Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD Service Survey...does your name go to the dealer?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 11:58 PM
harleyxlc
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default HD Service Survey...does your name go to the dealer?

Short question....when you submit the Harley surverys, do they send them to the dealership with your name included?

Long story...

I guess it's been 18 months since I got my SB. Received a service survey. I go to the same dealer where I bought it as I am very happy with their service dept. I had a great sales experience there and the parts guys are also wonderful.

But....I had an absolutely horrible experience with one of their folks in actg regarding a gap refund (they never submitted paperwork, lied to my face, NEVER returned my calls even after being contacted by HD corp, etc). HD corp even contacted the GM and he never called me back either. After several months, I finally gave up, but it left a very bad taste and I decided that my next harley will probably be from another dealership.

I realize it was only appox $400, but over 10 calls never returned and the outright lies to me about seeing the check, sending the check to Eaglemark for a signature since the bike wasn't paid off (a lie since it had to be paid off to request a gap refund).... it was beyond a bad customer service experience. The woman at the dealership didn't even call back Harley corp after three messages!

I like the guys in the service dept and want to keep taking my bike there, but I am concerned that if my rant gets forwarfded with my name, that I may have an issue with service in the future. Not that I should, buy you know how it is....

Any thoughts?

Old 01-20-2008, 12:09 AM
Kolni
Banned
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: HD Service Survey...does your name go to the dealer?

First off, I don't us the dealer. But I have been in the auto biz for a few years. I have had customers like you that loved my shop, but had a problem with one or two of my employees.

SO here is what I sugest you do.

One afternoon take a ride to the dealership and talk to the service dept manager or service writtre directly. Basically, who ever is in DIRECT charge of the shop. And tell him your concerns in person. Be honest, tell him you like him and his shop, but this one person you have problems with. Don't talk about her on a personal level, just a business level. Meaning, do not call her a bitch, just state she didn't return your calls.

If the guy is smart, he will understand and offer a possible solution. Based on how that talk goes I would decide what the next step would be if I kept using them or not.

A good shop is hard to find, but a billing clerk is easy to replace...I hope the shop understands that.

Now...if this girl is sleeping with the owner then you are ****ed.

Good luck

Old 01-20-2008, 01:03 AM
Comfortably Numb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

My solution is I never complete and return the survey. I simply assume any rant of mine would blow up in my face one day.

CN

Old 01-20-2008, 01:23 AM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I got a survey after I bought my latest Sporty. Made a point to tell them how I was sold a leaky Sportster. It's just the sending unit under the oil filter....but still.
They don't send me anything now

Old 01-20-2008, 02:58 AM
Sam
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To answer the question of "Do they know at the dealership"? NO. The survey goes back to Harley and the dealership is given a rating; based on the amount returned for that year and what the responses were. So the only thing that the dealership knows, is how many survey's were sent in for their shop and what their rating is.

Old 01-20-2008, 05:03 AM
lilrooster76
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Sam

To answer the question of "Do they know at the dealership"? NO. The survey goes back to Harley and the dealership is given a rating; based on the amount returned for that year and what the responses were. So the only thing that the dealership knows, is how many survey's were sent in for their shop and what their rating is.
Actually, the deler does get your name, as well as a copy of the survey. My dealer contacted me about 2 months after I completed my survey and asked if they could use my coments on their website to help promote their dealerships outstanding service (which they do have).

Old 01-20-2008, 07:27 AM
Sam
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There you go, you learn something new everyday. You could be right in the U.S. rooster. I'm up in Canada and work at a dealership, wenever see any of them, we only get the results from Deeley's

Old 01-20-2008, 07:52 AM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I thought about that question when I got my survey. I believe it states that it just goes to the dealer as rough data but I didn't believe it. But I hope it does. Everything I said was true. I loved my bike and would recommend HD to anyone but I would never ever ever recommend the dealer or take my bike there for service.

Old 01-20-2008, 07:59 AM
13RoadGlider
Cruiser
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

I second that, I trashed my dealership, sent in the survey and about 2 months later I got a call from my dealership asking "How can we make things right?". It obviously does make a difference if you fill out the survey and mail it in.

ORIGINAL: lilrooster76

ORIGINAL: Sam

Actually, the deler does get your name, as well as a copy of the survey. My dealer contacted me about 2 months after I completed my survey and asked if they could use my coments on their website to help promote their dealerships outstanding service (which they do have).

Old 01-20-2008, 08:02 AM
Neckball
Stellar HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I trashed my dealership, sent in the survey and about 2 months later I got a call from my dealership asking "How can we make things right?". It obviously does make a difference if you fill out the survey and mail it in.
I had a similar experience.

Quick Reply: HD Service Survey...does your name go to the dealer?