General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I hate freaking winter!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 03:31 PM
Da Gumpmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: I hate freaking winter!

COMING TO A TOWN NEAR YOU !!!!!
Well, the Siberian Express rolled thruhere (Mn)during the nite, and, by popular demand, is coming to a town near you.
High today was 13, that was midnite. Been dropping likea rock since. Below 0 right now, and down to -20 tonite and hi of -5 tomorrow and Sun.. Plus the wind is ratllin' along at 25+, so wind chill's are in the -35 to -60 range. So batton down the hatches if you live south and east of Mn. The rest of youFAIR weather folks, just ignore this message. (You candy a$$e$)
I don't even like to start my truck when it is this cold, let alone go out and work in this chit. Get this, the kid CANCELLED his snowboard trip to Spirit Mt. this weekend, yep, you guessed it, "Too COLD" to go winter sporting it, pansie a$$ kids now days.
I remember one winter, it was so cold, that the sound from your footsteps froze instantly. Should have beenhere in March when it started to thaw, sounded like an army marching up the road. Now, that's cold.
But I havethe tranny out of the panhead, and both wheels off the shovel to paint, detail, pack brgs,need valve cover gaskets on shovel, and mounting new saddlebags on shovel. So, as long as I have heat in the grudge, let 'er ROLL. But the general consesus here is..............winter sux. And the olderI get, the more it sux. I'll try REALLY hard to remember this, when it is 104* in Sturgis.

Old 01-18-2008, 03:38 PM
framer
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

snow does suk :

Old 01-18-2008, 03:42 PM
Twisted Humor
Road Master

Yeah, I know what you mean. We will be lucky to hit 50 this weekend. I won't even want to get out of bed.

Old 01-18-2008, 03:51 PM
framer
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Twisted Humor

Yeah, I know what you mean. We will be lucky to hit 50 this weekend. I won't even want to get out of bed.

LOL

Old 01-18-2008, 04:00 PM
radridd
Tourer

Yeah winter chugs! Only in the 20s and 30s here. I know that is like a heat wave to some of you guys. I have accomplished many winter projects on my bike. They only make me want to ride the freaking thing that much more. Maybe next year I can take things off and de-bling it. Nah dont think that would work either. One more option, move south and ride 365.

Old 01-18-2008, 04:28 PM
pastaman
Banned

From N.W. Ohio, Too hot to ride!!! Now thats GOT TO SUCK!!! Ohio summers ARE GREAT,considering that!!! Makes me kind of glad I can't ride because of the cold, better than that!!

Old 01-18-2008, 05:22 PM
Jim Dawson
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I HATE winter !!![:@][:@]
I wouldn't move even 5 miles north of where I am for fear it might be 1 degree colder. I really don't see how you guys that live further north than I do stand it. I would much rather it be 100 outside than 30.

If it weren't for a wife, son, and grandkids I wouldn't live here through even the rest of this winter.

Old 01-18-2008, 05:31 PM
Raxus
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Feeling it here in Iowa too. Getting to the point I might have to talk momma in moving south somewhere in a few years. Year round riding sounds great to me, plus getting tired of the white stuff (salt..not snow).

Rax

Old 01-18-2008, 06:00 PM
Tralfaz
Road Master

I guess I must be inbetween a lot of folks. It was around 32 this morning and I decided to ride in to work. I do need to do something about the wind on my chin and fog in my face shield, but other than that 32 is still pretty comfy (with overpants on and wearing my liner inside my jacket).

Old 01-18-2008, 06:17 PM
noname
Club Member
Received 989 Likes on 541 Posts

I used to love winter. Lived on a farm, had a snowmobike, got off school days when it stormed too much. Had stink loads of fun. But, I'm not 12 anymore. Now I have to work in it, I work outside, and drive my gas tanker in it. My bikes sit in the garage, hooked up to battery tenders. I need a ride, or a cool girlfriend, maybe an ice cold one! Noname

Quick Reply: I hate freaking winter!