General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WHEN ARE MOTORCYCLIST ?????

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008 | 09:27 PM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member
Default RE: WHEN ARE MOTORCYCLIST ?????

People getting into traffic "accidents" is one thing. It's when they get into a traffic "on-purpose" that I get pissed off.

Old 01-19-2008 | 09:34 PM
HarleyForeverFLHX
|
Banned

IT'S LIKE THIS. iF YOU TRULY HAVE AN ACCIDENT, THAT'S WHAT IM SORRY ANS INSURANCE IS ABOUT. BUT IF YOU RUN A REDLIGHT OR A STOP SIGN. YOU JUMP INTO ONGOING TRAFFIC CAUSE YOUR TO IMPATIENT TO WAIT. yOUR TALKING ON A CELLPHONE OR EATING OR EVEN GOT YOUR FINGER UP YOUR ***. YOU SHOULD DO JAIL TIME PERIOD. WHEN WE CHANGE THE LAWS IN AMERICA. TRAFFIC VIOLATIONS WILL GO WAY DOWN. IF WE DONT STAND UP AS MOTORCYCLIST. NOTHING WILL EVER BE DONE. THIS IS BULLSHIT BULLSHIT BULLSHIT !

Old 01-19-2008 | 09:38 PM
Kolni
Banned

Man...go see your friend.

He needs you right now.

JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member

Sorry to hear about your friend ... If this was in Florida try contacting groups trying to rid Florida of using a cell phone while driving last time they tried to pass it it didn't even come close to passing so meanwhile Soccer Moms and Ole folgies chat away putting everyone else in danger and the sad part it's legal... One of the 1st questions asked in an accident in Florida anymore is " Were you using your Cell phone? "

pip369
Road Captain

My daughters 14 and she is just starting to drive. I am teaching her that a car is at least as seriuos as a loaded gun. A car can kill multiple people in an instant. I think laws need to be way tougher on people that seriously hurt or kill other people due to negligence. And that is clearly what this is. I am also a bicyclist and I am amazed by some of thecyclist not to mention motorcyclists that are killed by by people doing stupid sheat in cars.The laws need to be tougher. This man is going to be without a leg for the rest of his life. That is total BS that this girl can simply drive off!!! At a minimum she needs to have her liscense PULLED!!! And then pay forthe damages she has caused.

Sorry to her about your friend.

Old 01-19-2008 | 09:43 PM
Rhubarb
Ultimate HDF Member

I am sorry to hear about your friend. There is definately an epidemic of people not paying attention while driving. Cars have gotten so good at doing the driving for you with traction control, ABS, prevelance of automatics, gps, lane change warning, etc... that people do anything but drive.

I don't think Jail is the right answer. I don't have a good answer. Mandatory driver training, forced higher insurance, tougher rules on cell phone and pda usage...

Try to focus on what is good in his life, he will have plenty of time to be upset by all this.

Old 01-19-2008 | 09:43 PM
HarleyForeverFLHX
|
Banned

ORIGINAL: Kolni

Man...go see your friend.

He needs you right now.
Yea your right. My focus is off and im pissed. But enough is enough. Im tired of hearing about buddies getting hurt and people driving off.

Old 01-19-2008 | 09:57 PM
JB
Outstanding HDF Member

Why should should some one arguing on a cell phone andrunning a stop sign and hitting some one be treated any different then if that person had had run that stop sign while DWI.

Old 01-19-2008 | 10:02 PM
Kolni
Banned

ORIGINAL: JB

Why should should some one arguing on a cell phone andrunning a stop sign and hitting some one be treated any different then if that person had had run that stop sign while DWI.
Because when you are DWI you are already in violation of the law the minute you start the car.

Not even close to being the same thing.

Seriously, I agree that everyone should take driving alot more seriously. But we have all had close calls have we not?

Be careful when you ask for new laws, cause you just might be the first person they enforce the new law on.

Old 01-19-2008 | 10:02 PM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: JB

Ever heard of MADD? That was the clincher of stopping DUI Drivers killing maiming and getting a slap on the wrist... Why I mentioned push the law "Drive no Damn Cell phone in use"... Have been active in this for 5 years now in FL and so far losing but ain't gave up...

Quick Reply: WHEN ARE MOTORCYCLIST ?????