General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How Do I Deal With Upgrade Fever???

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 04:42 PM
AZCHOKESTER
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How Do I Deal With Upgrade Fever???

Thats like medical advice from a surgeon. it don't get any better.

Old 01-21-2008, 04:44 PM
hoosierhog88
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nothing wrong with a Sporty, my friend. My first HD and loved it.

But to quench the fire, do as suggested and see what the dealer will take in trade, then see if the numbers work. If they do, go for what you like.

If the numbers don't work, try selling it outright, consider eBay and local rags, to see if you can get your "upgrade" price.

It's tough to sell anything in January, but spring is around the corner.

Old 01-21-2008, 04:44 PM
greg09997
Road Warrior
Received 99 Likes on 50 Posts

life is to short. Give in and get what makes you happy. As long as you can afford it, who cares if you lose a couple grand.
You could spend that on a vacation or something else that will be gone in 5 days, or buy what you want and enjoy for the next 5 years.

Old 01-21-2008, 04:51 PM
Mikey 1450
Road Master
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

If you really feel that way, I doubt you will be satisfied until you get the bigger bike.

[/align]

Old 01-21-2008, 04:52 PM
BadBobOk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: AZCHOKESTER

When did a 1200 CC almost 600 pound bike become little?
The first time you parked it next to a bagger I suppose.

Old 01-21-2008, 04:59 PM
biz44
Outstanding HDF Member

You have to one day come to the realization that you are hooked, and there is as of yet no re-hab for hard core bike junkies yet (thank goodness). Just keep the Sportster.....and pay it off as fast as you can....or faster! Now start bike shopping again.......who says you can have only one or two bikes.....thats just silly.

The way I look at it is like this. Life is just way too short for me not to have everything I want that falls within my current financial ability. I could care less about a lot of stuff......for me my priorities are food, bikes, tools, females. Everything that falls outside that list can wait or be bought on the cheep. The items on the list are all first class, top shelf products.....or as best as I could possibly afford without neglecting any of the other items on the list.

Very simple.....it dont take much thought. So when the question comes up...."do I get the new TV, or do I buy that Handy bike lift I been wanting.......there is no debate, or flipping of a coin. I just stick with my list of priorities!

Old 01-21-2008, 05:13 PM
x2lee
Banned

Happiness is not having what you want its wanting what you have. I am content with my bike but I do like to mod it
Of course I think I have the best Harley they ever made.Whats not to be happy with?
ORIGINAL: kjmorgan

Been riding my Sportster for almost a year now and I really do enjoy it but....

I've rented a Heritage Softtail, a Road King, and an Electraglide and really enjoyed each of them also but....

I probably couldn't sell or trade my bike for the payoff yet (getting close, though) and I shouldn't even be considering a new loan but....

I still find myself daydreaming all the time about which larger bike I'll move up to next. I go to my credit union website and calculate new loan payments to the penny! I do forum searches constantly looking for comparisons and reviews of the HD's I'm considering. I spent forever talking to the HD reps at the Atlanta motorcycle show this weekend.

What the hell's wrong with me!?!? Is it just the winter doldrums where I'm not riding enough? Am I hanging out on the forums too much? Is this an inevitable part of owning a Harley - always dreaming about your NEXT one??

Old 01-21-2008, 05:15 PM
x2lee
Banned

No, thats when It feels fastest
ORIGINAL: BadBobOk

ORIGINAL: AZCHOKESTER

When did a 1200 CC almost 600 pound bike become little?
The first time you parked it next to a bagger I suppose.

Old 01-21-2008, 05:18 PM
reefrider
Road Master
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

ORIGINAL: biz44

You have to one day come to the realization that you are hooked, and there is as of yet no re-hab for hard core bike junkies yet (thank goodness). Just keep the Sportster.....and pay it off as fast as you can....or faster! Now start bike shopping again.......who says you can have only one or two bikes.....thats just silly.

The way I look at it is like this. Life is just way too short for me not to have everything I want that falls within my current financial ability. I could care less about a lot of stuff......for me my priorities are food, bikes, tools, females. Everything that falls outside that list can wait or be bought on the cheep. The items on the list are all first class, top shelf products.....or as best as I could possibly afford without neglecting any of the other items on the list.

Very simple.....it dont take much thought. So when the question comes up...."do I get the new TV, or do I buy that Handy bike lift I been wanting.......there is no debate, or flipping of a coin. I just stick with my list of priorities!
Got that right! Life's too short not to make yourself and your family happy. If you can live within your budget then buy your priorities.

Old 01-21-2008, 05:19 PM
06train
Road Warrior

Yep ..thats what I'D do?????????

Quick Reply: How Do I Deal With Upgrade Fever???