General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WHEN ARE MOTORCYCLIST ?????

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008 | 11:55 AM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Default RE: WHEN ARE MOTORCYCLIST ?????

ORIGINAL: celticgent

ORIGINAL: HarleyForeverFLHX

Do you have any idea how many accidents are in America a year? Now go see how many motorcycle accident ? Good GOD ! If people knew when they got in there car "IF THE ACCIDENT WAS NEGLITENT " that they would do jail time, you can bet the accident rate would disappear. Your DAM RIGHT I think she should go to jail.
if your theory was correct, we wouldn't have anybody in jail for murder...

people know that if they murder someone they could go to jail and/or be put to death...

murder rates are still on the rise, though, aren't they?

How dare you try to flaw this endless bickering with a logical statement such as that....

You are banned from any further posting....

Just kiddin'

Old 01-23-2008 | 12:28 PM
99octane
Road Warrior

I fear this thread has long survived its usefulness.

Old 01-23-2008 | 01:50 PM
HarleyForeverFLHX
|
Banned

The local and state governments don't want to get involved with accidents as far as blame and sentencing. The attorneys will be dragged in and it all turns into a mess like everything else. The point of the lady getting off was this. Unless you can prove the lady intended to run that Harley over, then no law was broken other than running a red light. It's way to hard to prove she wasn't paying attention and ran it. she could say she fainted or the sun blinded her. the list can go on and on for ever. We've got a real problem in America today with traffic. But take a look at other countries. Take Japan. Have you seen the traffic in Japan ?
Best thing to do is for someone to put the stupid bitch in the grave. The lady kills two people and walks. Now if you want to talk about changing laws, well that's another story. How about if you were "Negligent " and cause an accident where people are hurt or killed , your brought before court and tried. Well we might make that work. The bottom line is , something has to change in our system or people will keep getting away with accidents like this over and over.
Im open to suggestions.

Old 01-23-2008 | 01:59 PM
DeJavu
Outstanding HDF Member

What happened to involuntarymanslaughter? Seems there are penalties for that.
Guess the best you can do is telecommute, Home school and have UPS do the driving for all your needs.
I have driven in Japan and the top speed in cities is about 10 mph in average traffic, if you're lucky.

Old 01-23-2008 | 02:02 PM
HarleyForeverFLHX
|
Banned

ORIGINAL: DeJavu

What happened to involuntarymanslaughter? Seems there are penalties for that.
Guess the best you can do is telecommute, Home school and have UPS do the driving for all your needs.
I have driven in Japan and the top speed in cities is about 10 mph in average traffic, if you're lucky.
So your saying the speeds in cities should be slower ? How about 25mph ? I would be willing to bet thousands of lives would be saved.

Old 01-23-2008 | 02:06 PM
antrome
Cruiser

Fighting over a cell phone! Sounds like negligance resulting in great bodily inury to me.
The drunk driver who killed my son got an extra 10 years for negligance resulting in great bodily harm due to some broken bones that my sons girlfriend recieved.

Kolni- sorry that you feel that way about MADD. If they can prevent somone else from having to endure what my family has been through then they are certainly friends of mine !

Old 01-23-2008 | 02:27 PM
99_percenter
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: 99octane

I fear this thread has long survived its usefulness.

in most forums .. handguns / cars / fishing etc .... by the end of the second page... its just folks picking at each other, seldom on topic
any longer. but then again ... its wintertime in a harley forum... <snork>

99%r

Old 01-23-2008 | 03:02 PM
Kolni
Banned

ORIGINAL: sniper77

It has nothing to do with wanting to hear the keys rattle on the computer, it has to do with people trying to assign blame for their and other's behavior on an inanimate object such as a cell phone.
I agree. We have radios, phones, CB's even DVD players in cars now.

Plenty of people do and can operate those and a car at the same time without ever causing an accident.

Even cops in my area drive and talk on the phone at the same time. So it ain't the phone (or the radio,cb,dvd) but rather the driver. And these are the same people that get distracted by any pretty shiney object.

Old 01-23-2008 | 03:10 PM
Kolni
Banned

The point of the lady getting off was this. Unless you can prove the lady intended to run that Harley over, then no law was broken other than running a red light.
Yup, that's is exactly right and the way it should be. She had no intention of hurting anyone, that is why it is called an "accident".

Best thing to do is for someone to put the stupid bitch in the grave.
WOW, now you are suggesting we KILL people for causing an accident? Are you serious?

How about if you were "Negligent " and cause an accident where people are hurt or killed , your brought before court and tried.
Tried for what exactly?

What current laws apply in these cases?

Not laws you WANT to have, but current laws.

Well we might make that work. The bottom line is , something has to change in our system or people will keep getting away with accidents like this over and over.
Im open to suggestions.
People die every year, no one gets out alive.

And we have given you suggestions, you weren't open to any of them.

You keep talking about jail time for accidents, but you never tell me how we are gonna pay for all these new jails (since the population would climb by at least 25%).

And finally, have you ever had an accident yourself?

Old 01-23-2008 | 03:12 PM
Kolni
Banned

So your saying the speeds in cities should be slower ? How about 25mph ? I would be willing to bet thousands of lives would be saved.
Yeah, and if we made all cars and motorcycles illegal even MORE lives would be saved!

Then we can out law guns...and kinives...and peanutbutter! (lots of people have peanut allergies)

If it saves just ONE child!

Quick Reply: WHEN ARE MOTORCYCLIST ?????