General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Diagnosed today with prostrate cancer

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008 | 01:30 PM
Lickety Split
Road Master
Default RE: Diagnosed today with prostrate cancer

I don't know much about prostate cancer, but my wife had Melonoma about 7 years ago, I was torn up she kept a positive attitude and pulled through with no problems since, knock on wood. Hang in their, keep a positivie attitude like everyone says. We're all pullin for you.

Old 01-18-2008 | 02:11 PM
hoosierhog88
Road Warrior

Sparky, you are among friends here, obviously. We are all concerned and are pulling for you.

I work in the medical field... I can tell you that 2nd and 3 opinions are necessary with such situations. Please don't rely totally on one opinion.

Also, this is very treatable with today's technology. As mentioned above, your options are plenty, so read up, and get a good urologist to review your case before proceeding.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you, man! Keep your head up and do like my dad always said to do... Don't borrow trouble!

Old 01-18-2008 | 02:16 PM
HDRider#1
Tourer

My father also has had prostate cancer, he got it 9 yrs ago and is doing fine now, he will be 79 this March. He went with the radiation therapy, and except for a bit of burning feeling ( like a sun burn ) he said it was a breeze. Best wishes sent your way.

Old 01-18-2008 | 02:19 PM
ebeattie
Road Warrior

Sorry to hear that dude. Everything will work out just fine.

Old 01-18-2008 | 02:37 PM
Twisted Humor
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Tripper

I really don't remember but I think it was 4-5 and my urologist asked me if I wanted to wait. I said no but i would get a second opinion if I was you or maybe even a third. It is a life altering decision.
I know nothing about it, but you said 1 out 12 showed a positive with borderline 7 reading. I think I would be rushing for a 2nd & 3rd opinion.

Just don't put it off.

Old 01-18-2008 | 02:40 PM
Jrsess
Ultimate HDF Member

Good luck to you,you can beat it! I,ve got my yearly exam next month. Always think of that! I,m praying for you! Jrsess

Old 01-18-2008 | 04:05 PM
ut_vols_fan
Road Captain

Sorry to hear that news, but faith and good attitude will get you through it. Agree with 2nd & 3rd opinions. It's a big decision to entrust to just one Doc's opinion and some Doc's are more involved with research and current trends and treatments than others. Will say prayer for healing and guidance on your behalf!!

Old 01-18-2008 | 04:19 PM
TxHarleyGuy2007
Road Warrior

May God bless you and your family. I have no doubt that you will fight this disease with the same strength, courage, and bravery with which you have already demonstrated by virtue of yoursharing such a sensitive and personalissue with each of us. Have faith, trust in those charged with your care, ask questions at every turn and become actively involved in your treatment process, and love those nearest and dearest to your heart at every possible opportunity. Faith aside, never underestimate the power of a positive mental mindset. Wishing you a full and expedient recovery.

Old 01-18-2008 | 04:23 PM
RDKingRider
Extreme HDF Member

You know my thoughts, prayers are with you. Sounds like you are getting it seen to now and that is the most important thing. Get it all taken care of now and you will be riding by the time warm weather gets here. Keep us all updated.

Old 01-18-2008 | 04:34 PM
mike camp
Tourer

56 is to young sorry to hear , hpoe someone will post with some help for ya

Quick Reply: Diagnosed today with prostrate cancer