General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

headlight modulator

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 11:08 AM
DeJavu
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: headlight modulator

DDD, Ditto!

Old 01-24-2008, 11:14 AM
rydermike
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I see one coming up in a lane next to mine going at a faster rate , I move into that lane just to annoy them as much as thier rude flashing annoy's me.

Old 01-24-2008, 11:45 AM
NY_Rebel
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A friend with the mod H/L had a cage pull out in front of him a few months ago... Her excuse was: she wasn't sure what his intentions were with all that flashing of the lights, so she assumed he meant for her to proceed.... yeah that's a good reason to have one....befuddle them with BS

I never depend on a cage seeing me... I pretend I'm invisible to them, even if I make eye contact. By riding that way, I'm always positioned and prepared to take evasive action.

Old 01-24-2008, 09:24 PM
bzxgdk
Cruiser

I really appreciate the various opinions on this subject.... appears to cover the spectrum.

Old 01-25-2008, 12:12 AM
wallyn
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: NY_Rebel

A friend with the mod H/L had a cage pull out in front of him a few months ago... Her excuse was: she wasn't sure what his intentions were with all that flashing of the lights, so she assumed he meant for her to proceed.... yeah that's a good reason to have one....befuddle them with BS

I never depend on a cage seeing me... I pretend I'm invisible to them, even if I make eye contact. By riding that way, I'm always positioned and prepared to take evasive action.
I agree to driving like you are invisible. But I would still take advantage of the modulator to increase your chances of being seen.

As for the driver that still pulled out sometimes you can't do anything about the real stupid ones.

Old 01-25-2008, 06:04 AM
Lone Watie
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So let me get this straight - you ride, but when you see another rider who is doing something to make him/herself more visible, you purposely pull in front of them to annoy them, as their attempt to be more visible, which is working because you see them, annoys you. I'm not judging you, just trying make sense out of your logic, which makes no sense to me.

ORIGINAL: rydermike

When I see one coming up in a lane next to mine going at a faster rate , I move into that lane just to annoy them as much as thier rude flashing annoy's me.

Old 01-25-2008, 06:15 AM
Daytrip
Novice

FWIW--the Edmond, OK police biker safety instructors recommend the use of the headlight modulator. In their safety course they say it's the best $100 you can spend on your bike.

Old 01-25-2008, 06:41 AM
HarleyForeverFLHX
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

3 reasons why:
1) Some states may be illegal as it may be too much like flashing lights on emergency vehicles
2) Truck drivers see flashing light as a courtesy "you have cleared to move into the lane... then get ur azz ran over
3) Some drivers may find it irritating as hell and just roll out the road rage
And I suppose there may be some kind of liability issue
The modulator is legal in all states "ON MOTORCYCLES ". And I could give a rats Hiney hole less what cagers think. If they get pissed, good. I stay pissed at the way they disrespect us. I have two sets on my Harley. My back lights so when I hit the breaks and my front light. I also put a 110/125 bulb in front. I've seen the effects of the flashing light with drivers. they start to pull out and stop when they see the light. It catches there eye.
I've used the modulator and advocate it's use. I see no liability issue other than the fact that it might make a person stop talking on that c phone for a second or two.

Old 01-25-2008, 07:11 AM
steveoh62
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: lonewatie

So let me get this straight - you ride, but when you see another rider who is doing something to make him/herself more visible, you purposely pull in front of them to annoy them, as their attempt to be more visible, which is working because you see them, annoys you. I'm not judging you, just trying make sense out of your logic, which makes no sense to me.

I couldn't agree more with lonewatie!

Old 01-25-2008, 08:44 AM
DDDeepdiver
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: lonewatie

Exactly what i was thinking lonewaite....i wont judge him either, but if hemakes a idiot move like thatbecause of a modulator.....well..... draw your own conclusions.

Quick Reply: headlight modulator