General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GOOD Dealers and Experiences

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 08:12 PM
Simmy150
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TSI Harley in Ellington, CT. Joe Barone is a terrific sales guy. The good people there are too numerous to mention, but they know who they are.

America would be stronger if every business was run like this...

Old 07-25-2010, 01:48 PM
FXSTS93
Cruiser
Default Great HD Dealership

South Seas Cycles in Oahu.
Small shop, probably 15 Harleys (new) and some other makes. Customer service is as good as I've seen at ANY business. They get to know their customers and their bikes. They work beyond your wallet. I had a wreck, broke the perch of my clutch. Went in to get part, not in stock, tech took me back to their shop area and dug into a box of old parts. Found a perch (black, stock, not chrome ) got me all the tool to remove and replace it and said - call if you need help! As I returned to the shop, I gave the tech his tools back and asked him what I owed him. He said "nothing". I asked if he knew me, (he had after all "given" me a handful of tools) he said, not by name, but he'd seen my bike. Was my second time in the shop! They told me it's a Hawaii Thing. Best Little Shop in the Country!

Last edited by soldierbot; 04-02-2021 at 07:44 AM.
Old 07-25-2010, 09:52 PM
Tom of VA
Intermediate

I just got back from Roar on the Shore in Erie PA. The dealer in Erie did a great job to help organize this community event and rolled out the red carpet for all the out-of-towners that weekend. The staff was great and I ended up buying $500 worth of cool Harley stuff while I was there. We look forward to going back next year.

Old 07-26-2010, 02:28 PM
ZEKE ZINDER
Intermediate
Default really good dealer..

I was visiting Valley Forge (from out of state) and stopped at Valley Forge H-D to pick up a part. I ended up staying for over an hour speaking with one of the parts guys that REALLY knew what he was talking about. If I lived closer, I'd definitely be going back for service!

Old 07-28-2010, 07:42 PM
JaneJane
Intermediate
Default Biggs HD San Marcos, CA

My husband and I shopped Harley Dealerships as much as we shopped for bikes. In San Diego County we're pretty spoiled for choice since there are 4 (I believe) within a 40 mile radius. I would have loved to buy in our home town at Antelope Valley HD, but with no realistic way to get the bikes home we found Biggs in San Marcos to be the best all around experience.

We had been planning our purchase for a while and knew we would have to finance. We shopped interest rates with our credit unions and knew what range we could get. We went to Biggs' 3rd of July bbq and decided to see if HD could beat our bank's interest rates. The sales guy that helped us was Thor (no joke, that's the guy's name). He walked me around the whole show room discussing how a bike should and should not fit, was super patient with us, answered every newbie question (and all this before we even told him we were going to buy).

He made us a stellar deal on 2 bikes, beat our CUs rates, and even gave our buddy that was along with us that day a free t-shirt. Then, when it was time to get the bikes home he started to make delivery arrangements, but their driver was out for the day. So, Thor and his boss rode our bikes home for us since we didn't yet have permits. I was thrilled. Now we go visit Thor just to chat and he is a really good guy. While we were hanging out at Biggs waiting for our deal to finish up we met some of the local H.O.G people and it seemed like everyone from sales, to parts, to enthusiasts were just awesome and all about community. Biggs has a Saturday and Sunday free bbq every weekend in the summer, no charity or donations needed. Just show up, eat, visit with local Harley riders. Its amazing. I don't have enough thumbs to put up.

Old 07-28-2010, 08:26 PM
NSCoyote
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i just thought i would ad,
the whol crew at Sou' west privateers H-D, and the parts/service manager Matt . they are top notch in customer service especialy when it comes to guys like me who need parts but arnt sure what parts LOL

Last edited by NSCoyote; 07-28-2010 at 11:15 PM.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:22 PM
Dalbergia
Tourer

Just another mention of C&A HD in Plain City, OH. Top notch folks, all the way around. They have been my choice of dealer since 1995 (the first new HD I ever bought was a 1995 FLHR in January of that year).

Old 07-31-2010, 11:05 PM
wiltat2
Tourer

Received 39 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Bobby's Territorial Harley-Davidson in Yuma, AZ.

Bobby's is great. Bobby was the head mechanic back when it was Jim's Harley-Davidson in Yuma, AZ. When I first moved to Yuma (1979) and started doing business with Jim's I was very impressed with the way they treated and took care of every one, Bobby bought Jim's when Jim was ready to retire and has continued to insure that they are the place you want to come to. When the Marine Corps moved me here in 1979 I had my first & 2nd Harleys, a 75 Sportster and 72 Servicar.
I bought a 94 Ultra Classic from Jim's and now have bought 2009 Triglide and 2010 Ultra Classic from Bobby's. It's great to have a great local Harley dealer.

Old 08-03-2010, 02:21 PM
Monkeymann_916
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default ZANOTTI's MOTOR COMPANY IS "THE BOMB"

Unbelievable the experience I had AND the savings on top of it all.

Im not talking 5-10 bucks, but almost an 80.00 difference than what I was going to pay to Lotus-Harley with the "generous deal of the week"...
(The experience I had over there was almost comical)

Anyway's They just gained themselves a life term customer!

Old 08-09-2010, 08:04 PM
fatboytx
6th Gear

I gotta say, I am very happy with my dealer:

Harley Davidson of North Texas
1845 N. I-35E
Carrollton TX 75006

To date - I haven't had a bad experience, whether it's in parts, service, or the HD merchandise shop. Great customer service all around!

****+ stars (4.5)

Quick Reply: GOOD Dealers and Experiences