General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD NASCAR Sponsorship?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 09:01 PM
Bill03E
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: HD NASCAR Sponsorship?

The NHRA has every ticket as a pit pass,and every event lasts 3 days and some last 5.
The NHRA schedule is 27 races and it starts in Feb. and ends in Nov. almost every weekend.
I can not stand NASCAR races they bore me to tears, and you can't smell the NITRO.
The NHRA events start at like 8am and end around 9pm on the track,after that you can talk to all the racers, and party with them too.

ORIGINAL: rydermike

NHRA may go faster , but car is only on the track for mere seconds....entire race weekend there is less "track time" than a single lap in NASCAR , plus NASCAR has a MUCH larger schedule ,which other than ontrack time is also more time the haulers are crisscrossing the nation (reaching out to the folks that DON'T watch auto racing).

I'd rather see them drop a much less larger sum of perhaps 5 million a year (yeah that IS a small number in major racing) and put thier name on several cars of different classes on the local level. I think there would be a MUCH bigger bang for the buck , and it's not a matter of on track performance , it's more the car being seen enroute to & from the track in traffice with many people noticing it.....Just my thought
Then again I'd love to be one of the recipients for my car!!!! outlawmodified.com #20