General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Doc's Harley Davidson

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 08:14 AM
Professor
Road Captain
Received 190 Likes on 53 Posts
Default RE: Doc's Harley Davidson

I have had a lot of experience at Doc's--20 years. I have bought several bikes from them. They are the number one new bike sales experience in the country--as voted by customers. This is a class dealership hell-bent on customer satisfaction. They do what it takes to make you happy. Jim Wagner is one of their salesman and a great, honest guy to deal with. He is a life-long enthusiast and knows as much as the service guys. He personally owns and races 9 sportsters. This dealership should be the model for all of HD dealers. And no, I am not an employee, just a very satisfied customer.

Old 01-19-2008, 09:25 AM
MojoTP
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks to all for the responses. I've been dealing with Gary (their online sales guy). He's been great to work with, and very quick to return calls or emails.
Allied Van Lines is doing the shipping. Can't wait to get the bike here, and the snow to leave.

Old 01-19-2008, 11:55 AM
Jim Dawson
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I like Doc's, but check out Ted's in Alton, better bike prices and equal service and staff.

Old 01-19-2008, 05:18 PM
scoteh
Club Member
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

I bought a Sporty from Doc's in December '05. The staff and everyone ws great. I've had service done there and really liked everyone I dealt with in the service and parts departments. My only complaint would be that the salesman didn't even recognize me a week after the sale. Maybe if I had spent more money....

Old 01-19-2008, 05:52 PM
SgtThump
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts

ORIGINAL: dz672

Doc's is great to deal with. I bought my bike elsewhere, but have gone there for service work. They fixed something for me at N/C two months out of warranty. I was in there one time just looking around, and was approached by a salesman. When I told him that Iwas not looking for a bike, but my friend was (who was not there), he still treated me as if I was the only customer in the place.
That being said, they also have a service guy named Marshal Tucker. I'm not kidding, that is his God given name. He's a cool guy to work with.
You know what's funny? They also have a guy working there named John Sykes. Most people may not know who that is, but a different John Sykes is a smoking guitar player/singer that's played with Thin Lizzy, Whitesnake, Blue Murder, etc... I laugh to myself everytime I hear "call for John Sykes on line XX" over the intercom.

Old 01-19-2008, 07:54 PM
trgtshtr
Cruiser

Bought my scoot elsewhere in St. Louis, but do all of my purchases there.... including helmets and a lot of leather.... I know I could get it cheaper elsewhere especially online, but they sure act like family and treat us well. Don't know about the service as I use and Indy or do it myself.... but know others who have bought bikes there and had service and spoke very highly....

Old 01-19-2008, 08:13 PM
huffhuff
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Doc's gives HOG discount to any national HOG member.

Old 01-20-2008, 10:30 AM
trgtshtr
Cruiser

I never asked.... they have a $25 punch card...every $25 spent one of 10 punches done.... then used as instore money.

Old 01-20-2008, 10:35 AM
AF07
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've never bought a bike from Doc's but go there for parts and stuff occasionally. They seem like a great dealer and you will find many owners that will give them a good endorsement.My experience isthat you get treated very well at Doc's.

Old 01-28-2012, 07:54 PM
greenstreetbob
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I tried to buy a bike from them this time last year. My credit score is close to 800. HD financing approved me for according to them for 9.9%. I went to the other closest dealership and got 6.9 for the same exact bike with HD credit. I didn't even have to fill out new paperwork. They used my application from Doc's. I went back to Doc's and still tried to buy the bike from them and they wouldn't budge. They don't need my money. Needless to say, I went back to the other dealership and they were more than happy to sell me the bike at the 6.9%. I even went back into Doc's a month ago and talked to a guy that claimed to be the sales manager and he seemed really bothered by it. He swore he would call me back that afternoon. Of course, I never heard back from him. I live about 1.5 miles from them and I would drive 20 miles to another dealership before I go back there.

BTW, Same exact bike, same exact price.

Quick Reply: Doc's Harley Davidson