General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GOOD Dealers and Experiences

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 01:42 AM
Chunker
Road Warrior
Received 65 Likes on 46 Posts

I was on the end of a week long bike trip and stopped by Riders Harley in Trussville Al to ask about the intercom plug on the tank which had come apart twice in a week. They said it was a warranty item and I wanted to wait a bit, they would fix it. The right away rolled it back into the shop and then asked if I had time to get the brake recall done also. I did and the apparel lady gave me 20% off on a HD leather jacket. She has since upgraded the jacket to the FXRG leather jacket. Will visit them again for sure.

Old 11-28-2011, 02:17 PM
rossn2
Road Master
Received 131 Likes on 73 Posts

On Sunday, Nov 20th was on my way down I-35 from Grand Prairie to Killeen, Texas area homeward bound. Oil started blowing out air filter area of bike, gas mileage went to crap also. I pulled into Ft Hood Harley and the parts guy opened service area and let me put bike inside for service on Tuesday. Wednesday, Pat from service called me, bike all fixed and completed brake switch recall also. All covered under warranty...thanks Ft Hood Harley for the great customer service.

Old 11-29-2011, 12:47 PM
goofyernurse
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just upgraded to a 2012 Street Glide from Black Diamond HD in Marion, IL. Walked in and Luc introduced himself and went above and beyond to help me decide which bike was right for me. Was so nice to be respected as a woman buyer, unlike other dealers. I bought the bike the next day over the phone and didn't get back up there for a week to sign the papers, and Luc came in on his day off to help me out. All of the employees were so great and easy to deal with, from parts to motorclothes. They even agreed to dismantle my bike, deliver for custom paint and reassemble it all for free. And to top things off, they are delivering it to Arkansas for free. I wish this awesome dealer was closer to our home, but at least it will make a great road trip back up to visit.

Old 11-30-2011, 10:01 AM
tkunk
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll mention Crow River HD in Delano, MN. Small town about half hour west of Mpls. They have been wonderful to work with in sales, service and parts. They have frequent opportunities to get 20% off. Have a winter program with 20% off parts and labor with free storage. ON top of the discount they also have a points program, 1 point per $1. 1000 points = $100 free merchandise, 5000 points = $600. So figure that out.... up to 12% return there, + the 20% = 32% total savings.

When shopping for my first HD they were the best price by over $1000. There are 2 HD dealers closer to my home but I drive 40 minutes to Crow River for everything. I had an accident with a Fatboy and they made sure the ins. co. treated me fair.

They are a small family company. Grandpa, Dad, Wife, two Daughters all work there. Check em out if you live in the area.

http://www.crowriverhd.com/default.asp

and this is listed on their websites service department description

There are only 156 Masters of Technology in Harley-Davidson dealerships throughout the U.S.A., two of them work HERE at Crow River Harley-Davidson.

Old 12-02-2011, 12:11 PM
zman1968
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sauk Prairie H D

Sauk Prairie is the best dealership in my book. I live just south of Chicago and I have bought 2 bikes from these nice people. They have very good prices and also there is a Harley Davidson outlet connected to the dealership. We all know how much Harley clothing can be. The dealership is located about 45 mins North of Madison.

Old 12-02-2011, 12:15 PM
zman1968
Novice
Default Sauk Prairie H D

Sauk Prairie is the best dealership in my book. I live just south of Chicago and I have bought 2 bikes from these nice people. They have very good prices and also there is a Harley Davidson outlet connected to the dealership. We all know how much Harley clothing can be. The dealership is located about 45 mins North of Madison. I can't wait to get some more gear! I got the 2012 orange/tequilla sunrise with cruise for 19,000.

Last edited by zman1968; 12-02-2011 at 12:24 PM. Reason: add on
Old 12-04-2011, 09:39 AM
cmichael
Grand HDF Member

Route 66 Harley Davidson
**** Stars

I have always enjoyed my experience at Route 66. No matter what I was going in for I was treated with respect and greeted properly when I walked in the door. They have a staff that is not only helpful but also knowledgeable. They are willing to work with you price and are willing to go out of there way to make sure you are a satisfied customer. I live an hour and half away from the dealership and they have offered to deliver my bike. That to me speaks volumes.

Old 12-11-2011, 04:30 PM
Poor Ed
6th Gear

I'm from upstate ny myself and a couple of guys went for a ride. We ended up in Conn. we stopped at Danbury Harley, as I was getting off my bike I noticed my rear tire was shot so I went in to the service dept to get a tire. They were short handed on a Saturday afternoon and they looked to see they had my tire in stock and they did the also put brakes on the rear which it need they had me in and out in a hour and a half and the price was right need less to say they made a customer for life my hat off to DANBURY HARLEY

Old 12-16-2011, 09:10 PM
GeorgeWW
Advanced
Default Rocky Mount HD, Rocky Mount NC ****+

Rocky Mount HD, Rocky Mount NC ****+

I purchased my second bike from them and they went well above my expectations! Both sales and service work their a$$es off to ensure the customer is taken care of! Stop in if you are in the area. I make the 2 1/2 hour trip from VA to give them my bussiness and the havent let me down.

Old 12-17-2011, 10:26 PM
Chief21
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default NorthCountry HD

NorthCountry Harley in Augusta, Me. Great to deal with, small down home feeling. No pressure.

Quick Reply: GOOD Dealers and Experiences