General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shut the Hell Up You Azzhole!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 11:14 PM
chiabate
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Shut the Hell Up You Azzhole!

This thread definitely took a turn in the wrong direction. I did see the one about "non-riders" dictating. These are people we fight constantly. But when it's the new rider who isn't in it for riding, and just because it's the latest fad or something, that endangers things for those who are in it for the long haul. I know many who have straight pipes and I can easily ride with them. The one who never rode before, just plunked down the dough for a Bourget or whatever, and is only in it cause it's trendy is who any of us posting here is where we have to draw the line before someone else does. That wannabe is the same as a non-rider.

Old 01-15-2008, 11:25 PM
freekdawg1200
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I police myself.I have no worries about any loud pipe laws.

Old 01-16-2008, 12:32 AM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

ORIGINAL: tda69

ORIGINAL: txfxstrider

I don't have time to read the entire thread when I think the whole subject is reflective of this scared society. I think along the same lines as Twiggy Az, it seems. The problem in the good ole USA today seems to be that most are so scared of the gov, the terrorists, the neighbors, the noise, you name it, that Americans are seemingly willing to surrender our rights and freedoms for a promise of security and safety. Instead of worrying about some guy blipping his throttle at a bike show and maybe causing us to lose our right to loud exhausts, maybe your time would be better spent worrying about the lost rights under the patriot Act, our lost rights to privacy, our lost rights to free movement and travel, etc., etc., etc.
Have your rights to free movement and travel thought the country been infringed on in the post 911 world we live in? Last time I checked, you don't need a passport to enter in to the state of Montana.

I have not tried it, so this is just a guess, but I do not think that I can fly a commercial flight to Montana without a search (electronic or otherwise) and having to remove my shoes. I don't think this is necessary, but then I am not one of the scared ones. As to your question tda69, yes my rights to free movement and travel throughout the country HAVE been infringed upon in the post 911 world we live in.

Old 01-16-2008, 04:03 AM
azhole
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe the zoom through the lot was dangerous, maybe not if he revved high enough to let folks know what he was going to do.
Like I tell my narc brother, I'd rather someone smoke a joint to release their tension than to go beat somebody down or go on a killing spree cause he can't just release it any other way cause others gotta jump on and create more tension.
You gotta find a happy medium and let folks do the lesser of two evils, or you may just be on the recieving end of the greater evil.
Folks ride for fun, all kinds of fun.
Now when he walks up to you for no reason and holds your head to the end of his pipe and let's er go, then you got a bitch, but you are entittled to your opinion, and so is everyone else, as long as you say so[>:] Just my not-so-humble opinion. If he'd him my nephew or niece he'd probably be having a funeral though!

Old 01-16-2008, 04:24 AM
Kolni
Banned
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I have not tried it, so this is just a guess, but I do not think that I can fly a commercial flight to Montana without a search (electronic or otherwise) and having to remove my shoes. I don't think this is necessary, but then I am not one of the scared ones. As to your question tda69, yes my rights to free movement and travel throughout the country HAVE been infringed upon in the post 911 world we live in.
Having to remove your shoes does not restrick your movement in anyway. It is just a security measure.

If your rights were restricked then you would never make it onto the plane.

Old 01-16-2008, 05:15 AM
Lumpy63
Cruiser

I have not tried it, so this is just a guess, but I do not think that I can fly a commercial flight to Montana without a search (electronic or otherwise) and having to remove my shoes. I don't think this is necessary, but then I am not one of the scared ones.
Keep in mind that every flight that was crashed on 911 was an interstate flight, and not a plane going to or coming from another country. If having to take my shoes off or walk through a metal detector deters some dirtball from taking a weapon on a plane, I'll gladly walk through the airport in my socks and skivies. I'm not "scared", rather, just hate seeing planes crash into buildings, or innocent people get hurt or killed.

Funny thread.

Fact: Loud pipes, in most if not all municipalities, are ALREADY illegal. Stop worrying about laws that are already in the books.

Azzholes that rev their engines to get attention are the ones that force LEOs to enforce the noise ordinences/laws, and make guys with loud pipes fix them or replace them, whether they were reving their engines or not.

It's not just isolated to motorcycles. You'll see it in the HotRod, Tuner, and Drag/Race car world as well. We're not that special.....

Most police (not all....) have more to do than hassle guys with loud pipes, unless you're doing something to get their attention, or if someone is pissing off the locals, and they ask police to do something about it.

I have loud pipes. I don't look for attention either........

Agreed: Police yourselves. Expect azzholes. Deal with them accordingly.

Old 01-16-2008, 08:08 AM
dynamike74
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Lumpy63

I have not tried it, so this is just a guess, but I do not think that I can fly a commercial flight to Montana without a search (electronic or otherwise) and having to remove my shoes. I don't think this is necessary, but then I am not one of the scared ones.
Keep in mind that every flight that was crashed on 911 was an interstate flight, and not a plane going to or coming from another country. If having to take my shoes off or walk through a metal detector deters some dirtball from taking a weapon on a plane, I'll gladly walk through the airport in my socks and skivies. I'm not "scared", rather, just hate seeing planes crash into buildings, or innocent people get hurt or killed.

Funny thread.

Fact: Loud pipes, in most if not all municipalities, are ALREADY illegal. Stop worrying about laws that are already in the books.

Azzholes that rev their engines to get attention are the ones that force LEOs to enforce the noise ordinences/laws, and make guys with loud pipes fix them or replace them, whether they were reving their engines or not.

It's not just isolated to motorcycles. You'll see it in the HotRod, Tuner, and Drag/Race car world as well. We're not that special.....

Most police (not all....) have more to do than hassle guys with loud pipes, unless you're doing something to get their attention, or if someone is pissing off the locals, and they ask police to do something about it.

Ding ding ding! We have another winner!

Old 01-17-2008, 06:29 PM
Welch
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Been reading all of the post on this issue, as long as we have cars trucks and bikes someone will always have pipes that might be consider too loud.this is by one choice of what he want's on his car truck or bike nothing we say or do will change this fact. The best thing we can do is accept it and not let it upset or bother you lifes to short to worry about the little things!!!! I have a bike with rinehearts which I enjoy but do respect others. Someone having loud pipes on his bike are car dosen't give someone the right to try to whip his *** let's get real if this was the case that's all some would be doing. Let's enjoy what life we have without letting small things bother us so much!!!!!

Ride Safe And Have Fun!!!!!!1

Old 01-17-2008, 08:22 PM
x2lee
Banned

Thats one reason to like Georgia, there are no noise restrictions on bikes. I think someone told them loudpipes save lifes and they believe it.
ORIGINAL: Lumpy6

Funny thread.