General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WHEN ARE MOTORCYCLIST ?????

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008 | 08:56 PM
HarleyForeverFLHX
|
Banned
Default WHEN ARE MOTORCYCLIST ?????

When are motorcyclist going to stand up and do something about people Negligently hitting motorcyclist ? I got a call a short while ago. It was about my riding buddy. He was hit by a girl fighting with another girl in the car and Hit Him. Here's what the FHP said. The two girls got into a friendly altercation over a c phone and wasn't looking forward. She didn't notice the stop sign and ran through hitting my buddy. She got a "TICKET" and was allowed to drive off. My buddy is having His leg taken off as we speak.
I am so Dam tied of people getting away with crap like this. Why can't we do something about this ? WHAT WILL IT TAKE ? SERIOUSLY GUYS...WHAT WILL IT TAKE FOR US TO STAND UP AND SAY...WE'VE HAD ENOUGH !

Old 01-19-2008 | 08:59 PM
Kolni
Banned
Default RE: WHEN ARE MOTORCYCLIST ?????

So what are you saying?

That you want people put in jail everytime someone causes an accident?

Have YOU ever caused an accident?

And can't he sue her in civil court?

Do you think the driver was criminally negilegt her and she ment to cause the accident?

PS Sorry about your buddy, but let's be realistic here.

Old 01-19-2008 | 09:01 PM
HarleyForeverFLHX
|
Banned

ORIGINAL: Kolni

So what are you saying?

That you want people put in jail everytime someone causes an accident?

Have YOU ever caused an accident?

And can't he sue her in civil court?

Do you think the driver was criminally negilegt her and she ment to cause the accident?

PS Sorry about your buddy, but let's be realistic here.

If I understood correctly. she had 10/20/10. Shes a young girl. Hell yea she should be charged. And no.I have always took driving very serious. A car is not a play thing.

Old 01-19-2008 | 09:04 PM
budwfo
Road Captain

"She got a ticket",,,,,,She should go to jail for attempted manslaughter, fighting over a FRICKIN cell phone,,,,geeeezzzzzzz....

Old 01-19-2008 | 09:05 PM
Kolni
Banned

ORIGINAL: HarleyForeverFLHX

If I understood correctly. she had 10/20/10.
I have no idea what that means.

What do you think she should be charged for?

Because she was held accountable for the action she violated, and her insurance will cover the rest. That is why we have insurance.

Yeah it sucks about your friend, but accidnets happen.

Again I ask, do you want to put everyone in jail that causes an accident? Cause that would be 1/2 the population.

Old 01-19-2008 | 09:09 PM
HarleyForeverFLHX
|
Banned

If I understood correctly. she had 10/20/10.
I have no idea what that means.

What do you think she should be charged for?

Because she was held accountable for the action she violated, and her insurance will cover the rest. That is why we have insurance.

Yeah it sucks about your friend, but accidnets happen.

Again I ask, do you want to put everyone in jail that causes an accident? Cause that would be 1/2 the population.
Do you have any idea how many accidents are in America a year? Now go see how many motorcycle accident ? Good GOD ! If people knew when they got in there car "IF THE ACCIDENT WAS NEGLITENT " that they would do jail time, you can bet the accident rate would disappear. Your DAM RIGHT I think she should go to jail.

Old 01-19-2008 | 09:15 PM
Raxus
Road Warrior

Truely sorry to hear about your friend, he's in my prayers FLHX. Can you shed some light on what you mean by 10/20/10 please?

Rax

Old 01-19-2008 | 09:17 PM
Kolni
Banned

Your DAM RIGHT I think she should go to jail.
I understand your frustration, but that is just not realistic. She did not intend to cause an accident, no one does. That is why they are called accidents.

I mean sheet! 7 years ago I had an accident at work that caused me major back problems. Stuff happens, then you die.

At this time your friend needs you to help focus on the positives of his life, not the negatives. You have no idea what the future holds for him and some positive things just might come about as a result of this.

Like I said, if we did what you want then 1/2 our population would be in jail.

And ALL accidnets involve some sort of negligence...that's what causes them.

Old 01-19-2008 | 09:19 PM
HarleyForeverFLHX
|
Banned

ORIGINAL: Raxus

Truely sorry to hear about your friend, he's in my prayers FLHX. Can you shed some light on what you mean by 10/20/10 please?

Rax
Florida has a PIP law. Personal Injury protection. The min limit is called 10/20/10. thats what most TARD IDIOTS Have.
It's 10,000 for each person. $20,000 limit. So the most her insurance will pay is $10,000 to Him. He can sue her, but in Florida, you cant take a home or the primary mode of transpertation.So if you hit someone here....no big deal..well unless you've got money. In most cases, the hospitals pay the price along with the injured. THAT'S FLAT OUT WRONG !

Old 01-19-2008 | 09:23 PM
HarleyForeverFLHX
|
Banned

Your DAM RIGHT I think she should go to jail.
I understand your frustration, but that is just not realistic. She did not intend to cause an accident, no one does. That is why they are called accidents.

I mean sheet! 7 years ago I had an accident at work that caused me major back problems. Stuff happens, then you die.

At this time your friend needs you to help focus on the positives of his life, not the negatives. You have no idea what the future holds for him and some positive things just might come about as a result of this.

Like I said, if we did what you want then 1/2 our population would be in jail.

And ALL accidnets involve some sort of negligence...that's what causes them.
HERES HOW I FEEL. IF YOUR "NEGLIGENT" . 1ST OFFIENCE MUST PAY WHAT THE INSURANCE DON'T COVER AND COMPENSATION UNTIL THE INJURED CAN WORK AGAIN. 2ND OFFIENCE MANDATORY JAIL SENTANCE. ONE YEAR MIN. PERIOD !!!!! IF YOU TAKE A LIFE DUE TO "NEGLICENCE". YOU DO ONE YEAR MIN UNLESS ALCOHOL WAS INVOLVED. ALCOHOL INVOLVEMENT CALLS FOR LIFE SENTANCE. 2ND OFFIENCE WHERE YOU TAKE A LIFE..YOU GET "DEATH ".

Quick Reply: WHEN ARE MOTORCYCLIST ?????