General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WHEN ARE MOTORCYCLIST ?????

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008 | 03:15 PM
Kolni
Banned
Default RE: WHEN ARE MOTORCYCLIST ?????

ORIGINAL: antrome
Kolni- sorry that you feel that way about MADD. If they can prevent somone else from having to endure what my family has been through then they are certainly friends of mine !
I supported MADD 100% at first. Cause at that time they were going after REAL drunk drivers.

Now they want to make it illegal to have even 1 drink and then to drive, and there long term goal is against alcohol period!

They started out good, but became extreme, and THAT is why the founder left them and now speaks out against them. And she did NOT leave on her own free will, she was voted out!

Old 01-23-2008 | 03:18 PM
HarleyForeverFLHX
|
Banned

ORIGINAL: Kolni

ORIGINAL: HarleyForeverFLHX
So your saying the speeds in cities should be slower ? How about 25mph ? I would be willing to bet thousands of lives would be saved.
Yeah, and if we made all cars and motorcycles illegal even MORE lives would be saved!

Then we can out law guns...and kinives...and peanutbutter! (lots of people have peanut allergies)

If it saves just ONE child!

do you talk just to here your head rattle ? Your going round and round saying the same things over and over. Just wondering.

Old 01-23-2008 | 03:22 PM
JamieCarr
Banned

wow,........theres way to many words to read in this thread,.....we need more pictures.

I don't think there's anything i care enough about to write all them words.

Anyways,.......SAFETY SUCKs!

Old 01-23-2008 | 03:34 PM
HarleyForeverFLHX
|
Banned

Safety always sucks, right up until you take all your skin off in a spill. Or eat the side of a car. I don't know of to many people who like to put on a lot of safety equipment, but if it saves me money and hospital time. Im all for it.

Old 01-23-2008 | 03:50 PM
antrome
Cruiser

[blockquote]quote:

Kolni- sorry that you feel that way about MADD. If they can prevent somone else from having to endure what my family has been through then they are certainly friends of mine !
[/blockquote]

I supported MADD 100% at first. Cause at that time they were going after REAL drunk drivers.

Now they want to make it illegal to have even 1 drink and then to drive, and there long term goal is against alcohol period!

They started out good, but became extreme, and THAT is why the founder left them and now speaks out against them. And she did NOT leave on her own free will, she was voted out!

Sorry for going off topic, but atany MADD function I have ever been to. They have stressed the point that they are not anti-alcohol. Just anti-drunk driving

Old 01-23-2008 | 03:57 PM
HarleyForeverFLHX
|
Banned

[blockquote]quote:

[/blockquote]

Sorry for going off topic, but atany MADD function I have ever been to. They have stressed the point that they are not anti-alcohol. Just anti-drunk driving

Wow..It just hit me maybe we could get MADD interested in MACPD. (Mothers against cell phone driving ). Couldn't hurt. Here's the thing. I can't remember the last time i read anywhere where a biker took out some kids in a cage because He ws drunk driving. However, I did go look at a situation where a poor guy was at a bar here and got on his bike and started showing off. He lost control and felw across the road and hit a tree and it was all over for Him. Broke His neck. thats sad.

Old 01-23-2008 | 03:59 PM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: 99_percenter

ORIGINAL: 99octane

I fear this thread has long survived its usefulness.

in most forums .. handguns / cars / fishing etc .... by the end of the second page... its just folks picking at each other, seldom on topic
any longer. but then again ... its wintertime in a harley forum... <snork>

99%r
True,

For awhile this thread was interesting, but after hearing the same 'points of view' over and over nothing is being accomplished...

Now it's just going around in a big circle. Might as well just 'cut and paste' the first few pages and attach them to the latest post.....

Oh well.... Like you say, it's 'winter time'...

Old 01-23-2008 | 04:03 PM
HarleyForeverFLHX
|
Banned

Some folks have ADD and it takes them a little longet to catch on. Give em a break hu .

Old 01-23-2008 | 04:29 PM
Kolni
Banned

do you talk just to here your head rattle ? Your going round and round saying the same things over and over. Just wondering.
Have you answered my question yet on who is gonna pay for all these new jails?

Or do I need to repeat myself again till I get an answer?

Old 01-23-2008 | 04:31 PM
Kolni
Banned

I can't remember the last time i read anywhere where a biker took out some kids in a cage because He ws drunk driving.
Maybe that's because a bike weight on average 700lbs while a car weighs over 3500lbs. Simple physics actually.

However, I did go look at a situation where a poor guy was at a bar here and got on his bike and started showing off. He lost control and felw across the road and hit a tree and it was all over for Him. Broke His neck. thats sad.
Maybe we should outlaw trees then huh?

Quick Reply: WHEN ARE MOTORCYCLIST ?????