General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

safety and protection

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 12:01 PM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: safety and protection

Always wear clothing with leather,never a helmet.My choice, no need to explain,should not have to.

Old 01-25-2008, 12:02 PM
99_percenter
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: JamieCarr

Not that we don't think it'll do any good. ,.....We just don't care.
+1

and extremelybored of seeing this drivel posted over and over again likenobodys search button works ..

The sarcastic responses, come from us reading post after post after post fromnewbies preachin safety in a goddam harely forum...
Personally I'm thinkin quite a few of new guys are trolls in disguise

seriously .. WTF .. made some of you buy harleys? It sure as hell wasnt watching sport bikes with guys wearing Power Ranger zoot suits....

a handy site for some ....

http://volvo.autoextra.com/model

99%r

Old 01-25-2008, 12:04 PM
chiabate
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Every bit of safety gear has it's merits. The body's largest organ is it's epidermis, but you don't see politicians and other do-gooders advocating mandatory gloves and leather/cordura. They're only out to make motorcycling as uncomfortable as possible. Regarding modulators, I see no problem with them. I'm sure someone will find a way to flame the PIAA xenons on my engine guards, and once I add the LED's to the floorboards, but I could care less. Some want to ride at night without a headlight! I prefer visible.

Old 01-25-2008, 12:05 PM
EVO80
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Statistically speaking, your chances of dying from your eating and life style choices (over weight and cholesterol) are thousands of time greater than dying from a motorcycle accident. Heart disease is the number one killer of male Americans - don't know this for a fact, but I would think motorcycle accidents don't make it into the top ten causes of death.

I'm in the same boat as you with regards to my weight and eating too much cholesterol except I can't, and won't,be a friggin' hypocrite and protect myself on my bike when I don't protect myself in all aspects of my life. What's the point of that.................

Old 01-25-2008, 12:11 PM
roewarrior
Cruiser

Seems to me it's time for a separate safety forum, so those who have no use for safety won't be aggravated by it.

Old 01-25-2008, 12:18 PM
99_percenter
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: roewarrior

Seems to me it's time for a separate safety forum, so those who have no use for safety won't be aggravated by it.
they got one already .. its just under a differnt URL

http://www.msf-usa.org/

<alas> I believe the Urban Dictionary is correct...

harley davidson -

A once proud brand of motorcycles that were originally only owned by legit badasses back in the day. Sadly sometime in the `80s posers got into the act and Harley Davidson began to become more concerned with merchandising rather than building decent bikes and it became acceptable for doctors, lawyers, and fat bald guys having a midlife crisis to ride Harleys.

If you own a Harley Davidson edition anything you're not a bad-*** you're a pathetic poser urinating allover the once proud name of Harley Davidson.

****in' trendys always ruin everything.

HTH

99%r

Old 01-25-2008, 12:19 PM
GGC
Road Warrior

EVO80; Great looking bike!!

Old 01-25-2008, 12:22 PM
kingk9
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: 99_percenter

ORIGINAL: JamieCarr

Not that we don't think it'll do any good. ,.....We just don't care.
+1

and extremelybored of seeing this drivel posted over and over again likenobodys search button works ..

The sarcastic responses, come from us reading post after post after post fromnewbies preachin safety in a goddam harely forum...
Personally I'm thinkin quite a few of new guys are trolls in disguise

seriously .. WTF .. made some of you buy harleys? It sure as hell wasnt watching sport bikes with guys wearing Power Ranger zoot suits....

a handy site for some ....

http://volvo.autoextra.com/model

99%r

What they said. Pretty much sums it up for me. I just don't care whatanybody thinks is best for me. I hope I never get as scared and worried as some of you guys. What a way to live.

Old 01-25-2008, 12:24 PM
Wildcat68
Road Captain

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnn n....[sm=icon_blah.gif]

Old 01-25-2008, 12:29 PM
roewarrior
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: 99_percenter

ORIGINAL: roewarrior

they got one already .. its just under a differnt URL

http://www.msf-usa.org/

<alas> I believe the Urban Dictionary is correct...

harley davidson -

A once proud brand of motorcycles that were originally only owned by legit badasses back in the day. Sadly sometime in the `80s posers got into the act and Harley Davidson began to become more concerned with merchandising rather than building decent bikes and it became acceptable for doctors, lawyers, and fat bald guys having a midlife crisis to ride Harleys.

If you own a Harley Davidson edition anything you're not a bad-*** you're a pathetic poser urinating allover the once proud name of Harley Davidson.

****in' trendys always ruin everything.

HTH

99%r
The "pathetic posers" are already on this forum, and they're not gonna leave. I'm just tryin' to help you out.

Quick Reply: safety and protection