General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GOOD Dealers and Experiences

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 12:34 AM
motordog
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lucky 7 Motorsports in Rancho Cucamonga California does all my work. Mike the owner's guidance and recommendations has saved me a lot of money and resulted in a great looking and performing Road King.

Old 09-03-2010, 12:12 PM
2011 Road Glide Ultra
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bakersfield Harley-Davidson treats me very, very well. They strive to give great service at the parts counter, they are generous on trade-in allowances, and their service department has become excellent. Are they perfect? No, they're human. When they make a mistake, they own up to it and make it right - and their mistakes are infrequent and minor.

There are three owners (they bought out the founder in 2004) and at least one of them is there nearly every minute they are open. If you like to deal with the owner, it's a great place to shop!

Old 09-08-2010, 12:55 PM
Mike_68
Cruiser

Mentioned this in another thread but wanted to name drop here too! Ray at Brandon HD in Brandon, FL was awesome! He and Scott(finance) worked hard to get me a good deal on my '11 SG...I would HIGHLY recommend them in Central FL!

Lates!

Old 09-09-2010, 01:40 AM
newscctv
Stage III

Racine Harley Davidson in Wisconsin. ****+++ Great Dealer, like family. The only thing preventing them from being 5 stars is inventory (bikes, parts, and accessories is small). wedding dresses
wedding gownsThey are a small dealer unlike some of the other huge dealers that don't know their customers personally. The big dealers seem to be cold and characterless. This dealer is like the Cheers bar, hey Norm!euro wedding dresses
plus size wedding dresses
I walk in and ever knows me and I don't think it is because I spend alot of money there, they do it with everyone. I don't know everyone's experiences but for example their open house, beer and food is free. All of the other local dealers charge an arm and a leg for a beer. Seems to be a big money maker for them instead of customer appreciation.

2005 FLSTFI
2000 FLHTCUI
2007 Kawasaki Ninja 250

Old 09-09-2010, 06:30 AM
Diesel2
Cruiser

Barrie Harley Davidson just north of Toronto Ontario Canada is a great dealer. Their service dept., I can not say enough good things about them and like wise for their parts dept..

Old 09-10-2010, 11:22 AM
leanhog
Road Warrior

HD of Tampa. Rear brake caliper problem fixed. Bike runs better than when it went in. Under warranty. I know that they went above & beyond to "straighten" things out.

Old 09-10-2010, 08:05 PM
mart5130
6th Gear
Default Good Dealers

McHenry Illinois HD..small branch of larger Woodstock HD..McHenry folks friendly and service is excellent

Old 09-11-2010, 10:02 PM
MikeyTX
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 198 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by Nicky Pass
Chicago Harley in Glenview was great!

My salesman was Nick...he gave me the best price I could find in the area...by a good amount. I must have went there atleast 6 times in 3 weeks and everyone was really cool! They'd say "did you choose yet?" ...I'd say I'm still thinkin' and when I bought my bike, everyone that was working came up and congratulated me. They are delivering it to my house tomorrow for no charge....and they offer free winter storage. The 20% off of everything in the store is also a nice bonus.
Exactly who I bought my '09 Rad glide from. Well worth the trip up from TX

Old 09-11-2010, 10:02 PM
MikeyTX
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 198 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by Nicky Pass
Chicago Harley in Glenview was great!

My salesman was Nick...he gave me the best price I could find in the area...by a good amount. I must have went there atleast 6 times in 3 weeks and everyone was really cool! They'd say "did you choose yet?" ...I'd say I'm still thinkin' and when I bought my bike, everyone that was working came up and congratulated me. They are delivering it to my house tomorrow for no charge....and they offer free winter storage. The 20% off of everything in the store is also a nice bonus.
Exactly who I bought my '09 Road Glide from. Well worth the trip up from TX Saved over $2K

Old 09-11-2010, 10:08 PM
codered11343
Intermediate
Default Harley Davidson of Ocean City

I think Harley Davidson of Ocean City in Maryland may be the best dealer I have ever been to.

I went down to Ocean City, MD 4 days ago for vacation and HOGs at the Beach (Maryland and Delaware HOG chapters rally) and just returned tonight. As I was coming in to Ocean City I stopped at Harley Davidson of Ocean City just to look around.

First, its a very nice dealer. Nice selection of new bikes, a few used bikes and a good selection parts with very nice people at the parts counter. And there motorcloths selection is huge. I was greeted by 2 or 3 of the employee as I walked in and couldn't be nicer.

Second, and what makes this my favorite dealer now. I walked in to there service department to ask them a question and get a quote. I have(or rather "had") two stripped out Torx screws that I stripped when I tried to install my engine guard. My local dealer said it would take 2 hours to get them out...and seemed a little condescending when I asked about how much it would cost to have them taken out (I don't think they like the idea of someone working on their own bike). Anyway, I asked them how much it would cost to have them taken out. They weren't sure, but if I could bring it in when they open two days later, they would look at it and try and get them out. If they couldn't or it would take more then about a hour to get them out they would let me know and I could tell them to stop.

So, this morning I brought my bike to them at 9am, and they take it right in and onto a lift within 5 minutes. 20 minutes later one of their techs comes out and tells be they they are done. I was very surprised, but very, very happy. They also only charged me 1/2 of a shop hour to do the work!!! $35 later I was on the road and in a slow ride competition!

And just to top it of, I checked my tires and saw that my front was a little low before I hit the road this afternoon to head home. I when to a gas station to get some air, but there was no way I was going to pay $2 for air. So I went back to the dealer and asked them if they had a air hose I could use for a minute. Well one of the techs brought me out a portable compressed air container to use and even offered me a tire gage to use.

Not only were they very kind to someone that they could just have brushed aside and went above and beyond what they "had" to do, but there service department is very reasonably priced. Shop hour, $70/h. Compared to $95/h at my local dealer. This dealer my be 150 miles from my house, but they left such a good impression on me that I will be going to them from time to time just to have service done. Worth a 3 hour ride out to them.

5/5 stars!

Check them out if your in Ocean City MD!

Sorry for the long tale, but this is my favorite dealer now!!!

Quick Reply: GOOD Dealers and Experiences