General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GOOD Dealers and Experiences

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 07:46 AM
lunitunez
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think RED ROCK Harley Davidson in Las Vegas, Neveda has the best prices and have excellent customer service skills.

Old 03-16-2011, 08:57 PM
MikeyTX
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 198 Likes on 168 Posts
Default Waco H-D

Kudos to Waco H-D of Waco TX Excellent for service and warranty work. They charge much less per hr than the dealers in the D-FW metro area and, when they work on a bike it is done on time and returned to you completly washed !

Old 03-16-2011, 11:26 PM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,547 Likes on 6,276 Posts
Default Dittos

+1. I was looking for a bike in January. I had many excellent salesmen looking for me (La Crosse HD, Milwaukee HD, Hal's HD, Northern Lights HD). But Racine HD went above and beyond. He found me a 2003 100th Anniversary FLHTCUI Silver/Black GKP with 2090 miles for $13,700, which seemed like a very fair price to me. They go through the bike and replace any worn parts too. Just started with them, but so far so good. Financing went great too, and they stayed after closing on a Saturday to show me the bike. Thanks Jackie and Dave.

Originally Posted by daboys53119
Racine Harley Davidson in Wisconsin. ****+++ Great Dealer, like family. The only thing preventing them from being 5 stars is inventory (bikes, parts, and accessories is small). They are a small dealer unlike some of the other huge dealers that don't know their customers personally. The big dealers seem to be cold and characterless. This dealer is like the Cheers bar, hey Norm! I walk in and ever knows me and I don't think it is because I spend alot of money there, they do it with everyone. I don't know everyone's experiences but for example their open house, beer and food is free. All of the other local dealers charge an arm and a leg for a beer. Seems to be a big money maker for them instead of customer appreciation.

Old 03-16-2011, 11:26 PM
The Guardian
Road Warrior

Downtown Harley of Tacoma Washington. The guys never even met me and they helped me out with the shipping and storage of my bike out here.

Old 03-18-2011, 10:16 AM
vizcarmb
Stellar HDF Member
Received 553 Likes on 381 Posts

Had a good experience with City Limits HD in Palatine IL. I was fortunate enough to get a good deal off a Super Glide Custom. It's a small dealer with only 3 salesman which includes the finance guy. I spoke with Chris which his desk sits right in from the door.

They took off 1000 off of MSRP and was able to finance with them at 5.99% through MB bank. They use financing other than Eagle Mark, so I was able to get a good rate.

They beat my banks rate at 6.74. Unfortunately, they ended up added all the other associated costs to make up that 1000 off MSRP. So the total cost of what I paid for the bike was almost 1000 over MSRP for a Red Super Gilde Custom. I would of got a better deal if I just asked for MSRP and just Tax and Licence. The difference was 300 dollars if I did that. Since the tax rate for where I live in Illinois is 7.25.

From what I was told from the Sales Manager. The wiggle room for negotiating motorcycles depends on the model. There is almost no room for sportsters and the higher end models have more room. So basically the higher the model the more room to negotiate.

Old 03-18-2011, 02:44 PM
The Prophet
Cruiser
Default Woodstock Illinois

Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum, and soon to be new to HD ownership. Looking to buy a 2011 Roadking, but wish to know all about good dealers / bad dealers in the area, places with fair dealings and prices, places to avoid.

I'm centered sort of in between Woodstock, Kegel, Zylstra, Starved Rock, etc.

Distance no issue, much more interested in dealing with good, solid people.

Thanks for any help on this.

Bob

Old 03-18-2011, 11:17 PM
doorgunnerjgs
Advanced

Originally Posted by vizcarmb
Had a good experience with City Limits HD in Palatine IL. I was fortunate enough to get a good deal off a Super Glide Custom. It's a small dealer with only 3 salesman which includes the finance guy. I spoke with Chris which his desk sits right in from the door.

They took off 1000 off of MSRP and was able to finance with them at 5.99% through MB bank. They use financing other than Eagle Mark, so I was able to get a good rate.

They beat my banks rate at 6.74. Unfortunately, they ended up added all the other associated costs to make up that 1000 off MSRP. So the total cost of what I paid for the bike was almost 1000 over MSRP for a Red Super Gilde Custom. I would of got a better deal if I just asked for MSRP and just Tax and Licence. The difference was 300 dollars if I did that. Since the tax rate for where I live in Illinois is 7.25.

From what I was told from the Sales Manager. The wiggle room for negotiating motorcycles depends on the model. There is almost no room for sportsters and the higher end models have more room. So basically the higher the model the more room to negotiate.
Bought my Sportster there in 2009 and traded it in on a Dyna in 2010. Got great service both times and recommend them to my friends. Nice folks to do business with. They had to track down the Dyna I wanted and finally got it from Wisconsin. They went the extra mile for me.

Old 03-18-2011, 11:20 PM
edtompkins
Club Member

Everyone at Bergen County Harley (Rochelle Park NJ) was extremely helpful in the purchase of my wife's new bike. From my understanding, they are ranked #2 of 1500 dealerships in overall rating. Looks like a great overall dealership - the MVP card with some discounts does not hurt either

Old 03-19-2011, 05:55 PM
vizcarmb
Stellar HDF Member
Received 553 Likes on 381 Posts

Originally Posted by The Prophet
Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum, and soon to be new to HD ownership. Looking to buy a 2011 Roadking, but wish to know all about good dealers / bad dealers in the area, places with fair dealings and prices, places to avoid.

I'm centered sort of in between Woodstock, Kegel, Zylstra, Starved Rock, etc.

Distance no issue, much more interested in dealing with good, solid people.

Thanks for any help on this.

Bob

I've been to Woodstock and Zylstra. Haven't had issues with them as far as attitudes, but they want your business. If you are looking for a Roadking, try
to ask to close to MSRP a possible for an out the door price.

I would go to the Woodstock dealer first since they are the closest from where you are. They have a very good selection of bikes. You are better off getting your own financing if you go to Woodstock. I was ready to deal but they didn't have the bike color in stock and usually you can get a getter price on what they have in stock rather than waiting a few weeks to a month.

Good luck on your search.

Old 03-20-2011, 07:28 PM
bds540
Intermediate

salem hd in salem ore. good guys in the service dept and desent parts dept .they have done some service work and remapped my ecm did awesome job at the quoeted price id give them 4 out of five stars

Quick Reply: GOOD Dealers and Experiences