General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GOOD Dealers and Experiences

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 03:36 PM
cwhite6
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am going to throw out another shout out for Renegade HD in Alexandria, LA. I bought two bikes from them in the 2006 time frame. I bought an FXST first and realized I wanted something more for touring about 8 months later. I traded to a FLHT. They gave me dang near what I paid for the FXST back on the trade. Life forced me to sell the FLHT a year later and they bought it back for more than wholesale. Mike (their sales manager) is a very nice and upfront guy. I am building a bike now, but if I was buying new again, it would be there. Their service guy even let me borrow his tools to put a backrest on my FXST.

Old 01-06-2011, 05:09 AM
BullK9
Cruiser

I'll give props to OLD GLORY HARLEY-DAVIDSON in LAUREL, MD. The staff there is just incredible. This is the only dealer in the MD, DC, and VA to respond to my email when I asked questions about bikes before I decided to buy from them.

Terry is great in Sales and Alison is a fantastic in the Customer Relations Dept.

Kudos to them and their staff!

Old 01-09-2011, 02:03 AM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Central Texas HD in Round Rock TX. I'm in the area for work and went in with a couple co workers for a T-shirt and shot glasses. The sales guys were great and the motorclothes girls were hott. Also the parts guys went out of their way to find me one of their dealer dots souvenir medallions. We BS'd with them for about an hour and while they knew we weren't from the area and my two buddies don't have a bikes yet they didn't kick us to the curb knowing they weren't going to make a sale on a bike.

Old 01-11-2011, 04:33 PM
Havic08
Tourer

My second shout to Waugh HD on Orange VA.
Purchased a CVO softail for the wife. Great price, very good deal on trade in plus $400 gift card. Always courteous and helpful, no pressure.

Old 01-11-2011, 08:46 PM
Port Dawg
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Havic08
My second shout to Waugh HD on Orange VA.
Purchased a CVO softail for the wife. Great price, very good deal on trade in plus $400 gift card. Always courteous and helpful, no pressure.
Haven't bought a bike there but I have dealt with them to purchase clothing (hats) online and the woman I spoke to could not have been more helpful. If one department is great at a dealer usually the others follow suit.

Old 01-15-2011, 08:52 PM
Shaved Ice
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Extra Detail at Cape Fear Harley, Fayetteville, NC

I got the 1000 mile service today on my 2011 Street Bob. I know it is a small detail but they cleaned the sticker residue off the top of the chrome air cleaner cover without being asked. I didn't. Even realize it until I got home. I had previously tried briefly to clean it but stopped because I didn't know what to use without scratching the chrome and it wasn't a priority to me. They also noticably tighted the throttle cables, which was part of the service, but I didn't have to mention it. I also used my $100 off coupon I got at time of purchase. It just had to be used within 90 days of purchase which was no problem for me. While it wasn't "over the top" service it was a overall good experience with a dealer service department. BTW this is my third Harley but only my first experience with an HD service department. I usually use an indy.

Old 01-17-2011, 10:37 PM
Grof
Cruiser
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Default dudley perkins

hi,
Great people to deal with , friendly, and willing to make deal with customers.
Got some accesories when I bought bike and speakers were on back order , 3 days later got call to bring bike. Speakers were installed in no time bike was cleaned ...etc. I would say 5 stars.

Old 01-22-2011, 09:47 PM
09 deluxe
Advanced

Heritage Harley Davidson in Ft. Walton Beach, FL. Found a great used bike but wasn't ready to purchase quite yet as it was the Holiday season and the dealer let me put a small down payment on it and put the bike in the back so I could make payments on it! Took a little over a month for me to get the cash but they definitely went above and beyond. They have a great parts and service department too

Old 01-28-2011, 08:10 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,600 Likes on 2,723 Posts

Figures the good ones are the ones that close.

http://www.hdoceancity.com/

Originally Posted by codered11343
I think Harley Davidson of Ocean City in Maryland may be the best dealer I have ever been to.

I went down to Ocean City, MD 4 days ago for vacation and HOGs at the Beach (Maryland and Delaware HOG chapters rally) and just returned tonight. As I was coming in to Ocean City I stopped at Harley Davidson of Ocean City just to look around.

First, its a very nice dealer. Nice selection of new bikes, a few used bikes and a good selection parts with very nice people at the parts counter. And there motorcloths selection is huge. I was greeted by 2 or 3 of the employee as I walked in and couldn't be nicer.

Second, and what makes this my favorite dealer now. I walked in to there service department to ask them a question and get a quote. I have(or rather "had") two stripped out Torx screws that I stripped when I tried to install my engine guard. My local dealer said it would take 2 hours to get them out...and seemed a little condescending when I asked about how much it would cost to have them taken out (I don't think they like the idea of someone working on their own bike). Anyway, I asked them how much it would cost to have them taken out. They weren't sure, but if I could bring it in when they open two days later, they would look at it and try and get them out. If they couldn't or it would take more then about a hour to get them out they would let me know and I could tell them to stop.

So, this morning I brought my bike to them at 9am, and they take it right in and onto a lift within 5 minutes. 20 minutes later one of their techs comes out and tells be they they are done. I was very surprised, but very, very happy. They also only charged me 1/2 of a shop hour to do the work!!! $35 later I was on the road and in a slow ride competition!

And just to top it of, I checked my tires and saw that my front was a little low before I hit the road this afternoon to head home. I when to a gas station to get some air, but there was no way I was going to pay $2 for air. So I went back to the dealer and asked them if they had a air hose I could use for a minute. Well one of the techs brought me out a portable compressed air container to use and even offered me a tire gage to use.

Not only were they very kind to someone that they could just have brushed aside and went above and beyond what they "had" to do, but there service department is very reasonably priced. Shop hour, $70/h. Compared to $95/h at my local dealer. This dealer my be 150 miles from my house, but they left such a good impression on me that I will be going to them from time to time just to have service done. Worth a 3 hour ride out to them.

5/5 stars!

Check them out if your in Ocean City MD!

Sorry for the long tale, but this is my favorite dealer now!!!

Old 01-29-2011, 07:40 AM
TXMaverick
Intermediate
Default About a Helmet

I bought my Fat Boy in August of 09 at Cowboy HD in Austin, TX. Later that month I purchased a new helmet as well. I got one of the full face models with the flip up front, etc. A few weeks ago one of the screws that holds the flip up front piece on to the helmet went missing. It was obviously my fault because I didn't keep them tightened down. I went back to Cowboy HD and asked them about getting a new screw and the silver plastic washer. At first they were going to just give me a new helmet because they thought the one I'd purchased was still under warranty. After realizing that the warranty was out I figured I was going to have to just find a regular bolt and washer to hold it on...which I did. Kendra, the head gal in motor clothes at the dealer, contacted the folks who made the helmet and was able to get them to send 2 replacement screws with the washers included. She called me about a week later to tell me that they had come in! And she didn't even charge me anything! Even though this was a very minor thing, it was great customer service! Cowboy HD is where I'll continue to get my gear.

Quick Reply: GOOD Dealers and Experiences