General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Garage door opener

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 03:17 AM
michael_pilot
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Garage door opener

Howdy,
Just installed my new Harley Garage door opener. Spliced it into the yellow and white wires leading out of my headlight. Put the circuit into the only open fuse space on my circuit board and have had no luck on getting it to work. I have a 2007 FLSTC Heritage Softail. I installed the transmitter in the location under the seat between the inner fender and the frame as in the instructions. I plugged the transmitter into an extension cord and tried to program it standing there on the bike but it didn't seem to program which leads me to think that either I screwed my connections or it's not getting power. I'm usually really good installing things, cars, household, etc. but this one has me stumped.

Thanks

Old 01-20-2008, 05:29 AM
olgoat
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Garage door opener

Heck I didn't know you could get g.door openers for your bike.I grab one from my truck and throw itinto the saddelbag. I'll be watching this thread so I won't have any trouble installing mine!

Old 01-20-2008, 08:50 AM
piniongear
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RE: Garage door opener

I know very little about garage door openers......but I have to ask you this, Is there a 'Learn Button' on the garage door opener head that must be pushed (first) to be able to program the thing?
Otherwise all you are needing to do is tie into a wire that always has 12V (the headlight) which will supply 12V to the opener, then the other wire from the opener goes to ground basically.
Now, when you push the button, 12V goes through the opener and to ground. Door opens if the program has been set. Simple explanation of how it works. Read yor manual again regarding the possibility of a learn button on the head........pg