probably a bit long here, but this place still believes in customer service, thanks all at St Croix...I'll be back!

Al

Old 06-02-2012, 11:33 AM
Coalbrnr
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Living in the Louisville, Kentucky area, there are two dealerships within a 15 minute ride of each other. I've been to both, and find my self at Louisville Harley on Arthur Street, with almost no exception. Great people, good service.

May 8th, 2012 I rode to Tampa, FLA and blew a head gasket on my 2003 FLHTI. At 96K miles, I should have expected something, but it's always run so well. I limped into Orlando to crash at my sister's (free) and EAST ORLANDO H.D. took care of me in less than eight hours! Great service, fabulous work. I can't attest to their sales staff, but if they're anything like the service department, then this dealership would easily score a 5.

Old 06-03-2012, 06:58 PM
alii1959
Advanced
Default Shout Out for Augusta Harley-Davidson

On 25 May I purchased an '04 Road King. Ray Parish worked very hard to make sure that I could get what I wanted for a price that was reasonable. Got me a great deal on my trade. The motorclothes staff worked hard to help me find a couple of obsolete hi-viz jackets that Harley no longer sells. The parts people were patient/understanding of a newbie in their midst. The service guys answered all of my stupid questions with great patience as well.

I have been riding off & on for over 30 years and this was by far the greatest buying experience I have ever had. If all HD dealerships treat their customers like this it helps to explain why so many people are on Harleys (in addition to the quality of the bike0.

Old 06-03-2012, 07:38 PM
Fsdog
Stage III

Here's a vote for Javelina HD in Bourne. The whole group did a great job for me and I'm happy with the Road King I bought from them. I'll be back in a few years for the Road Glide I've always wanted.

Old 06-03-2012, 09:30 PM
DanD
Road Captain

<deleted>

Last edited by DanD; 06-03-2012 at 09:33 PM. Reason: delete
Old 06-05-2012, 03:06 PM
Jayel
Intermediate
Default RE: GOOD Dealers and Experiences

Space Coast Harley Davidson in Palm Bay, Florida gets my vote...

I can't say enough good about the service department... Been to several local (independent) shops tryin to save a few $$$ here and there. Every time, the locals screw up, and I take it to SCHD, they tell me "no problem"... fix me up, and don't always charge me. When they DO charge me, it's usually justified. Simpler to just go to SCHD and save all that hassle. Service Dept gets a 5+ (Don't let it go to your head, guys! )

The Parts and Apparel depts are cool too... always have time to talk and help me with whatever crap I'm into at the moment.
Parts & Apparel get a 5

Can't speak for the sales dept though... The staff that was there when I bought my SGC was great, but they've changed salespeople a few times since then. The current sales staff is pleasant and friendly though... We'll see when I'm ready for a NEW bike...

Old 06-06-2012, 09:03 PM
tr8785
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Cape Fear Harley Davidson

I have to give Cape Fear Harley in Fayetteville North Carolina a major shout out. I recently returned home from Afghanistan after being medically evacuated do to an injury. I had thought about buying a Harley through the military program over there. Being medevaced, I lost out on that opportuninty. After hitting a couple of dealers in the area I was not happy with customer service. I came back home and visited Cape Fear. They were welcoming and patient with me. They took time to answer my questions and make sure I found a bike that suited me. They didn't push me to buy that day and encouraged me to shop around. I was quoted a very low price on a 2012 super glide custom they had in stock and included $1000 dealer gift card. I waited and actually got quotes from a couple other local dealers afterward. Cape Fear came in $1400-800 cheaper. I came back in a week later to purchase the super glide to find out that they had just sold the bike I wanted not two hours before! Bill, the sales manager made calls to numerous dealers in the region. He was able to arrange a three way dealership trade to get the bike I wanted. Still gave me the exact same price and credit. They put my bike at the front of the service line for forward control installation. I simply cannot say enough great things about these guys. I am now a cage free, Cape Fear Harley Davidson Customer for life.

Last edited by tr8785; 06-07-2012 at 07:51 AM.
Old 06-07-2012, 09:40 PM
Jeepguy1
Intermediate

My vote has to go to White's Harley Davidson in Lebanon, PA. The service department always takes care of me and goes beyond what is expected on many occasions. They always treat your bike as if was there own. The sales staff is very courtious. Someone always greats you as soon as you walk in the door. The ladies in motor clothes are always helpful.

Old 06-10-2012, 11:38 PM
warren888
Account Suspended
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Harley Davidson of Westminster

I recently brought my bike in HD of Westminster (Southern CA) for a warranty issue on the voltage regulator.

Their service department is fantastic. Really good people working there - and they seem to really care. They took great care of the bike and did a great job.

I have always had problems with service at other dealership - either messing up the bike or mechanical issues. So far - I am totally impressed with HD of Westminster.

I sent a note into them to provide positive feedback - and actually received an email back from their owner. That was very refreshing as well.

I plan on making this my primary dealership. They seem to really have the right attitude and are very good people!!

Old 06-11-2012, 11:53 PM
rrm3
Tourer

I have nothing but good things to say about TNT Action Sports in Quincy Il. Andrew, Gary and Dee were just great, but everyone is friendly and they remember your name. I got what I think is a great deal on a new bike after bugging them for ever.

Quick Reply: GOOD Dealers and Experiences