General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GOOD Dealers and Experiences

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 08:19 AM
Fossil
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had great luck and service at Heritage Cycles HD of Ft. Walton Bch, FL. They fully support their HOG club and he various squadrons of GI's from the 6 surrounding bases. They treat me like a friend.

Old 02-22-2011, 09:00 AM
prostar
Club Member
Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Harley Davidson of North Texas forgot to gas up the used bike I got from them and the low fuel light came on the way home. I called them and the salesman promised to fill for me when I came in next. So 2 months later Im there with the bike. He remembered it,filled the tank and noticed clutch needed adjustingwhen he took it in the shop and had the tech adjust it. Now it's easier to find neutral.

Old 02-22-2011, 05:41 PM
Bluemax
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great Job

Highland Harley Davidson in Somerset ,PA goes out of their way make every visit a pleasant one. You are not just a sale but a member of the family. Great job guys.!!!

Old 02-23-2011, 10:53 PM
Cruiser63
Stage I

Frieze Harley-Davidson in O'Fallon Illinois. Worked with me on metric trade (gave me what I wanted out of it). Parts and service departments are great!!

Old 02-25-2011, 03:07 PM
olddude48
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

American Custom Cycle in Ocala,Florida!***** 5 star,great bunch of folks! Great service!

Old 02-27-2011, 07:45 PM
James Riley
Tourer
Default Maverick Motorsports, Harley, Laramie, Wyoming

I've spent my life getting screwed by merchants so I hesitate to give any props to one, especially since it's so early in the game, but I think I am happy with Carl Rogensues and Maverick Motorsports, Harley-Davidson, Laramie, Wyoming.

Knock on wood.

I studied here on the HDForums, learned about CycleCost.com, paid for their Dealer Invoice Service, got their detailed instructions, followed them to the letter (offering 5% over dealer invoice instead of 10%; they recommend 5 to 10 so I went low; I also asked for and got 20% day of sale discounts in the store and on some mods I had done), went to my local Harley Davidson Dealers and was told "no way."

So I reduced my offer to snail mail writing and sent it out to every Harley-Davidson dealer with 250 miles (a day's drive out and back for me) and ALL of them (except one) said "No way." Some said "No freaking way!" Some of them gave me very polite and educational and reasonable/understandable reasons why they could not accept my offer.

The one exception was Maverick. They accepted my offer and didn't do the shuck and jive on me. They went for it. I had to wait for my bike to come in from the manufacturer, drove up there and got it for a price that everyone else said was ludicrously low. I'm happy. They said they were happy.

I've only put about 350 miles on it (it's winter) but it seems to be fine so far. I had to wait for my owner's manual because it got lost somehow, but they did send me a new one.

I hate to jinx myself by giving kudos this early in the game but I guess it's only fair to say I think they kept their end of the bargain.

Old 02-28-2011, 06:16 AM
MatSubZero
Cruiser

***1/2....Myers Duran HD in Tulsa, OK.
They did a fine job on my 883/1200 conversion but I've had other minor negative issues with them.

Old 03-03-2011, 06:12 PM
BobCit
3rd Gear
Default ultra classic

I purchased a used 09 electra glide ultra classic from Bergen county Harley in Rochelle Park NJ. I located the bike on their preowned bike website. The details page on the website stated that the bike Had ABS and a security system.
After closing on the bike I discovered that the bike did not have a security system. I showed the dealer the printout from their website that said it had a security system and told them i made a decision based on that.
They are now installing the security system free of charge.
Nice to see a dealer own up to a mistake and do the right thing.
Every one at that dealership has been great 5 stars

Old 03-07-2011, 08:30 PM
SurfGuitar141
Tourer

Just purchased my second H-D motorcycle from Atlantic County H-D in Galloway, NJ. Both experiences were very good, I've heard a few riders in this area complain about them, but they have never disappointed me. I've also purchased most all my riding clothes, bike accessories & servicing goods from them.......

Old 03-14-2011, 06:04 AM
Rickl
Road Captain
Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

While it is probably too early to really say, just bought my 1st Harley, Myers-Duren in Tulsa was great to deal with on the purchase. No high pressure, was helpful in answering questions, and most important made the wife very comfortable. They really treated us like people, not a number like so many retail transactions happen in todays world. So far my initial rating would be a 5 star!

Quick Reply: GOOD Dealers and Experiences