General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WHEN ARE MOTORCYCLIST ?????

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008 | 07:23 PM
Kolni
Banned
Default RE: WHEN ARE MOTORCYCLIST ?????

ORIGINAL: 99octane
You **** up and ruin a man's life: YOU PAY.
It's that simple.
I have always agreed with that.

Just that jail is not the answer.

Sue her in civil court, or her parents..or whomever. Attach her wages for the future..that is fine.

Just no jail time.

And my life DID get ****ed over by an accident, but I learned early on that bitching about the system was not gonna help me.

Sometimes life just ins't fair.

Old 01-21-2008 | 07:24 PM
HarleyForeverFLHX
|
Banned

No one is saying to be afraid to ride, or that riding safely is being paranoid. I find it fascinating that some do think it's paranoia, when the facts are staring you in the face. But the bottom line is this. If you choose not to wear a helmet then you will deal with the consequences. Same goes with the leathers or gloves. You pay with your body and life. Some call that flat out idiocy. I love my body more than wanting to look cool or fit in.

As for stronger laws for motorcycles, sure. Something that will make drivers take notice. Obviously taking a life is not enough so lets reach into the all mighty pocket book. You can bet everyone will take notice then. I personally think we need more designated traffic police. That alone would help a million fold.

If we don't do anything. Then we can expect nothing. A girl fights with another girl over a phone. She negligently ran a stop sign. She got a ticket. She drove away. Insurance will find it at her fault. They will pay off whatever her insurance covers. Her insurance premium will stay the same if she don't have priors. Unless she has property other than her house. The man can't get anything from her. He could go for damages and have Her garnished . Buy you can't get but 10% of there income. What good is that ? So the lady drove off pissed about her car .

SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT THE CONSEQUENCES OF HER ACTIONS WAS ? WHAT DETERRENT DOES SHE HAVE TO STOP HER FROM DOING THE SAME THING AGAIN ?

Old 01-21-2008 | 07:26 PM
Kolni
Banned

ORIGINAL: sldavis

It's not up to me to do anything.
Then your points are moot.

Old 01-21-2008 | 07:35 PM
Kolni
Banned

ORIGINAL: HarleyForeverFLHX

No one is saying to be afraid to ride, or that riding safely is being paranoid. I find it fascinating that some do think it's paranoia, when the facts are staring you in the face.
Because everyone already KNOWS that bikes are dangerous!

My mother told me when I started riding BMX bikes, and then moped, and then Honda's, and now Harleys.

And I don't NEED another mother cause I am married now and my WIFE took her role.

So unless you plan on taking care of my sexual needs you can stop the preaching!

And less than 6 months ago I crashed at 35 mph due to deisel in the road.

You know what?

I LEARNED more from that crash that I did in the prvious 2000 miles of safe riding.

Who wants to live forever anyways??

Old 01-21-2008 | 07:45 PM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member

<quote>

"SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT THE CONSEQUENCES OF HER ACTIONS WAS ? WHAT DETERRENT DOES SHE HAVE TO STOP HER FROM DOING THE SAME THING AGAIN ?"

<end quote>

We are just a group of folks on an internet forum, not politicians that can propose new laws, or members of the judicial system that can enforce and set punishment for existing laws.

Maybe it would be more beneficial for you to talkwith your local politicians, contact members of your local judicial system, or see if you can get local news coverage in which you can state your opinions, and offer solutions.

We all have opinions, which might or might not agree with yours, but they are just opinions, and all of our "could, would, or should" are nothing but typed words on a screen.

Nothing is going to change by us bickering back and forth on the internet, change requires getting involved in your community, and contacting individuals that have the power to make a difference.

Once again, just my opinion.

Old 01-21-2008 | 07:45 PM
HarleyForeverFLHX
|
Banned

ORIGINAL: Kolni

No one is saying to be afraid to ride, or that riding safely is being paranoid. I find it fascinating that some do think it's paranoia, when the facts are staring you in the face.
Because everyone already KNOWS that bikes are dangerous!

My mother told me when I started riding BMX bikes, and then moped, and then Honda's, and now Harleys.

And I don't NEED another mother cause I am married now and my WIFE took her role.

So unless you plan on taking care of my sexual needs you can stop the preaching!

And less than 6 months ago I crashed at 35 mph due to deisel in the road.

You know what?

I LEARNED more from that crash that I did in the prvious 2000 miles of safe riding.

Who wants to live forever anyways??
Bet you didn't learn this. ABS breaks might of saved your fall. Another safety issue.

Old 01-21-2008 | 07:47 PM
HarleyForeverFLHX
|
Banned

ORIGINAL: OldFenderGuy

<quote>

"SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT THE CONSEQUENCES OF HER ACTIONS WAS ? WHAT DETERRENT DOES SHE HAVE TO STOP HER FROM DOING THE SAME THING AGAIN ?"

<end quote>

We are just a group of folks on an internet forum, not politicians that can propose new laws, or members of the judicial system that can enforce and set punishment for existing laws.

Maybe it would be more beneficial for you to talkwith your local politicians, contact members of your local judicial system, or see if you can get local news coverage in which you can state your opinions, and offer solutions.

We all have opinions, which might or might not agree with yours, but they are just opinions, and all of our "could, would, or should" are nothing but typed words on a screen.

Nothing is going to change by us bickering back and forth on the internet, change requires getting involved in your community, and contacting individuals that have the power to make a difference.

Once again, just my opinion.

MADD Started with one woman. Most anything you can think of starts with just one person.

Old 01-21-2008 | 07:53 PM
sleepman54
Outstanding HDF Member

Out of curiosity where in Florida and when did your friends accident occur?

Old 01-21-2008 | 07:57 PM
Kolni
Banned

Bet you didn't learn this. ABS breaks might of saved your fall. Another safety issue.
Thanks MOM!

It would also helped if there was no deisel fuel on the road!

It also would have helped if I didn't apply to much rear brake.

Or if I rode a cage instead.

Or if I had training wheels.

And if money came from trees I would be a rich man.

But I didn't HAVE ABS.

You wanta buy my a new 2008 so I can have ABS?

Old 01-21-2008 | 07:59 PM
Kolni
Banned

MADD Started with one woman. Most anything you can think of starts with just one person.
Yes, her name was Candy Lightner, she came from my city and church.

She no longer supports MADD because they went from trying to stop DUI driving to wanting to stop ALL drinking.

MADD is now just another huge anti-freedom organization that thinks it knows how to run your life better than you do.

Go ahead, let someone else run YOUR life, but leave mine alone please.

Quick Reply: WHEN ARE MOTORCYCLIST ?????