General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Update in the Billy Lane Case for those interested.

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 03:06 PM
l.ray
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Update in the Billy Lane Case for those interested.

[sm=deadhorse.gif]

Old 05-10-2008, 03:14 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

ORIGINAL: Jdubb2008

Yea your right, what if it was your dad that hit someone and killed them... Guess we should hang him too since a crime is a crime huh, yea it's all black and white isnt it..

Yes, it is all black and white. If you do the crime, man-up and do the time. You surely aren't stupid enough to assume that someone poured the alcohol down his throat and then shoved him into the car. It doesn't make a damn bit of difference to me if it was my Dad, my brother, my best friend, or you. If you knowingly make the decision to drive drunk, then you deserve whatever punishment that you get. And if you kill someone while committing that other crime, you deserve to fry.

Old 05-10-2008, 04:20 PM
ScooterJammer
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll bet BL does 3 to 5 in the Joint where he'll be a Rock Star with inmate population, especially with AB "The Brand", then he'll get out and build the "Prison Bike", which will be featured in every HD/Custom rag, again, he'llbe theRock Star posterboy with the 'lifestyle' folks.Christ, he has a girlfriend who was willing to take the rap by saying she was driving the truck and giving him a ******* at the same time. Talented girl The money alone from his Choppers, Inc custom parts brings in $500K a year (don't ask me how I know), so money won't be a problem. The Civil suit has been settled, apparently the Gerald Morelock family found an agreeable dollar amount to ease their terrible pain and suffering. More bullshit! I just hope BL learns a lesson from this very sad situation and tries to live his life the best he can.

Old 05-10-2008, 04:36 PM
JeepMaker
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

It's pretty sad, was he drunk? Yes, did he kill someone with his vehicle? Yes. Yet due to our system, he still gets to go to court and have his high priced shyster try to get him off.

Here in Toledo we have a case coming up. A 24 year old drove at nearly 3-4 times the legal limit. He got onto I-280 going in the wrong direction! He hit a van carrying a man, his wife and their 5 children.
He killed the wife and 4 out of the 5 children including their infant. He suffered a cut on his chin.

He was driving a heavy duty Ford pickup that shredded their minivan. Their is absolutely no doubt as to the facts, yet he pleads innocent and we have to spend the money to try him.

Pathetic.

Old 05-10-2008, 06:00 PM
flyingace
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Note the the FIRST thing Billy did, was refuse to submit to a breath test. But because of injury/death in the accident (not sure which the law states) they had the legal right to FORCIBLY draw his blood.

And now the shyster... sorry... lawyer, tries to get that thrown out on the "travel" argument.

Nice try Billy.

But yea, we (taxpayers) get to foot the bill for this little game.

Old 05-10-2008, 06:06 PM
flyingace
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Yea your right, what if it was your dad that hit someone and killed them... Guess we should hang him too since a crime is a crime huh, yea it's all black and white isnt it..
Um, yea!

What the hell difference would it make if it was someone's father? So what, if its your relative or your buddy, its not the same crime?

WTF dude?

Old 05-10-2008, 07:32 PM
satansoft
Cruiser

I'll make my decision when I see all the evidence. Ive not seen his BA report, or the stretch of road the biker was killed on. Was he really drunk? Did he really start to pass on a broken line? Maybe he just didnt see the biker. Poor ex cuse, but it happens. I 've been 'not seen' before, many times. Always escaped accident or injury, but scary nonetheless.

Im sure he was drinking, but im not a judge or a jury.

Either way, its a case that could have been prevented. And while I feel terrible for the loss his family suffered, im sickened by their greed. Seems they have little interest in anything but $$$$.

Old 05-10-2008, 07:53 PM
TideRKC
Tourer

I understand that he is doing everything he can to be found not guilty and I don't blame him. He has the right to do so and in the long run it is a good thing for the justice system. Why? It keeps the police and prosecution honest and ensures that they follow the rule of law. Our system was established on the basis of "It is better to allow 10 guilty men to walk free than to imprison one innocent man."

That being said the theory of "Innocent until proven guilty" applies to the judicial system and not public opinion.

Old 05-10-2008, 08:08 PM
zukeeper
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: DannyZ71

Yes, it is all black and white. If you do the crime, man-up and do the time. You surely aren't stupid enough to assume that someone poured the alcohol down his throat and then shoved him into the car. It doesn't make a damn bit of difference to me if it was my Dad, my brother, my best friend, or you. If you knowingly make the decision to drive drunk, then you deserve whatever punishment that you get. And if you kill someone while committing that other crime, you deserve to fry.
there is no black and white to it at all . Sorry man , but the drunk on the lil scooter is also at fault.
Ya'll gonna be pissed when the whole truth comes around and Billy walks a free man .

Old 05-10-2008, 08:34 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

ORIGINAL: zukeeper

ORIGINAL: DannyZ71

there is no black and white to it at all . Sorry man , but the drunk on the lil scooter is also at fault.
Ya'll gonna be pissed when the whole truth comes around and Billy walks a free man .

We'll just have to wait and see how the trial comes out. If found guilty of what he's accused of, then he should go to prison. Notice that I said "if found guilty". So yeah, it's still pretty black and white to me.

Quick Reply: Update in the Billy Lane Case for those interested.