General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GOOD Dealers and Experiences

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 07:56 PM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,547 Likes on 6,276 Posts
Default Al Muth, low key, quality

I don't have any HD dealers near me. So I have to travel to use an HD dealer or use an Indy in town. Many people told me to get my bike serviced at Al Muth, 60 miles from me. So I made an appointment and rode over there today for my 5K service. I bought my FLHTCUI in January from Racine HD. They serviced the bike at 2090 miles and changed all my fluids. So today he suggested switching to SYN 3 in the engine, and waiting to change the primary and transmission to SYN 3 at my 10K check. Pat, my mechanic did check the primary fluid and tension and said it was great. So it only cost me 149, including 2 new air cleaner hoses which had deteriorated from age. I wouldn't have know they needed replacing, and that is why I am not going to do my own wrenching, unless I have a mentor. I know lots of guys like to do their own wrenching, but if I can find a good dealer, and I think I have, I would prefer to use them. They have tons more experience than I do. Parts and apparel sales are helpful but low key. So I will keep making the trip to Al Muth, Black River Falls ,WI.

Old 06-27-2011, 02:28 PM
moslopoke
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

our HOG chapter went on a 9 day 2200 mile ride. We stopped in LaVale, MD for an over night and day trip day. Several of us had issues with our bikes.
Highland H-D was across the street from the hotel, 1285 National Highway.
The service dept opened at 08:00 and took ALL of us needing help and fixed us up and got us back on our way for our day trip.
Jackie Eberly was one of the nicest people I met at a dealership.
Not only was the service GREAT the shop rate was LOW.
www.highlandhd.com
They have our vote for a great shop who care about us riders.

Old 06-27-2011, 05:40 PM
Rooster6
Advanced

Had a brake problem in Colorado City, Co. Combat Vets were having our annual convention and a ride was scheduled for thurs. morn. I took the bike to Pikes Peak HD and they worked me in as quickly as they could. I missed the ride but the did a great job on my bike.

Old 06-27-2011, 06:21 PM
Big_Al47
Ultimate HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 93 Likes on 40 Posts

I have to give props to Texas Harley Davidson in Bedford, Texas. This past Saturday, my clutch cable stretched out (I messed up my clutch adjustment) and left me stranded on the highway. Bedford Harley sent out a truck to tow me to the dealership.

They fixed my cable pretty quickly, only charged me $40 and didn't even charge me for the tow. I think they really took good care of me, so I'm passing along the info.

Old 06-27-2011, 07:39 PM
Malum
Cruiser

Today I took home my first Harley. 2011 Street Glide.
The folks at Myrtle Beach Harley Davidson were fantastic!
http://www.myrtlebeachharley.com/

Old 06-28-2011, 12:09 AM
mikeeric
6th Gear

I had a very good experience with the folks at ***'s HD in Rock Hill SC. Went to three other dearlers in the area got roughly the same deal at all three, they just happen to be closer. So far so good and I hope it stay's that way.

Old 06-28-2011, 10:50 AM
IM BigDaddy
6th Gear
Default J&M Audio - Excellent customer service!

Just wanted to share a rare and above and beyond customer service experience with J&M. They totally went way above and beyond my expectations. I am continually impressed with their product and even more so now with their customer service.

I will not buy another brand of speakers or amps for my motos!
Thanks J&M!

Old 07-01-2011, 10:24 PM
livebeforeidie
Advanced

Mancuso Crossroads in Houston.

Bought an '11 Fat Boy Lo today.

The salesman were honest and up front. Had no BS runarounds, bait and switch or upsells that I've endured at all the other places. I will make the 100 mile round trip to them for oil.

Brad and Huey are credits to the store.

Old 07-02-2011, 07:59 AM
atrailblazer
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The folks at HD of New Bern in New Bern, NC were pretty awesome. While I only bought a T-shirt there, everyone was really friendly. It is still a small dealership and not one of the "corporate" sized dealers. HD of Greenville, in GVL, SC has always done me right as well.

Old 07-03-2011, 01:39 PM
Potatohead7
Novice
Default Great dealer - 5 star

Jamestown Harley Davidson is the best dealer I have experienced thus far. Always eager and willing to help you out in any situation. Brian, manager, is tops in my book. The dealership is shiny clean, organized and top shelf. Kudo's to Jamestown, NY Harley Davidson!

Quick Reply: GOOD Dealers and Experiences