General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FXRG Nylon Jacket and Pants

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 09:09 AM
Sarg
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FXRG Nylon Jacket and Pants

I have the Leather version and it is the best Jacket period, I have ever had, rode with it the other day at 38 degrees and just a shirt on underneath and was toasty. When I get some more mulah I going to spring for the pants. You will not be disappointed and if you buy something else you will always wonder if that one was better because you already have the thought in you mind. Just Go For It!

Old 01-20-2008, 10:13 AM
blackbob
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't speak for the jacket but the pants are good, I wear em with jeans in the 30s. They are waterproof, armored and do a fair job of keeping you warm. I still get a little chilly after an hour or so on the bike, but I don't have a fairing or anything to hide behind either. I wear 34x32 jeans and bought 36x32 pants.

Old 01-20-2008, 10:17 AM
iceman336
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I've had the jacket for a couple of years now. Insulation value is great for cold riding, and I just pull the liner and open up the vents for summer. Harley's 5 year warranty on the jhacket is fantastic. First jacket I had, the zipper blew out after 8 months. Took it back to the dealer and got a new one - no questions asked and no screwing me around.

Old 01-20-2008, 12:05 PM
Rhubarb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the leather and it's been good to me in any weather and colder than most would ever think of using it in. The armor is a bit second-rate, but that can be fixed with quick and cheap trip to any sport bike store.

I also vote for the FirstGear HT2.0 overpants.
These are great and allow me to ride to work without worrying about road dirt, bugs or safety.
Totally waterproof and the zippers line up on the fxrg jacket. I don't use the zipper daily, but it's nice for keeping the jacket over the pants when it's raining. [&:]

Old 01-20-2008, 12:49 PM
bgismo20
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Coat & the Pants, they have replaced my rain gear & have worth both as high as 88 & as low as 18 the suite works great, In a torrential rain storm for over 60 miles my clothes were dry except the butt of my pants was damp, but not wet, I have the FXRG gloves too & they worked GREAT the FXRG stuff is 1st rate in my opinion, the look good, work great & are very versatile. The pants open up from ankle to thigh & are SUPER ventilated, They have removable armor, & have a functional fly. On very warm days I wear them instead of Jeans, & if it rains im covered to. Though pricey at $255, totally worth it. The suit zips together & makes it like a once piece which is great in the rain, no back pockets, but the side pockets are HUGE. I say get them they work as good as the aerostitch stuff (though I wish the FXRG jacket had armpit Vents) any other questions PM me

Old 01-20-2008, 04:54 PM
TampaJim
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is at least a dozen manufacturers of Cordura/Gore-tex gear and most of their offerings are a lot less expensive than the Harley stuff. Two of my favorites are Tour master and First Gear. My favorite summer mesh gear is from Olympia.

I have found the textile gear to be a lot more versatile(and water proof) than leather.

Old 01-20-2008, 08:50 PM
kingfisch
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

+1

Old 01-20-2008, 09:33 PM
cosmicHD
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the FXRG nylon pants. They work great.

I wear a pair of jeans and long johns underneath them and have driven down into the 20s and my legs have been warm.

I have no complaints.

One thing, make sure you get them a waist size larger than you normally wear so you can fit them over your jeans.

Old 01-21-2008, 12:47 PM
MCSarge
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 448 Likes on 309 Posts

ORIGINAL: TampaJim

There is at least a dozen manufacturers of Cordura/Gore-tex gear and most of their offerings are a lot less expensive than the Harley stuff. Two of my favorites are Tour master and First Gear. My favorite summer mesh gear is from Olympia.

I have found the textile gear to be a lot more versatile(and water proof) than leather.
I have a black Tourmaster jacket with a liner for cold wheather. The jacket itself is so warm I have only used the liner the one time and now it hangs in my closet. I belive I only paid about 160.00 for it at a (wait for it....gasp...) Honda shop in town. I drove the truck there to pick it up so as not to embarass the hardcore riders that shop there.