General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Update in the Billy Lane Case for those interested.

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 05:56 PM
1yrb4hd
Banned Camp
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Update in the Billy Lane Case for those interested.

I'm not gonna sit here and defend the guy, I just thank god it never happened to me when I was partying my *** off back in the day.

It could have happened to nearly any one of us.......

Old 01-20-2008, 03:38 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: 1yrb4hd

I'm not gonna sit here and defend the guy, I just thank god it never happened to me when I was partying my *** off back in the day.

It could have happened to nearly any one of us.......
I certainly agree with you there... back in my drinking days... I would wake up the next afternoon, and check to see if my bar (or motorcycle) made it home with me... Once, I was so concerned for the safety of my bike, that I made sure to lay it on it's side... on my front porch... I was a very lucky young man... I am now sober, for 20 months (on the 23rd), but when I drank, after getting married, my wife was the driver... some of us learn from our past mistakes... and some don't...

BTW, in today's media run society... you are Guilty, until proven inocent...

Old 01-20-2008, 04:49 AM
ImYourHuckleberry
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, I'm glad some of you don't work for the legal system. So you hate the guy's guts. Who ****ing cares? Let the system do it's job. He will get what the court system deems necessary, whether you like him as a person or not.

Old 01-20-2008, 06:07 AM
BadBoyFLSTC
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: ImYrHklbry

Wow, I'm glad some of you don't work for the legal system. So you hate the guy's guts. Who ****ing cares? Let the system do it's job. He will get what the court system deems necessary, whether you like him as a person or not.
Some people care because "back in the day" when some dirtbag was going through their "drinking days" their wife was hit by one of them and they did 0 days in jail in turn for someone's wife having a lifetime of hip pain, most of her teeth knocked out, and no feeling in her lower jaw forever.

Old 01-20-2008, 06:39 AM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Lane's attorney is looking to makehis blood work questionable and then argue that even though his client was driving illegally and passing traffic, there would have been no accident if Morelock hadn't been drunk.

Old 01-20-2008, 06:44 AM
kwas
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: zukeeper

ORIGINAL: brian falcone

....what if he hit your family?
he wouldn't have to worry about going to court
[sm=exactly.gif] Wouldn't have to even think about it..........

Old 01-20-2008, 10:44 AM
johnnyhumble
Tourer
Received 109 Likes on 24 Posts

Well, well, well, aren't we playing devil's advocate today. Does anyone here know that it has been brought out when Lane started his pass, the road was a single broken striped area? Or how about the fact that it has been brought out that Morelock didn't have a headlight on? I am not defending anyone, but please, know your stuff before hanging someone at the gallows. Billy Lane screwed up, no one can change that fact. All this talk of "justice" is really just a cover for kicking a man when he is down. LEt's see what happens at the trial. I promise, Billy hasn't forgotten about it and he probably never will.

Old 01-20-2008, 11:00 AM
Wally
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The plot thickens.
Man, I'm glad some of you guy's are the ones looking after the justice system in the US.

Old 05-10-2008, 11:57 AM
Jdubb2008
Stage III

You know everyone really respected billy and thought his work was great and appreciated what he brought to the real biker community, but now that he messed up, all the people he stood up for, The real bikers that arent lawyers with 50k custom HD pieces of crap are bashing him. I think thats wrong. That could have been me or any of my buddies a 1000 times over. I mean why does everyone feel the need to kick him in the teeth when he's down, thats B.S. It would be like having a good friend and him getting in trouble then telling him what a piece of s__t he was. I still am here for billy, i dont ditch my friends just cause they do or did something wrong. I am just not one of the two faced people that would have been glad to be his friend one day and then bash him the next. C'mon guys he is still one of us. Or maybe yall dont see it that way.. I remember in the early 90's when billy was just getting out there, i was with him then and not turning my back on him now. I dont condone what he did by any means but i am not throwing him under the bus or jumping ship now that things are cloudly. He helped me out with a good screwing i got from Choppers unlimited, so i am not going to forget him now. It seems like both of them were at fault to some point, lets not forget that, And now yall are hoping that billy is gonna get bf'd in prison thats a really screwed up perspective, I have been in trouble before and i am glad my friends didnt turn their back on me and i dont wish prison on anyone. I just hope that all of you that are bashing billy dont wind up getting in trouble. Cause what comes around goes around, watch what you wish on others.

Old 05-10-2008, 12:26 PM
fonemann
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Jdubb2008

You know everyone really respected billy and thought his work was great and appreciated what he brought to the real biker community, but now that he messed up, all the people he stood up for, The real bikers that arent lawyers with 50k custom HD pieces of crap are bashing him. I think thats wrong. That could have been me or any of my buddies a 1000 times over. I mean why does everyone feel the need to kick him in the teeth when he's down, thats B.S. It would be like having a good friend and him getting in trouble then telling him what a piece of s__t he was. I still am here for billy, i dont ditch my friends just cause they do or did something wrong. I am just not one of the two faced people that would have been glad to be his friend one day and then bash him the next. C'mon guys he is still one of us. Or maybe yall dont see it that way.. I remember in the early 90's when billy was just getting out there, i was with him then and not turning my back on him now. I dont condone what he did by any means but i am not throwing him under the bus or jumping ship now that things are cloudly. He helped me out with a good screwing i got from Choppers unlimited, so i am not going to forget him now. It seems like both of them were at fault to some point, lets not forget that, And now yall are hoping that billy is gonna get bf'd in prison thats a really screwed up perspective, I have been in trouble before and i am glad my friends didnt turn their back on me and i dont wish prison on anyone. I just hope that all of you that are bashing billy dont wind up getting in trouble. Cause what comes around goes around, watch what you wish on others.

A crime is a crime PERIOD dude.............What if it was your father ??

Quick Reply: Update in the Billy Lane Case for those interested.