General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone have any experience wity demon cycle

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 05:33 AM
NewYorkHobo
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

they sell junk got me for $100 just do a seach

Old 12-05-2008, 05:58 AM
mulch63
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PLEASE READ !!

I've noticed over the years of buying online and through Ebay many vendors sell the same stuff. The important thing is HOW they respond to your problem. I've been a Parts manager for 25 years in different fields and when vendors you purchase from tell you to go direct or say they can't help thats just bull !!

All it will usually takes is time on their part to stand in for you with the factory. I've spent many hours over the years explaining situations to the manufacturer about parts that may have been installed, pre-mature failures and such and getting good results. The key here is TIME.

Most of these places if you buy something..... Demons, American Classic, the deal is good but God help ya if you got a problem. They just spend more times wiggling out of help then to just stand up for ya.

jim

Old 12-05-2008, 07:18 AM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

From what I've read here in the past, they're demons. So no, I won't take the chance buying from them. Too many good places out there and I'm willing to pay more for less aggravation. Been through that twice with internet vendors and it's not worth it to me.

Old 12-05-2008, 07:29 AM
JBaker421
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Just remember, their 98.8% positive feedback is a lousy rating.

Until recently, if you gave a seller negative feedback, he'd do the same to get even so most people wouldn't give negative. There are lots more unhappy buyers out there than the feedback shows.

A good seller will be above 99.5% and probably more like 99.8.

My feedback, with more than 600 feedbacks and more than 1,000 transactions, is 99.9 and would be 100 if it weren't for a couple of idiots who wouldn't let me help them.

$.02

Old 12-05-2008, 07:39 AM
Roadjunkie1
Banned

I ordered a set of mirrors that I received damaged from them and had to all but pull teeth
to get the mirrors replaced. You will never get any satisfaction over the phone. The only way I got them to react was to write a negative review. Eventually they offered to remedy the situation if I retracted my review, which I did. Based on that, I would have to say, they have had many more situaitons with bad reviews and the number presented is not accurate!

Buyer beware!!!

Will never do business with them again.

Last edited by Roadjunkie1; 12-05-2008 at 07:42 AM.
Old 12-06-2008, 09:42 PM
ezrider327
Intermediate
Default Sending them back

I guess all things DO happen for a reason. Because of Demonscycle's complete refusal to help replace the defective poorly plated pipes they sold me. I called J&P Cycles store in Ormond beach ( about a 2 hr ride ) to see if they had a set and guess what, they did. And they held them till I got there, what a great bunch of people. I didn't even know they existed here.

Very knowledgeable staff and a great selection of merchandise. The short version, got new pipes with baffles and they sound better. Even got some other stuff while there and spent LESS money on them . I told them what had happened and they couldn't believe I had been treated like this. They told me "if you EVER have a problem with ANY of our items let us know and we will make it right" wait- what's this, CUSTOMER SERVICE, that's the way it should be.

As for the crooks at Demoncycle that REFUSED to work with me to get them replaced ( I REALLY do not know why Midwest deals with them, this experience alone makes me want to stay away from their products because they MADE me deal with demons KNOWING demons would not help ) they are getting this defective JUNK back and they will either voluntarily refund my money, or my Visa company will take it back, I already spoke to them about it and the paperwork has been done. Depending on how they handle the return will dictate how much of a PITA I will be to them. One thing is foe SURE, I will NEVER buy from them again and I will let everyone I know how I have been treated by them.

The Owner of Demonscycles AKA Thomas Steinbacher has a lot to learn about how to treat customers.

Last edited by ezrider327; 12-07-2008 at 08:33 AM.
Old 12-10-2008, 07:48 PM
ezrider327
Intermediate

The guys at Demon's continue to play games and crack me up. I got this message today when they received the pipes:

"I will need to show these Pipes to the owner Tom as they appear to have been used and are damaged upon their return. We would also like to trade mutual positive feedback and resolve our differences. Please advise.""

Gee, I sent them pictures of the DEFECTIVE ( not damaged ) pipe they sold me, and now they are surprised there is a 5x2 area of chrome missing from the pipe???? Tom yelled at me to send them back while I was on the phone with them so I did ( at a cost of $22 for me ) and now it is a big surprise when they get the pipes back with the big piece of chrome missing from one????
I have never had to deal with such lunacy, It is like dealing with toon town.

Last edited by ezrider327; 12-11-2008 at 06:21 AM.
Old 12-13-2008, 07:30 PM
ezrider327
Intermediate

After around 20 emails I actually got my money back for these defective pipes but ONLY if I promised to leave them POSITIVE feedback for the transaction.

HMMM, now I have a dilemma, do I keep my word which is something I do take pride in and have always done OR do I do what ebay ask's and leave HONEST feedback.

Old 12-13-2008, 10:58 PM
learfxr
Tourer

Leave feedback of their shady practices. Too bad ya can't write a novel in the feedback. It seems wrong for them to buy a positive feedback by fixing the issue. It's like Ebay status crime. They will only fix it if you leave a positive feedback? That's just wrong. That just makes them look like acceptable to other buyers who will not know what they are getting into.

Give it to them with no vaseline!

Don't let it weight on your conscience that you leave a neg feedback after the agreement. They earned it

Old 01-24-2009, 06:19 PM
FCM
6th Gear
Unhappy Experience with Demons Cycle- BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do NOT buy from this company. You get what you pay for. Quality is cheap foreign parts. Customer service is great while they are trying to make a sale. After that, your met with people who do not want to hear your problems and even hung up the phone on me because I reacted to being told I was not getting a refund. They do not know how to handle complaints without puddleing up. Shipping is great. You get your crap part real fast. Refund policy - don't even try it. Even if it was their mistake, they will not refund you cost of shipping either way and will also charge you a 17% restocking fee. I bought a wheel thru ebay which was supposed to be a sealed bearing wheel. I got the wheel and it was not a sealed bearing wheel. False Advertisers!!! I called Demons. The guy wasted about 5 minutes trying to get me to keep the wheel that I did not want. Then finally agreed that they sent me the wrong wheel and to send it back. I sent it back, they've had it for 3 days now. I still have not been refunded through my paypal account. They are now sending me emails staing that they will refund me, less shipping and restocking fee only AFTER I leave them positive feedback. And then I get an email that they are claiming I never paid for the item. TOTALLY unorganized, bad records keeping. I too looked through the feedback and considered the amount of business they did so I over looked all the negative feedback. BIG mistake. I am out a total of $148.88. This has now had to escalate to a claim through paypal.

Quick Reply: anyone have any experience wity demon cycle