General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Diagnosed today with prostrate cancer

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008 | 06:05 PM
jbob
Cruiser
Default RE: Diagnosed today with prostrate cancer

Hey Bro,

Got the same diagnosis a couple years ago. Get the prostate removed stay home for 4-6 weeks get back on your ride and enjoy life. It takes about 6-12 months to get Mr. Happy back on track but the wait is worth it in the long run. Nerve sparing surgery does wonders. You are lucky they caught it as it will save your life. No one wants this kind of news but take care of it now and move on. My BEST to you.

JIMBOB

Old 01-18-2008 | 06:28 PM
LouRider
6th Gear

Sparky there is no better way to handleobstacles than with a positive mindset it starts there. Get as many opinions as you want but time is of the essence.I have you in my prayers for a speedy recovery.

Lou

Old 01-18-2008 | 06:38 PM
pip369
Road Captain

Sparky Mo there is a lot of good advice here.Only your doctors and you and your family can decide which is the right path.

My prayers are with you.

When times get toughthis is one of my favorite Bible verses: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me - Philippians 4:13

Old 01-18-2008 | 06:41 PM
amike
Road Captain

One of my co-workers was just diagnosed with it. He goes in Feb. 7 for a complete removal. Good luck and God Bless!

Old 01-18-2008 | 06:47 PM
2005UltraNC
Road Master

Those who have had this -what were the symptoms? i.e. just turned 50

Old 01-18-2008 | 07:42 PM
Kevinc
Tourer

If you have to get cancer, prostrate cancer is a good one.. The recovery rate is really high. With a little luck you'll be back in the saddle in no time. Hang in there.

Old 01-19-2008 | 08:51 AM
sparky_mo
|
Club Member

That's the problem. There usually are no symptoms so make sure you get regular checkups. I had no symptoms at all. Was feeling fine. When I had my checkup my PSA was at 4. Was set up with a biopsy and man there it was. So don't neglect regular physicals. Even though I really dread what I'm about to go through, it is going to save my life.
I am completely overwhelmed at the responses I have gotten from all of you on here. As I sit here a little teared up I just want to thank all of you for taking the time to respond to me. It has been a great help and reassured me that I'm going to be ok. Bless you all.

Old 01-19-2008 | 09:32 AM
HarleyDawg
Cruiser

Sparky, my prayers are with you. I'm 51 and just had a prostrate exam done 2 months ago and everything was normal. I encourage every man over the age of 50 if you have not had it done, do so.

Old 01-19-2008 | 09:40 AM
x2lee
Banned

I have been praying for you also, keep your chin up and try to be positive, your good thoughts also affect your health and well being.
All the best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Old 01-19-2008 | 10:02 AM
zoopman
Road Master

Sparky-- By posting this many guys will be influenced to get a check-up-- me included! This I see as a great thing you have done for others buy sharing your info for others to see. I Thank you! as I am one who does not get regular check-ups as I should. My prayers are out to you and your family. It sounds to me that all will go well for you with the technology of today.

Quick Reply: Diagnosed today with prostrate cancer