General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boots?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2006, 02:08 AM
Otter
Default RE: Boots?

Red Wings babby - The only boot I'll buy.

Old 01-15-2006, 02:25 AM
Axholio
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Johnny

Here is a link to one of the previous threads on this topic.
https://www.hdforums.com/m_16555/mpa...y_boots/tm.htm
Thanks Johnny! I didn't realize this was covered already. Sorry.

Here's what I was looking at...

Alpinestars Roam Waterproof boots are made from synthetic and coated leather uppers and a waterproof inner lining. Has a hook and loop closure system that has three adjustable straps. The front and rear flex areas are made from soft coated microfiber bellows that extend to increase flexibility. The ankle protection on this boot is made from injection molded plastic. Comes with an internal heel counter. The internal toe counter is layered under leather. The sole of these motorcycle boots is made from Alpinestars exclusive compound that feature a unique side wrapping vulcanized design. Also featured is a injected high modulus polyamide midsole that follows the shape of the foot as well as an integrated shank. Anatomical footbed is removable. A multi density padding with an EVA reflective rear insert is integrated in to this boot for increased visibility in poor lighting conditions.

Whaddya think?

Old 01-15-2006, 06:03 AM
pointswhat
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I myself wear the double H brand harness boot I find them comfortable. Just remember whatever boot you buy either make sure they are comfortable to walk in or remember to bring an extra pair of shoes if you go some where.

Things to look for in a boot,

1 Thick rubber heel. If the rubber on the heel is to thin it will wear out fast at the back and as you put your foot down in a heel toe
fashion it may slip out from under you. Mostly a problem with "cowboy" style boots.

2 Waterproof. speaks for itself

3 Comfort. If your feet aint happy YOU aint happy!

4 Protection. Most boots out there have tis well covered.

5 Style. If you like the way they look who cares what anyone else says.

I'm sure theres more out there but that should get you going. If you do end up going with a slip on boot I have a great way to break them in. Put them on and stand in a pool of water to get the leather completely soaked then wear them around the rest of the day till they are dry. this will shrink them to fit your feet perfectly.

Old 01-15-2006, 06:11 AM
mkink
Advanced

I have a pair of Red Wing 9" lace ups. They are fanastic and really comfortable. Here they are Redwing Boots

Matthew

Old 01-15-2006, 08:20 AM
Fatboy2
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those look similar to the Oxtar Matrix

ORIGINAL: Axholio

ORIGINAL: Johnny

Here is a link to one of the previous threads on this topic.
https://www.hdforums.com/m_16555/mpa...y_boots/tm.htm
Thanks Johnny! I didn't realize this was covered already. Sorry.

Here's what I was looking at...

Alpinestars Roam Waterproof boots are made from synthetic and coated leather uppers and a waterproof inner lining. Has a hook and loop closure system that has three adjustable straps. The front and rear flex areas are made from soft coated microfiber bellows that extend to increase flexibility. The ankle protection on this boot is made from injection molded plastic. Comes with an internal heel counter. The internal toe counter is layered under leather. The sole of these motorcycle boots is made from Alpinestars exclusive compound that feature a unique side wrapping vulcanized design. Also featured is a injected high modulus polyamide midsole that follows the shape of the foot as well as an integrated shank. Anatomical footbed is removable. A multi density padding with an EVA reflective rear insert is integrated in to this boot for increased visibility in poor lighting conditions.

Whaddya think?

Old 01-15-2006, 08:34 AM
Tim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Magnums. Law enforcement officers wear them and they only costs $20! I didn't think they would be good for that price ,but now I wear them all the time except when I dress up or go to work. Tim

Old 01-15-2006, 08:47 AM
DensFLH
Cruiser

HD boots that zip up the side. Makes for easier on and off when you get old...
One thing I've noticed about boots, make sure they have a non slip sole...that will help when you pull up to a stop light and the ground is wet or sand on the road.

Old 01-15-2006, 09:43 AM
SC_Compact
Road Warrior
Received 494 Likes on 196 Posts

I have a pair of Chippewa #27868 Harness Boots.

They are comfortable from day one and are weraring like steel.

Made in the USA.

$119.95 for blems or $154.95 for firsts.

They even come with an 800 phone number for when you need to have them resoled.

Boots USA

Old 01-15-2006, 10:16 AM
rvisdew
Road Master

I picked up some Magnums (Law enforcement officers wear) that zip up the side (have laces to get the proper fit) ... nice to put em on and take em off quickly ...

Old 01-15-2006, 11:06 AM
ratmotortom
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wear the Harley Austin basic biker boot. Slip on with harness design. Worn the first pair since 1993. Just bought new ones. Not waterproof, but I wear a set of totes rubber boot covers when it's raining.

I also have a pair of 9" Cabellas lace up Gortex models as well.

Quick Reply: Boots?