General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

headlight modulator

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 06:27 PM
billfitt
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: headlight modulator

i don't mind if they're irrated at least the see me. they may actually put down the phone and concentrate on driving.

just .02

bill

Old 01-23-2008, 06:41 PM
rickxx
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: DeJavu

1) Legal in all states.
2) Trucker recognize a quick flash, not the constant flashing of a modulator(most will think it's a LEO.
3) It can be turned off if it seems wise, most drivers will not immediately reach for the Uzi.
The liability is they are most liable to see your *** coming and not pull out in front of you.
They will definetely not be able to say they "didn't see see you"
+1

Old 01-23-2008, 06:46 PM
rickxx
Tourer

ORIGINAL: zukeeper

if your so afraid to ride that you hamper other people driving vehicles ability to concentrate , get off the bike
hamper their ability to concentrate....actually it may get them to concentrate on their drivinginstead of being on the cell phone, or texting. i use a modulator. i believe i'm safer out there and to me, that's what it's all about. am i afraid...nah.

Old 01-23-2008, 06:48 PM
Bumm
Advanced

Please, DON"T ride behind me with one of those damn things! Zoo is right, if you are going to do that, paint your bike day-glow green and wear one of those DORK vests that reflect.

Old 01-23-2008, 06:49 PM
rydermike
Road Warrior

And those you come up on that feel you are flashing to "tell them to get the hell out of your way" that may react rude? Not to mention those that see u in the distance and slow down in traffic adding to gridlock and traffic issues?

Old 01-23-2008, 07:23 PM
wallyn
Road Captain

The Coimagination modulator wil only modulate when you have your High beam switch on. When riding in the middle of a pack you can shut it off. When stuck in traffic And I my headlight is flashing right in their mirror I shut it off.

The modulators only work in daylight hours and they are not as irritating as you might think. They are just enough so that the cagers can see you. if you think your headlight alone is enough you are kidding your self. How many times on here have we read read the statement from the left hand turn driver,"I just didn't see him coming" ?

I respect and love my family to much, I will ride with a modulator thank you.

Old 01-23-2008, 07:49 PM
Hogaholic
Outstanding HDF Member

They look real good on the metrics.......

Old 01-23-2008, 08:31 PM
sniper77
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I always thought the modulators looked stupid but after watching so many people look me dead in the eye and pull out in front of me anyway, I decided to give it a try and you know what? They don't pull out anymore. Maybe they have to look twice to make sure it isn't a cop and that extra second it takes them to figure it out allows me to proceed intact.

I've been hit and gone down for that ambulance ride four times, I ain't taking any more chances that it won't be the coronor's van next time.

Old 01-24-2008, 08:19 AM
DeJavu
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you don't have a righteous fear of some idiot "not seeing you", you may change your mind after your T-bone in the side of that car. If loud pipes have any effect, the modulator adds a large factor to that. Don't tell me not to ride because I might snap some "blind" driver out of their slumber at the wheel.
I'm hobbling around on a smashed ankle now because someone didn't look twice before they pulled in front of me.
Ride how you like, it's your life, just don't tell me how I should ride.

Old 01-24-2008, 10:34 AM
DDDeepdiver
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: zukeeper

if your so afraid to ride that you hamper other people driving vehicles ability to concentrate , get off the bike
Hmmm, Dont have one on my bike....but have seen them while in my cage, it got my attention and believe it or not, it didnt even hamper my ability to concentrate on my driving. NOTE:If they hamper your ability to concentrate GET OUT OF THE CAGE YOU SHOULDNT BE DRIVING.[:@][:@][:@][:@] some of the stuff people post on here kills me.

Quick Reply: headlight modulator