General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GOOD Dealers and Experiences

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 05:48 AM
Archilochus
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up New Rochelle HD

I continue to be impressed by the service department at New Rochelle Harley Davidson. I bought my bike from a different dealer, but didn't like their customer service, so I decided to take my business elsewhere. I've been going to NRHD ever since. They've always been courteous, knowledgeable, and professional. And on those rare occasions when things haven't come out quite right, they've always gone the extra mile to fix it.

Here's my most recent example. I ordered an after-market two-up seat through them. Looked great in the pics, but it wasn't quite comfortable for my body type and riding style. Store policy says no refunds on aftermarket parts. Pretty standard policy, and I wasn't going to complain. But the service manager, John, happened to find a buyer for the seat, and now he's putting us in touch so we can do business privately. So now everyone wins. The new buyer gets an after-market part at a slight discount. I get the majority of my money back. And John keeps two customers happy with him and the dealership.

I know a lot of HD riders have mixed feelings about their dealers, but NRHD is truly one of the good ones. If you're in the tri-state area, I'd definitely recommend stopping in for a visit. You'll be in for a very pleasant experience.

Old 10-10-2010, 01:26 PM
MVPJEFFMVP
6th Gear

The Sales guys over at Harley Davidson of Long Branch in New Jersey were great! Need to give credit where it is due and Eddie and Tom Ross were second to none!

Old 10-12-2010, 03:42 PM
Salchicha
Advanced

Antelope Valley Harley Davidson in Lancaster, CA. I visited a lot of dealerships in the area preparing for my purchase. I did a lot of research prior to buying (hdforums was a major part, thanks guys!) and knew what I wanted. The deciding factor for me was less about price and more about the buying "experience". I walked into into the dealership, it's about an hour drive from my house, and was immediately greeted by the Salesman. The guy was personable, knowledgeable and took the time to evaluate my needs as a customer. Although I already knew exactly what I wanted, he asked me my intentions for the bike (weekend, commuting, touring, etc), riding experience, etc. After listening to my answers (really listening, not just waiting to speak. There's a difference not many salespeople realize) he led me to...exactly what I had decided to buy before entering the store (a 2011 FXDWG)! Long story short, as a customer you couldn't ask for a better buying experience than the one I got at Antelope Valley Harley Davidson. I just returned from my 1000 mile service and the great customer service continued with the service department. There is a feeling like you're a family friend they are happy to see after a long separation. They've earned my business going forward and I look forward to many years with them.

Old 10-19-2010, 12:34 PM
fxstbusa
4th Gear

Manchester HD in New Hampshire is one of the best in New England. I worked at Boston HD and bought my bike in Manchester. Sales and service were great. They bent over backwards to make happy.

Old 10-20-2010, 10:39 AM
Nicky Pass
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I have to give a HUGE thumbs up to Illinois Harley! I took my bike to them to get the 1000 mile service and pipes, a/c and tune and they made me so comfortable there that I'm their customer for as long as I ride. They have a ton of parts in stock and I can tell they take amazing care of everything they work on. They also offer pick up and delivery. Again....I have to say thank you to George and the guys at IL Harley.

Old 10-20-2010, 10:30 PM
dcgray2
Tourer
Default Triple S - Morgantown WV

I feel like I totally lucked out and hit the lottery with Triple S Harley Davidson in Morgantown WV!

My salesman, Huck Love (yeah what a name) the service manager Fritz, and the business manager, Karen Ferrell all went out of their way to make the purchase of my first HD a really pleasurable experience.

Across the board: price, service the whole shmeel. Every time there was a chance that the buying process could be made easier, more pleasant, and exceed my expectations they did it.

I was very apprehensive having read the different Bad dealer posts and somewhat dreading the buying experience. Triple S totally blew away my expectations.

If I could just get Huck to take that damn Ravens jersey off they would be perfect!

They seriously made me feel like a welcome member of the harley and their family. Can't wait for the VIP event on the 19th! And I will gladly drive the 50 miles to get to them.

Old 10-22-2010, 05:55 PM
CRASH69
Tourer
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Bought my last 2 bikes off ebay from American Classic Motors, Easy financing easy to deal with and both bikes were perfect. The second bike i picked up drove from F.L. to P.A. to check out the place very small but pretty good amount of bikes to choose from they store them in the back. I tried to haggle the price down on both but they would not budge, I even waited a week to see if the price would drop but no. I think they get a 5...Mike

Last edited by CRASH69; 10-22-2010 at 05:56 PM. Reason: add pic
Old 10-29-2010, 11:26 PM
razorback84
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

San Diego Harley Davidson off of Kerny Villa. When I was looking for a bike I had shopped around all over the place. I hit up every dealership from San Diego to Vegas. But I started out with San Diego and talked to one of there salesmen named Jesse. So I told him what I really wanted was a denim black 07+ Night Train, but would settle for a vivid black one. So the next day he calls me and tells me that they just got a 07 vivid black NT in, but he really didn't want to sell it to me because he thought they wanted too much for it and it had some rust on it, but he was going to be "looking" for me. So he would call about once or twice a week and keep me updated. Then it was about 2 weeks and I hadn't heard anything from him and then one just fell into my lap and I bought it private party. They guy that I bought it from was talking about wanting a SG so the day after he sold the bike to me he went to SDHD and as luck would have it he talked to the sales guy Jesse. So they were talking about a new SG and Jesse ask if he had a bike to trade in and he said he just sold his 08 Denim Black Night Train and Jesse replied that he really wished he brought it in because he had a guy thats been looking for months for a night train. So the guy I bought it from ask what his name was and said that its a small world because he just sold the bike to me. So he called me after he left the dealership to let me know that Jesse said he hopes I enjoy the bike. It just really surprised me that 1 he remembered and 2 that he was really trying to get me the bike I wanted even after so much time had passed.

Other than that. San Diego Harley has always been helpful when it comes to buying parts or directing me another dealership that has that part in stock so I don't have to wait for it to ship. It seems like they are there to help you out and not just make the sale.

Last edited by razorback84; 10-29-2010 at 11:28 PM.
Old 10-30-2010, 12:03 PM
jthom33
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought my 2011 Street Glide from Town and Country Sports (Cement City Harley), just outside of Jackson, Mi. I have never had a purchase go so smooth. I called the sales dept on the phone, talked with Amy. We talked on the phone, I told her what I wanted and she checked for it. A week later she had it. When I went to pick to pick it up, I was really impressed. It was a good sized dealer with impressive inventory and merchandise.

They are a couple hours from me, but I will make the trip back when its time for a new ride.

Old 11-02-2010, 10:58 PM
JB07
Stage IV

Yellowstone HD in bellgrade MT. Great everything. Have 2 bikes from sound HD W.A. and will never do biz with them again. Yellowstone has always helped, stayed late and just good honest peps that work/run/own the joint
.being a trucker, iv been to many HD shops across the
U.S.A. so go with yer gut feeling, you'll all find the rite joint

Quick Reply: GOOD Dealers and Experiences