General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GOOD Dealers and Experiences

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 03:52 AM
madmech
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GOOD Dealers and Experiences

Gary Bang H-D.Atascadero,Ca.Family owned and run. 11 on a scale of 10. Same Gary Bang from Gary Bang parts and accessorys of the 70s and 80s.

Old 04-25-2006, 10:28 AM
DCRANER
Tourer

Long Branch HD in Long Branch, N.J..

When I bought my 05 WG and wanted the 16 Gauge Double Barrel exhaust they told me I can get a similar effect with cheaper slipons.

I ordered a winter special SE 103 kit in Feb., it just came in now (heads backordered) + some other goodies to go with it. Dealer calls me and says that HD just changed the rules saying HD won't warrantee as well as before, engine problem may not be covered like before, so if I want to cancel the order that is o/k, they will put everything in stock. I said it's o/k, I still want to do it there. He tells me to "sleep on it over the weekend, it's an expensive project you know".

Can't beat that for a Harley dealer I think.

Old 04-26-2006, 06:32 PM
eddybo69
Road Master

Harley davidson of Baton Rouge and its sister location Hammond Harley Davidson are the best I know. From helping me out when I was stranded (Baton Rouge) to spending the extra time and effort to make sure the parts actually fit your needs they are tops(hammond).
I was really surprised this morning when Harley of Baton Rouge called me this morning to make sure that I was satisfied with the service they gave me this weekend. I had had a communication problem with Hammond Harley, probably as much fault mine as thiers. (hey it happens) I had requested a tour pack relocator be installed on my Ultra last monday, and informed them that they had the part in stock in Baton Rouge. They told me they would get it sent over and installed. When I went to pick up my bike it wasnt installed, and I was told the part didnt come in and Baton Rouge must have sold out.
I was fine with that because Tim, Richard, Kristen and all the staff there have always been very professional and attentive. My wife and I went on our merry way heading to Lafayette. We stopped to visit Baton Rouge Harley because it was thier annual bike thing. While I was there trying to convince my wife that a Road King would be better for her than a Fat boy (how many fatboys does one family need) I saw the part that I had been told was not in stock.
I was a little upset and was overheard by the salesman while telling my wife about the situation. The salesman asked me if I had an hour, I told him yes. Within 45 minutes they had my tour pack relocator installed and threw in a free siren. I later got to thinking about it and got worried that I had gotten someone in trouble at Hammond Harley so I stopped by yesterday. As soon as I walked in they told me that my tour pack relocator kit was in and they could change it immedietly. I found out that they had a small communication problem b/n service and parts. Parts had ordered a new one instead of getting one sent over from the other store.

Baton Rouge stayed late for me one Saturday night fixing my bike so that I could ride home. It was just a headlight, but hey I am sure they were just as ready to go home as I was.
Hammond got my Ultra in with no notice even though they had bikes backed out the door just to repair a headset.

I have had problems out of at least 3 harley dealers, I am not that easy to please. I guess it is because I am used to getting my way. I am not a squeaky wheel. I usually just leave in disgust and never go back. But I couldnt be more pleased with these Louisiana Harley dealers. You dont have to be a squeaky wheel, sometimes they are busy, but if wait patiently they will help you. I hope that it is because they are trying to give everyone as good a service as they have given me.
As far as buying is concerned I cant really say. I have only bought one bike from them. I bought from them because of the excellent service they had given in the past, and because I hoped they would continue to give great service. Sometimes it feels good to get more than you expected.

Old 04-27-2006, 06:03 PM
Keith_H
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mid America Harley, Columbia , Missouri 5 stars.
Had a great time with them buying my new bike back in Sept. They contact me regularly to see how it's going (phone, cards). Excellent service dept and parts dept. Had several things done there beyond the normal maint. Always happy with the out come.
Owner, service, parts and cloths shop folks always act happy to see me (in my case i'm sure they are). Always invite my wife and I to dealer functions.

Old 04-27-2006, 07:46 PM
HarleyWood
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

***** Five Stars for Bartlesville Cycle Sports!

Great service, Great folks and they sell below MSRP. I ordered my '06 FLSTCI in October 2005 for their 4th allotment, I went and picked it up today 4-28-06. delivered exactly when promised.

Randy Hart is the salesman that sold me the bike.

Bartlesville Cycle Sports
1400 Tuxedo Blvd
Bartlesville, OK 74006
1-800-750-5357
Bartlesville Cycle Sports
Attachment 552501

Last edited by soldierbot; 04-02-2021 at 07:44 AM.
Old 04-28-2006, 01:04 AM
goodbirds
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Wow, I am impressed that good customer service is rampant among Harley dealers. My own experiences;

1. Laidlaw Harley Davidson, now of Baldwin Park, CA formerly of Rosemead, Ca. I bought a used '99 Standard from them in August 2001. Excellant price, excellant service and great attitude after the sale. Then we went back and spotted the Pearl White Ultra Classic and my wife said we should buy it. Having just bought the used bike, I was afraid I would be taking a real beating trying to trade it in just then. To make a long story short, we asked them to take back the Standard and we would pay the difference for the new one. They totally backed out the transaction on the Standard, and delivered the Ultra, no questions asked.

2. Skip Fordyce HD, Riverside, CA: Had most of my service done there until we moved to Utah. Steve Robb was the mechanic tech who has worked on my motorcycles for 20+ years, and he always added something to the work he was doing, like a no charge part that he had laying around, or little extra attention to detail that wasn't called for but noticed.

3. Zion HD, Washington, UT. I haven't bought a motorcycle from them but they are always on a first name basis with their customers. Being located near Zion National Park, they get a lot of travelers. I have seen them take the drop in with need for service and drop what they were doing to accomodate the travelers. Alan Blackburn promotes charitable causes at least once a quarter with a poker run with free food, music, and prizes. He is active in the community, and runs a real good operation. The service department is dedicated and experienced. I always get treated like I am the only customer that day.

4. Grand Forks HD, Grand Forks, ND; while traveling they did their utmost to solve my cruise control problem, and while they ultimately didn't solve it, was generous towards me, even loaning me a Vrod to go to lunch.

5. ******* HD, *******, MI; Having been contacted by Grand Forks HD for a part for the cruise control, they were waiting for me to show up and install the module. The tech did his own diagnostic first and found that the problem was in the throttle roll off switch, not the control module, saving me a bunch of money for the fix. I was treated first rate there as well.

6. Dayton HD, Dayton, Oh; just dropped by to pick up some cleaning gear and was greeted by the entire staff as they showed up for work, asking about my trip, and forcing me to eat fresh doughnuts.

Everywhere I go I find the same upbeat attitude on the store staff. I don't know what the dealers have been taught but it most certainly pays off in the long run when they are friendly towards local and distant customers alike.

Old 04-28-2006, 02:12 PM
fxdean
5th Gear

I am lucky to be close to to great dealers.

Gover HD in Piqua, Ohio. Never felt more welcome and appreciated at any delaer than here. Wnet about and beyond on my new bike purchase. Then through in a discount that I did not expect or ask for.!!!

Jim's HD in Mendon, Ohio. Needed steering head checked. The ower, Jim had a tech test it out. No charge! No wait. Always friendly!

Gateway to The West HD in St. Louis. Stopped by one day and the people were fantasatic. Free snacks, great service and did not even know me.

As a side note: Out of all the dealers I have visited the number that I would not go back to is very few. Most realize we as customers are the butter for their bread! Very brand loyal.

Old 05-01-2006, 01:28 AM
mrghos
Road Master

Man was I lucky. I had the extreme pleasure of dealing with GC, Mark and Cesar at HD of Atlanta. They gave me some good advice, no pressure and were just all around helpful with the whole process. I live about 5 minutes away from Killer Creek HD in Roswell, GA but felt they did not have my best interest at heart. Hell, I knew more than their so called "chrome consultant".

GC and the fellas were AWESOME!

If you are anywhere near HD of Atlanta, go there and get you a scooter. They know how to treat you right...

They even gave me a T-shirt and sold the Scooter for less than MSRP. SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will gladly drive 45 minutes further to hang out, get parts, service and all that comes with the experience...

Cant say enough good things about them...

A very good group of folks...

Old 05-03-2006, 08:03 PM
tmljja
4th Gear

I just purchased a 2006 Street Glide yesterday at PRECISION HARLEY DAVIDSON, PAWTUCKET RI ***** (5 STARS) - I must say it was the easiest transaction I ever had. I was able to look at all the different models in their "candy store" (what they call it). Everything looked nice!

Anyway, from my sales, finance, and yes, parts already, they were great.

Mike
Smithfield, RI

Old 05-07-2006, 06:47 AM
Lawdawg
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought my first bike from Harley Davidson of Naples (Florida), being a cop I walked in and asked for the “specialty bike” guy, I get introduced to Chauncey. A retired cop from up north. He shows me the bikes and asked if I had an idea of what I wanted. We talk it over and I decided on an Ultra Classic. I tell him that I wanted some time to think it over and discuss it with my wife. I got a call once a week from Chauncey asking if things were good, how’s the wife, etc. One week I get a call and he says that we need to make a decision soon so that my bike will arrive in a timely manner, not have to be put off due to the model year changing, and apparently Harley only makes a certain amount of specialty bikes. I tell him that I was sure I wanted the bike I was just a little nervous. He tells me, “lets do the paperwork, when the bike comes in if you don’t want it, we will keep and you owe us nothing.” So I do the deal (glad I did). He tells me it will be 5 months for the bike to be built and be shipped. Now I’m set, I’ve got plenty of time to take the Riders edge course. The bike shows up in 3 months, and I haven’t taken the course. Chauncey gets me into a class, bad enough it was going to sit in my garage until the class was done (wife’s on stipulation to getting the bike was the class). Chauncey politely tells me that he will be more than happy to put the break in miles on the bike for me if I liked. Long story short, class was great (I even worked for them as a “cone setter” on my days off for awhile $200 a weekend for easy work), deal went smoothly, Chauncey was great. The service department was easy to work with being a new guy to riding. I will definitely buy another bike from them.

Funny side note, when you buy a bike and sign the paperwork they ring a big bell and announce it to everyone at the dealership. Well I left training early to sign the papers my wife wasn’t with me. 3 weeks later we go into the dealer and she mentions that she didn’t get to ring the bell. They call over the intercom and announce it as if we just bought it and let her ring it. This dealership is a good bunch of people.

Quick Reply: GOOD Dealers and Experiences