General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD Service Survey...does your name go to the dealer?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 08:12 AM
ohiosofttail06
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HD Service Survey...does your name go to the dealer?

If it is anything like automotive- yes, they get your name. One thing to consider, before slamming them, is that you may be impacting not only the dealer, but the employees $$. In the auto world, there is huge money tied to you score, and lots of times, bonuses paid to the service dept people. If your problem is not with the service dept, I wouldn't send in a bad survey.
Most people don't return them, so one bad score can kill you for months. I've personally lost thousands of dollars over people sending in a bad survey, complaining about things that had nothing to do with their service visit.
An easy way to find out is to take the survey to the dealer and ask them if it will hurt them personally (the guys you like I mean)

Old 01-20-2008, 09:13 AM
AMISH OUTLAW
Road Captain

Yeah my dealer got mine, I trashed them big time,they delivered my bike covered in dirt with rust on the bottom of the frame(the bike was brand new 06 RKclassic with 3 miles on it) and no owners manual. I was at sea at the time and my wife did not know any better.The dealership called when they got the survey and told me to bring the bike in and they would do the first service free. made the appointment dropped the bike off and was told it would be ready by lunch time,bike was ready at 7:00pm that night picked it up and it was a dirty mess,was detailed and waxed the day before, took pictures and sent the moco headquaters copys of the survey,pictures and new letter of discontent,recieved in return a $100.00 gift cert good at any dealership a week later. Needless to say i don't fill those things out anymore!

Old 01-20-2008, 09:49 AM
Sam
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it's great that your dealers get to see the surveys. LikeI said, up here we only get the results from Deeleys, so if we have screwed up, we can't remedy the customers complaint (unless they come and tell us or contact the Deeley rep, of course). Having that info. shouldbe very helpful to any dealership that's willing to follow up on the problem. There are times at our shop, as an example,when maybe the sales dept. is very happy with how they treated the customer, but maybe service messed something up, etc. We end up thinkiing the person is bragging about our dealership, when actually they are complaining to everyone they know. At least if we had the names from the surveys, we'd have the opportunity to fix the problem.

Old 01-20-2008, 09:53 AM
Dennydp
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts

If they deserve a slammin I slam em-by the same token if they do a great job I praise em.

Old 01-20-2008, 10:20 AM
57springer57
Road Captain

I allways return them and fill them out honestly

Old 01-20-2008, 03:48 PM
big_al
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont know about motorcycle dealerships, but I do work in the automobile dealership industry for many years and we do get a copy via email of every customer that has filled out a survey wether be for sales or service it does not matter. We are not authorized in any way shape or form to take it out on the customer we use it as gauge to see how our customers see us. As a company we have over 100k dollars riding on good CSI we have to be at above 92.88 if not we loose alot of incentive money also one bad survey destoys the average of 14 excellent surveys it is real hard to satisfy everyone but we try real hard and our employees jobs depend on it..

Old 01-20-2008, 04:58 PM
ballpeen
Tourer

ORIGINAL: lilrooster76

ORIGINAL: Sam

To answer the question of "Do they know at the dealership"? NO. The survey goes back to Harley and the dealership is given a rating; based on the amount returned for that year and what the responses were. So the only thing that the dealership knows, is how many survey's were sent in for their shop and what their rating is.
Actually, the deler does get your name, as well as a copy of the survey. My dealer contacted me about 2 months after I completed my survey and asked if they could use my coments on their website to help promote their dealerships outstanding service (which they do have).
I can second this, we too were contacted by our dealer thanking us for the positive survey to the MOCO, So I can just about guess what would happen with a negative one .. Tim

[IMG]local://upfiles/46392/572B98FABBA344FCB7EB47E64F37B71C.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-20-2008, 05:13 PM
hdpearson13
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

YES THEY DO! If you dont do it anounimously then your name wont be on it but the dealer will always get a copy and can figure out who did the survey 9 out of 10 times

Old 01-20-2008, 08:36 PM
Trey Hogger
Road Master

I took my last survey straight to the dealer and presented it to my salesman. I told him where I couldn't honestly give them high marks because of some personal behaviors in the parts department. I left it up to him to get that problem corrected and complete my survey. He appreciated that, because the company really does come after them when they get bad responses.
I also scored a $50.00 gift card for giving them needed feedback.

Old 01-20-2008, 11:55 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 932 Likes on 574 Posts

I never fill out the surveys unless I get a bribe. I've had car dealers give me a tank of gas if I would sign the survey and let them fill it out. I took my almost empty 36 gallon 4X4 in. Ha! Then I got oil changes.

Quick Reply: HD Service Survey...does your name go to the dealer?