General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WHEN ARE MOTORCYCLIST ?????

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008 | 01:23 PM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Default RE: WHEN ARE MOTORCYCLIST ?????

ORIGINAL: Geoff

Sorry to year about your friend. The girl should definitely be charged with manslaughter.
How do you come up with 'manslaughter'?

I'm very sorry to hear what happened to the friend, but manslaughter is a charge that usually is brought about by the death of an individual.

Old 01-20-2008 | 01:27 PM
BULLDOG88
Road Captain

tonya harding party for the driver?

Old 01-20-2008 | 01:34 PM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member

ORIGINAL: OldFenderGuy

Sorry to year about your friend. The girl should definitely be charged with manslaughter.

I'm very sorry to hear what happened to the friend, but manslaughter is a charge that usually is brought about by the death of an individual.
Well, I'm obviously no lawyer. Point is the girl should be charged with something more than a traffic ticket.Perhaps someone familiar with law can identify the appropriate charge.

Old 01-20-2008 | 01:54 PM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: OldFenderGuy

Well, I'm obviously no lawyer. Point is the girl should be charged with something more than a traffic ticket.Perhaps someone familiar with law can identify the appropriate charge.
Well I know what you are saying and I agree.....

I'm sure there are current laws on the books she could have been charged with, and it is difficult to understand how she was the cause of such a serious accident and got off with just a 'ticket'...

Old 01-20-2008 | 01:54 PM
HarleyForeverFLHX
|
Banned

ORIGINAL: sldavis

With all due respect, some of the suggestions here are just plain nuts. After working vehicle collisions for over 20 years, i can tell you that just about all motor vehicle accidents are caused by some kind of negligence. Drivers are human, and as such it is impossible to drive all the time and never become distracted, or inattentive for short periods of time. Now I'm all for banning the use of cell phones in moving vehicles, as research has found that a person on the cell phone is as dangerous as a DUI driver. But some of the penalties called for here....c'mon. You may think it will never happen to you, but if some of these would be passed, would you really want to have your son or daughter thrown in jail or given the needle because they had a traffic accident??? Just be careful of what you ask for, because just about every driver will be involved in an accident at one point in their driving career, and someone will be at fault 100% of the time. Next time it could be you or one of your loved ones that could be on the recieving end of this "kill them, throw them in jail, chase them down and beat the **** out of them" mentality

WOW , what a mind set. And you're a public servant also. Thank you very much for showing the whole forum how the rest of the world thinks. Hey...It wasn't my kid or my fault. Fu*kit. Would I want my son in jail ? Or my daughter ? OH OF COURSE NOT ! YOU KNOW, COME TO THINK OF IT, LET'S MAKE OUR LAWS EASIER. THAT WAY I WONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT MY FAMILY AND MY LIFE AND MY POCKETBOOK, AS LONG AS IT'S NOT ME.
And when YOU or your spoiled rotten kid kills someone , you hire the best lawyers to make the ignescent look guilty and your precious child goes on killing for another day. How dare we have the gaul to think we could put your little precious in jail ?

If my child gets on the street and is negligent and takes another families life. Your dam right I want her to suffer the consequences. Kids today think the road is a place to play, put on makeup, talk on the c phone, play with the radio, fight with friends , look at how beautiful each other is.

Everyone knows in America today, there's very little consequences for accidents other than higher premiums. With that mind set, nothing will get better.

I am curious though, you being a cop and all. In all your years of experience, what would in your opinion, do you think would help motorcyclist ?

Old 01-20-2008 | 02:07 PM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member

This topic has been beat to death numerous times.

https://www.hdforums.com/m_2049090/tm.htm

https://www.hdforums.com/m_751363/tm.htm

Old 01-20-2008 | 02:12 PM
HarleyForeverFLHX
|
Banned

As I can see. And not one thing has been done about it. But the good thing about it is, bikers are concerned or it wouldn't be posted here. The sad part as I stated is nothing is being done about it.

Old 01-20-2008 | 02:14 PM
Trailfndr
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: CSI Topeka

This topic has been beat to death numerous times.

https://www.hdforums.com/m_2049090/tm.htm

https://www.hdforums.com/m_751363/tm.htm
And it will continue to be, until something changes. Hell, Billy Lane, DRUNK, hit a biker, Killed him, and here it is nearly 2 years later, and he is STILL walking the steet and making a damned good living. Something is seriously wrong.

Old 01-20-2008 | 02:27 PM
Biker Trash
Outstanding HDF Member

Sorry to hear about your friend. There is a real lacking in personal responsibility these days. It was an accident that could have been prevented with a little bit of awareness by the teenage driver.
Now aman lost his leg. He's scarred and disabled for the rest of his life.
The girl (and her parents if she's under 18)aught to pay. There is no excuse for stupid. [:@]

Old 01-20-2008 | 02:36 PM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member

ORIGINAL: HarleyForeverFLHX

As I can see. And not one thing has been done about it. But the good thing about it is, bikers are concerned or it wouldn't be posted here. The sad part as I stated is nothing is being done about it.
That's right. I seeattorneys using the phrase"Kill a biker, go to jail" in their ads. When you consider the likelihoodofBilly Lane walking away from his manslaughter charge, this seems like nothing more thanlip service.

Quick Reply: WHEN ARE MOTORCYCLIST ?????