General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GOOD Dealers and Experiences

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 02:20 AM
schwag one
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Clinton Harley Davidson in Clinton, Ia definitely deserves ***** I worked with the owner who was able to exceed all of my needs. I think I went into his store 2-3 times before taking the fatboy lo out...well the weather wasn't the best at first. Its a family owned shop and everyone knew my name by the time I left after putting the deposit down. I would highly recommend them for anyone in Iowa or who wants to take a nice cruise...

Old 03-26-2011, 05:15 PM
cptmjd
6th Gear

PETERSON'S HARLEY DAVIDSON, Miami, North Store. I've been to a lot of really good dealers. Everyting I've done with Peterson's, from buying bikes to simple service has been flawless.
Other "Good Dealer" Notables, Murfreesboro, TN, Smokey Mtn. H-D Marysville, TN. Ocean State H-D, Exeter RI (don't travel New England without them)

Old 03-28-2011, 02:32 AM
Sikk50
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

El Cajon Harley made buying my first bike an extremely pleasureable experience. No stress no pressure, nothing, just smiles and great memories. Jill was top notch, WHEN I upgrade to a DYNA I will see her first.

Old 03-28-2011, 08:49 AM
prostar
Club Member
Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

North Texas Harley took good care of me this weekend. I had an 8:00 appt and got there early. They came out got my info and said they would call when ready. My indy thought my clutch cable was feeling rough, I noticed it was stiffer. I had read about the service bulliten about ABS upgrade. Daniel took the time to look up my bike and told me it was done before I bought it used. He also told me what else was done at that time. About 2 hers later the bike is ready. I saw the tech take it for a test ride. Clutch is operating so smoothly and much easier to pull. Daniel said it is best to adjust the clutch with a cooler motor and that why it took longer. Thanks guys

Old 03-28-2011, 07:10 PM
bsquared
6th Gear

Originally Posted by The Prophet
Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum, and soon to be new to HD ownership. Looking to buy a 2011 Roadking, but wish to know all about good dealers / bad dealers in the area, places with fair dealings and prices, places to avoid.

I'm centered sort of in between Woodstock, Kegel, Zylstra, Starved Rock, etc.

Distance no issue, much more interested in dealing with good, solid people.

Thanks for any help on this.

Bob
I recently bought a Road Glide from Woodstock HD, and so far the experience has been very good. (I pick up the bike this weekend)

Customer service seems to be important to them, and they make it a very nice experience while in their store. They have a large selection of bikes too.

Old 03-31-2011, 12:00 PM
UnoLocoMoFo
Novice

Ben Breece Harley Davidson in Ottawa Oh. They run a small family owned and operated shop. They are all great people and treat you right. Very informative employees, there were no high pressure sales and they are always willing to help and chat with you. There were many other dealerships closer to me.

Old 04-02-2011, 08:09 PM
irunaumuck
Advanced

Mann's H D in Edinburgh In. I bought the chrome caps for my switches,went home to install them and broke the first one I tried to install. Went back to buy another set, just happend to ask the parts guy if by chance they had one in the back. He took me to the service dept. the tech went to his tool box pulled the one out I broke and gave it to me no charge!!! Thats good customer service in my book!!

Old 04-03-2011, 09:37 PM
untied
Intermediate

I like Micheals Harley Davidson in Cotati California. I would say 4 ****

Old 04-04-2011, 04:07 PM
pepperdog1
Stage III

Gotta say...just visited Harley-Davidson of Ocean County in Lakewood NJ...
that is one fine dealership! Sales staff extremely helpful. Store is a beauty!
They have everything there - one stop shopping! In the process of buying my first
bike..have visited a couple of other dealerships..but really think I am going back to Ocean County! Will keep you posted

Old 04-05-2011, 01:50 PM
oakspeed
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

riverside motorcycles.
an old school independent in London, UK.
top class service.

Quick Reply: GOOD Dealers and Experiences