General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone have any experience wity demon cycle

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 07:01 PM
bikerdog134
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone have any experience wity demon cycle

want to order from them and wanted some input thanks

Old 01-15-2008, 07:12 PM
HGM
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: anyone have any experience wity demon cycle

I'll let you know..... I was looking around and for some reason didnt doasearch here before buying.... After placing the order for my new bars, I found a thread in the Softail forum where they got slammed!!! Anyhow, my bars and mirors should be in tomorrow, they are real quick on shiping according to FedEx tracker.. So far I'm inpressed with price and service, but nervous from the stories I read here.. According to their eBay account, they look to be good though... Do a search and I'll fill you in when I closely inspect my stuff..

Old 01-15-2008, 07:19 PM
barhpr
Road Captain

I bought my bars from them, despite some of the bad things floating around about them... I was very happy with them. They had fast shipping & they were good quality. Maybe some others had bad experiences with them, but I didnt

Old 01-17-2008, 09:25 AM
HGM
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: HGM

I'll let you know..... I was looking around and for some reason didnt doasearch here before buying.... After placing the order for my new bars, I found a thread in the Softail forum where they got slammed!!! Anyhow, my bars and mirors should be in tomorrow, they are real quick on shiping according to FedEx tracker.. So far I'm inpressed with price and service, but nervous from the stories I read here.. According to their eBay account, they look to be good though... Do a search and I'll fill you in when I closely inspect my stuff..
Here's my report on another thread of the same topic..
https://www.hdforums.com/m_2723507/m...tm.htm#2731921

Old 01-17-2008, 09:58 AM
NickD
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

You can quickly check sellers for negative feedback on Ebay (without scrolling through a long list of feedback) on this site:

http://www.toolhaus.org/

Just type demonscyclein (or any Ebay user name)and hit the "received by" button.

If you want I did it for you here:

http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?Use...y&ref=home

Old 01-18-2008, 07:25 AM
4merRacer
Road Master

They averageabout 100 negative and neutral a year. Considering the amount of business they do, that's not bad. However, the communication thing always annoys me. I will spend more money to do business with someone that lists a phone number that someone actually answers.

Old 02-07-2008, 05:39 AM
HGM
Road Warrior

OK guys, I've got an update on Demons... I got my bars and mirrors, installed them and love them... I did have a question for them regarding the manufacturer on the parts and any warranty that may be available, if at all. I e-mailed them 3x and got no response. Not a really big deal, but if they cannot answer a simple question from a customer w/o a $100 bill in their hand, they wont get my future business.. No problems with the parts, but the pissed me off.. Make up your own mind, but this is my decision.

Old 02-07-2008, 08:34 AM
grimm
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

check the softail forum. they have quite a few "fans" that have dedicated an entire 13 page thread to Demon's business practices.

Old 02-07-2008, 10:17 AM
imboden
Stellar HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 57 Posts

I've only heard bad things

Old 12-03-2008, 01:42 PM
ezrider327
Intermediate
Default I do

Don't mean to wake the dead - but people need to know.

I bought a set of Big Growl Straight Shooter pipes and a Flange & gasket kit from demonscycle aka Demon's Cycle Inc out of Pompano Beach, FL

They did ship super fast, I had them within 24 hours. That was the only good thing, when taking the pipes out of the box I did notice some minor scratches in the chrome finish but I figured for the price I would deal with them. Putting them on I found that one of the gaskets they sold me was crushed ( but I straightened it out and used it anyways ), I got the pipes installed and started it up to check for leaks and let it run for a couple on minutes and had no leaks.

So I shut it off and let it cool down. I then went to clean and polish the pipes, when I ran a cloth down them it hung on something so I then ran my hand over it and got sliced open by chrome peeling off the brand new pipe? Not just a little piece either, about 4x2 inches of it !!! I contacted Demons about it and got - well they are installed so they are yours and we are not going to help you. What a SORRY WAY to do business. These pipes are brand new out of the box, only run for about THREE MINUTES. I was worried about bluing at this cost, NOT HAVING THE CHROME FINISH FALLING OFF IN BIG PIECES.
The manufacturer give a one year warranty and is glad to swap it out ( I called them ) but it has to go through who I bought them from and demons will not help at all...

So now I have a brand new set of drag pipes with a 4x2 chunk of chrome missing off the top of my pipe, a one year warranty which is now NULL&VOID because of NO SUPPORT from Demon's cycle.

If you care about your bike, which most of us do, AVOID DOING BUSINESS WITH DEMONSCYCLE. Talking with their supplier I have learned they do this to a lot of people and that is why most of the customers they know of are "one time purchases". I put this here to save others from being a one time customer as I have become. Buy you parts from someone else, do NOT waste your money and time as I have.

Last edited by ezrider327; 12-03-2008 at 08:00 PM.

Quick Reply: anyone have any experience wity demon cycle