General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WHEN ARE MOTORCYCLIST ?????

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008 | 09:54 PM
sldavis
Road Captain
Default RE: WHEN ARE MOTORCYCLIST ?????

But at this point in time, in most places, one is illegal and the other isn't.

Old 01-21-2008 | 09:54 PM
Kolni
Banned

ORIGINAL: CSI Topeka

ORIGINAL: Kolni
One is premeditaded, the other is not.
BS.......BOTH are pre-meditated.

If cell usage while driving was NOT pre-mediated, the user would either

A: Not dial the phone
OR
B: Not answer it when it rings.

They INTEND to talk on the damn thing.
I ment the minute they start the car. You have a point, but they are still not the same thing.

Old 01-21-2008 | 10:05 PM
HarleyForeverFLHX
|
Banned

Insurance companies have done studies on multitasking for a while now. If you want me to post study after study just to prove my statement im sure I can bog this forum down with details and paste. The point is, a human can't put his undivided attention on driving while setting the radio or talking on the phone. Your attention is redirected to the conversation rather than full attention on the road. Has this not been proven before ? There's other factors involved also. The point is people shouldn't drive and talk on the phone PERIOD !

We've got a serious problem in America and it's like a run away train. The government don't know what to do with it. It has to many other problems to deal with. So our streets get's more and more dangerous every day. FIRST AND FOR MOST WE NEED MORE DESIGNATED TRAFFIC COPS. SECOND ENFORCEMENT OF THE LAWS WE ALREADY HAVE. NO CELL PHONES WHILE DRIVING PERIOD.

Old 01-21-2008 | 10:09 PM
sldavis
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: sldavis

I assume you do have a human brain don't you? You should really read the Johns Hopkins study. It was done with MRI imaging of what goes on in the brain under these conditions. So if one was to assume all human brains are basically the same, you are as affected as anyone else. I can't tell you how many DUI's I arrested in the past, and all claim to have been driving perfectly.....and they really thought they were. You should have seen their faces when the videos of how they were actually driving were shown to them in court. You may be a great driver, but if you think you are not affected the same as anyone else you are decieving yourself. Of course, you are right about one thing......there are alot of people who just can't drive period!!!
These findings, from the study done by the University of Toronto, would tend to back up the research done by Johns Hopkins, that talking on the cell phone significantly changes brain activity that impairs driving even after the phone is hung up....
-- The risk of an accident was nearly five times higher than normal when a person was on the telephone one minute or five minutes before the accident. The typical call in the study lasted nearly 2 1/2 minutes.
-- The collision rate was four times higher than expected when the call was made less than 15 minutes before the accident.
-- Only after the driver had been off the phone for more than 15 minutes did the risk seem to dissipate.
-- Younger and older drivers with a cell phone faced essentially the same risk.
-- "Subjects with many years of experience in using a cellular telephone still had a significant increase in risk," but the highest risk was among people who had not graduated from high school.

Old 01-21-2008 | 10:10 PM
HarleyForeverFLHX
|
Banned

WELL THERE YOU GO, CAN'T ARGUE WITH THAT. THANK yOU.

Old 01-21-2008 | 10:11 PM
Kolni
Banned

ORIGINAL: HarleyForeverFLHX

The point is, a human can't put his undivided attention on driving while setting the radio or talking on the phone.
SO I take it that you have never, ever done either ytourself?

Since you are so worried about safety I assume you removed your radio in your cage right?

Old 01-21-2008 | 10:12 PM
Kolni
Banned

FIRST AND FOR MOST WE NEED MORE DESIGNATED TRAFFIC COPS.
Who is gona pay for that?

Old 01-21-2008 | 10:34 PM
HarleyForeverFLHX
|
Banned

ORIGINAL: Kolni

The point is, a human can't put his undivided attention on driving while setting the radio or talking on the phone.
SO I take it that you have never, ever done either ytourself?

Since you are so worried about safety I assume you removed your radio in your cage right?

I refuse to answer my cell phone while in motion. It im on the interstate abd the soast is clear. i will talk/ but in city traffic, no way. Never have, never will. To be honest, I woulld love to throw it away. Cost me $145 a month .

Old 01-21-2008 | 10:37 PM
pop1
Road Warrior

I will pray for your friend

Old 01-21-2008 | 10:37 PM
Kolni
Banned

GREAT!

Now what about your radio?

Quick Reply: WHEN ARE MOTORCYCLIST ?????