General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GOOD Dealers and Experiences

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 08:49 PM
Markus161
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mike's Famous HD, New Castle, De

I won a HD in a charity raffle that was purchased from Mike's. The group I won the bike from didn't have much information for me about the bike, how to complete the necessary paperwork, etc. I called Mike's and spoke to the Salesman that sold the bike Scott Hall.

I talked to Scott on the phone and through emailed and he told me to come down to take care of the paperwork. I asked him if he would go over the bike with me since I knew nothing about it and he was more than happy to spend close to 45 minutes with me while I was waiting for the finance representative. Mind you, the dealership already had their money and really didn't owe me much more than the completed paperwork and to show me the door. Scott was more than happy to talk with me about the bike, some cleaning tips, and got me set up with the parts guys to get a cover for the bike.

Once the finance representative arrived the process of completing the paperwork was quick and easy. I didn't have to do anything but sign my name where applicable and JT handled the rest. She is a doll and a true professional. She gave me so much information on HOG membership, all of my sales, registration, and title paperwork, and answered any questions I had. She then took me to meet the lady that runs the clothing section and just made my experience at Mike's just that much more pleasurable.

It was worth the hour drive each way and if I lived closer I'd get all of my work done at Mike's. If you live nearby and want to buy a HD or get service I'd recommend this dealership in a heartbeat.

Old 08-19-2010, 08:58 AM
HAllen4245
Stage II
Default Dallas HD

Want to give a shout out to Dallas HD. I've bought two bikes there and they do all my service work. Is it cheap? No, but I expect a high level of service and I expect to pay for what I get. At Dallas HD I get it. No run around, no gouging. The service reps, Shane and Michelle, go over the bike with me every time I come in. If I don't need something they don't try to sell it. So, when they point something out I pay attention. When I had them do the 110 conversion on my Heritage Shane answered all my questions until I asked one he couldn't, and then he got the Service Manager out there to answer that one.

As for sales, Rick couldn't be more helpful. Every time I walk in the door he's there to greet and direct me to whoever I need. After my second bike purchase the owner made it a point to introduce himself and make sure I was happy about everything.

Clothing, helmets, parts, accessories-everyone I've dealt with at Dallas HD has been helpful. No one ever acts like they have something better to do.

One time I had a flat. They sent a truck and trailer to my house and picked up the bike-no charge.

Good people with a great product.

Old 08-21-2010, 08:51 PM
11FatBob
Intermediate

I bought a '11 Fat Bob from Patriot Harely, Fairfax VA this month and so far nothing but great things to say about everyone I dealt with from clothing, service, parts, sales, and finance.

Old 08-22-2010, 01:18 PM
Pal
Stage II
Default Good for HD

The salesperson was friendly and very good at his job. We got taken for when we purchased our first HD sportster at Manssas,VA. We did the homework, and we didn't buy on the first visit- but we made a costly mistake. The sticker price I thought included freight and all that taxes stuff- you know when you buy a new car. 950 over MSRP seemed fair to me since I thought it included processing and taxes and stuff. I was on the phone getting insurance when the hubby signed the paperwork. Now that I got the notice in the mail with the balance- I was shocked that we paid 1k over MSRP in addition to the 1k of fee/taxes stuff. If I would have understood the price better (I wish I still had the tag hanging off the bike) we would have negoitated at least 300. The salesperson found a sucker last week. But we still love the bike! We will still go to Manassas for service, cause the winchester one had some rude folks working there. Next we will try going to Fairfax and rate them. Maybe someone can learn from our mistake, that is priceless.

Old 08-22-2010, 03:23 PM
mccoy2505
Advanced

Texoma Harley in Sherman, TX. Lee is a great to work with, the service and people are top notch

Old 08-23-2010, 11:18 AM
RedRedLTD
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Groves Winchester Harley Davidson

We were heading back to Myrtle Beach from a trip to Prince Edward Island. Somewhere in Pennsylvania the shift pedal slipped down on the shaft and I was unable to shift. I removed the pedal on the side of the road and reinstalled and tightened it. The repair lasted to Wichester Virginia where the pedal slipped again and no amount of tightening would do. As I was laying beside the bike in a convenience store parking lot a guy getting gas said there was a Harley dealer just down the road and I could follow him there. We managed the two miles to the dealer and the mechanic came right out to the bike when he learned we were just passing through. The mechanic said that the shift pedal was aluminum and the bar it attaches to was cold rolled steel and the aluminum was stripped. He replaced the pedal as a warranty repair and we were in and out in fifteen minutes. Groves Winchester Harley Davidson did right by us.

Last edited by RedRedLTD; 08-23-2010 at 03:44 PM.
Old 08-23-2010, 01:13 PM
fdh161
Supporter
Received 194 Likes on 94 Posts
Default American Eagle HD

On our way to lunch last Saturday, my better half and I stopped in at American Eagle HD in Corinth, TX to check on the status of the 2011 RKC I'd ordered a few weeks back. While there, my wife saw a used 2009 XL1200 she really liked, and asked Bryan Tynes (the GM/Sales Manager) if she could take it for a test ride. As he was setting her up, Bryan asked what bike I wanted to take out to ride with her (I'd expected to just go on my current RKC). Could have taken anything in the store - opted to ride a 2011 Sportster 48.

At any rate, my wife loved the bike. Long story short, Bryan made her a killer deal, ran through the financing himself, and she rode home on her "new" scoot. This Sporty and the RKC that will be here next Saturday are the fourth and fifth bikes we've purchased from American Eagle, all from Bryan. It's been a square deal and a pleasant experience every time - in all departments from sales to motorclothes. I'd never buy from any other dealer in the DFW area (other than maybe their sister store in Carrollton). They know how to keep customers coming back.

Old 08-24-2010, 10:17 PM
djhawg
2nd Gear
Default Baton Rouge H-D

I've got nothing but good things to say about my purchase and service (so far) from Baton Rouge H-D. First rate folks.

Old 08-27-2010, 10:35 AM
IRideMineEverywhere
Tourer
Thumbs up Cycle Connection, Joplin, MO.

Just clebrated their 40th year in business and I know why. Parts people are excellent, mechanics are some of the best I've talked to and go WAY above and beyond. I lost my primary chain lock and could not wait the week to get one from Jims. I spoke with a mechanic there, Butch I believe, and he let me borrow his on a Saturday, with nothing more than a handshake! Refused to take any kind of payment for using it. I took off work Monday morning just to return it to him.

Only complaint. They have an old Duo-Glide mounted on a 20' pole in the showroom... Take it down and ride it!! LOL

Old 08-27-2010, 05:53 PM
NOLaFatBoy
Cruiser
Default Lakeshore Harley in Libertyville, IL

They always give a 20% discount on parts but if you can wait a bit... about every two months they offer 20% off plus free shipping (orders $250.00 and above) Plus you pay NO SALES TAX, unless in IL i would guess.

Last Thursday evening I ordered a service and parts manual for my 10 Fatboy and picked up a few other things. I got my order up to $254.00. Every thing was delivered today.

Two thumbs up to Lakeshore Harley. Definatly worth getting on their mailing list.

Check em out

http://www.lakeshoreharley.com/default.asp

http://www.lshd1.com/servlet/StoreFront

Quick Reply: GOOD Dealers and Experiences