General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ACC Helmet. Shipping Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 12:45 PM
JohnnyBoy
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ACC Helmet. Shipping Question

Hey All,

I ordered a standardACC Carbon Fiber helmet, XL, on TuesdayJanuary 15th, and was told by the order taker (ordered on phone) that it would ship out by Friday January 18th. Yesterday, January 24th, I emailed them asking if the helmet had shipped, no pressure, and the reply email was as follows: "Sir- We will rush the order this afternoon. Sorry about the delay, but we did have to build that for you. It should ship in about 2 weeks. Again sorry about the delay, Erin @ ACC!"

Now I want to give these people the bennifit of my doubt, as I am a very patient man, and, we'll, there product was highly recommended here on the boards and a couple of you that I know personally, but do'es this timeframe seem right to anyone?? Are all of there orders for standard helmets custom built?

Old 01-25-2008, 01:02 PM
Smiley51
Road Captain
Default RE: ACC Helmet. Shipping Question

Yea they are slow. I just sent mine back for recall and adjustments. I read somewhere that they have about 5 thousand helmets on recall. Also alot of people order for Daytona bike week. But the squeaky wheel gets oiled
Good luck Smiley

Old 01-25-2008, 01:38 PM
carpetride
Elite HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

When I bought2 lastjan. (before recall) I was told thatthey would be built and there was about a 6 week wait....I got the helmets in less than 4 weeks and they were what I expected and I like them...recall prolly slowing things I guess....anyway, their helmets conform to DOT specs but are MINIMAL....a friend of mine ordered a DOT half after seeing mine and trying it on and all...then when he got it, all he didwas bad mouth it saying it doesn't offer enough protection and isn't well built and whatever..hebought a full face which is fine, his choice, but his ACC helmet looks just like mine so I just say "you knew what you where buying so STFU ya retard"

Old 01-25-2008, 01:39 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Thery are extremely busy with the helmet "recalls" and my guess would be that if there is any delay that is the reason.

Old 01-25-2008, 02:14 PM
Dinger
Road Master

Unfortunately, they're a small manufacturer with a product in demand and recall.

Their biggest problem is being honest in turning out product and shipping times.

I'm very happy with my helmet.

Be patient, it's raining anyway!

Old 01-26-2008, 03:43 PM
JohnnyBoy
Road Captain

We'll there you go. A logical explaination. Thanks to you all for your feedback!!!!