General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rain suites, what's good??

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 12:00 PM
glebo
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,090 Likes on 351 Posts
Default RE: Rain suites, what's good??

thanks iceman336, I suppose since you have already been ridin with them and you like them, they should be good to go. It looked good on ebay, but you never know until you have it, or heard from someone that uses them.

Alot of great info for me from this post, never knew the abundance of rain suites. Guess I should go to wal-mart or gander mtn more often......NOT!

Old 01-23-2008, 12:00 PM
Peppa1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got this one. There are several HD dealers that offer 20% off & no tax. IF you buy a good one it will last you forever. You get what you pay for.

Packable Rain Jacket & Pant

The sky shouldn't be the one to tell you when your ride's over. Waterproof nylon is fully lined and seam sealed. Lightweight and packable. Zipper and hook and loop closures. Elastic cuffs and adjustable waist. Reflective front piping and back panel. Hand-warmer pockets. Removable helmet friendly hood. Stirrups and articulated knees. Heat-resistant shield on pant leg. Harley-Davidson® graphics. Includes storage bag.

97028-00V:Mens

97028-05VW:Womens

MSRPUS $129.00 - US $159.00 per size and/or color

color: Grey and Orange
size: Regular Sizes XXS-3W

prd_id" name=bmHidden>prd_id"> folder_id" name=bmHidden>folder_id"> ast_id" name=bmHidden>ast_id">

Old 01-23-2008, 12:21 PM
warthawg
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got a Goretex suit at Outdoor World at a reasonable price.

BUT, you'll need to sew in a couple of suede patches in the seat (slick) and on the inside of the right leg (otherwise it will burn on the pipes). And a bit of relective tape ain't a bad idea.

Hmmm, maybe you'll just want to spend the extra up front and go for one made for riding.

Old 01-23-2008, 12:29 PM
oldfartjc
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: glebo

Lookin for a decent rain suite that's not a gazillion bucks. What are the most popular and FUNCTIONAL ones out there. I found this, don't look to bad.

Whaddya think??\
thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...;category=6750
Actually any Suite would be fine to get you in out of the rain, like one at aEmbassy Suites Hotelor any Best Western Motel. [sm=joke.gif]

Old 01-23-2008, 12:40 PM
BigJfxdwg
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

For the past couple years I've been using a gortex suit from Gander Mountain and that has done a pretty good job of keeping my dry, even in very heavy rain. For Chirstmas this year my OL gave me one of the HD suits so come spring I'll be sure to let you know how that works.

Old 01-23-2008, 01:18 PM
glebo
Grand HDF Member

ORIGINAL: oldfartjc

ORIGINAL: glebo

Lookin for a decent rain suite that's not a gazillion bucks. What are the most popular and FUNCTIONAL ones out there. I found this, don't look to bad.

Whaddya think??\
thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...;category=6750
Actually any Suite would be fine to get you in out of the rain, like one at aEmbassy Suites Hotelor any Best Western Motel. [sm=joke.gif]
hey, good I..er, I mean eye, never said I was a literary geniousBut I did stay at a Holiday Express once, I think it wore off.

Old 01-23-2008, 03:33 PM
wb0zrd
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the same one that Peppa1 talked about a few responses up...I second everything he said.

Paul in Colorado

Old 01-23-2008, 05:19 PM
glebo
Grand HDF Member

ORIGINAL: wb0zrd

I have the same one that Peppa1 talked about a few responses up...I second everything he said.

Paul in Colorado
Thats a nice suit, I went by the dealer today to check out what they had. I liked it, but they wanted 139 bucks, i suppose its not THAT bad, it was made good and looked like it would last. I am always leary of buying something I havent seen or felt. Still pondering, iceman says he likes his, so guess more decision making is in order. Maybe I'll ask when harley is going to have a sale.

Old 01-23-2008, 06:08 PM
Dc78
Intermediate

I have one I got from J & P. It has served me well. Been through two good storms one for over 3 hrs.

Old 01-23-2008, 06:29 PM
Trock
Outstanding HDF Member

http://www.bransonwholesale.com/

Quick Reply: Rain suites, what's good??