General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cigarette butts in my face while riding

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 11:15 PM
puckerpuss55
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cigarette butts in my face while riding

This is my first street bike.got a 08 Nightster and she runs pretty nice.I have been married for 23 years and the wife is the boss(so she thinks).My problem is that I need input on how to handle this .Seems that people like to throw cigarettes out their windows and sun roofs. I especially notice the fire at night.I commute approx 45 miles each way for work so with gas prices so high here in Knoxville Tn. I bought me my bike and every evening I have atleast 1 or 2 cars throw their butts out. I am a smoker too but I never EVER throw them out on the street.Thats what the Ashtray is for ,Right? Any how ,before I get the road rage thing grooving,I would like anyones suggestions on how i should or shouldn't respond.I would enjoy hearing others stories on this subject..I was riding home on friday night 1/11 and had the pleasure of a lit cigarette chucked on me. We were driving speed limit plus, on a windy night with some strong gusts and this jerk throws one out all over my windshield. Needless to say I got Pi$$ed off and proceeded to inform driver of such. Pulled up next to him and said "Thanks for the cigarette all over me" as loud as I could scream after he rolled the window down and gave me the finger.I waved back.And left him in the dust for a couple minutes to keep away from the car.He proceeded to catch up and was flashing his lights high and low beams and giving me the finger.I could have stopped but someone (him or me) could get killed and i didn't want to give it a go. I think I could stand on my own but was taught to try to avoid conflict if possible and if you can't HIT 'em HARD and run your a$$ off.

Old 01-12-2008, 11:19 PM
streetboob
Road Warrior
Default RE: Cigarette butts in my face while riding

Nothing you can do about it. Getting pi$$ed at one isn't going to keep all the other azzholes from chucking them at you. I keep alert of the cars around me and look for smokers. I try to stay far enough away or pass them real quick.

Old 01-12-2008, 11:21 PM
Twisted Humor
Road Master

If I can tell someone ahead of me is smoking, I give them extra distance so when the chuck that butt it has plenty of time to hit the ground.

Old 01-12-2008, 11:30 PM
Mountainkowboy
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,010 Likes on 544 Posts

Pa*****o ballsare a great alternative!

Old 01-12-2008, 11:30 PM
GADawgs
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nothing a big spit of chew won't fix

Old 01-12-2008, 11:47 PM
arnold
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Anymore I just do like most, keep my one good eye out for em, rude bastards. I used to like to run up close after, grab a handfull of RV mirriw and give it the ***** while kicking the door. Last time I did that was to a car full of Jap/oriental bussiness tourists, or so they looked, freaked them out cause I was splitting lanes to do it, they came REAL close to pinning me tween them and some god ole boys truck, (not on purpose). At that point I decided from then on that wasnt really a good option and just avoid n live with. They took me ofn that medication too, and that helped, it was making me go postal, (relativly common side effect). I'm MUCH better now!!
And no, it wasnt psycho meds, Im perfectly noramal[sm=proof.gif] an got the papers to prove it![&:]

Old 01-12-2008, 11:47 PM
heywood727
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ever see Gumball Rally. Raul Julienne in the Ferrari?? Pulling the rear view mirror off the car and throwing it out the back??Famous quote I use to ride.

" What tiss behind me.......issa no matter"

I try to be in front of the cagers. You might be a little close. Could've been a McD's pop cup. Heck, I've even rode over a folding lawn chair from being behind a car and didn't see it. Try to be infront if possible.

or

I smoke when I ride at times. Lady cut me off at a light. I flicked my cig butt through her driver side window, under her nose and watched it explode against her passenger window. All over her passenger seat. Of course I was complimenting her on her well made , non signaled sudden lane change.

Old 01-13-2008, 12:41 AM
Kolni
Banned
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Yeah..sorry about that.

But if cigs bother you then bugs are REALLY gone **** you off.

Old 01-13-2008, 01:05 AM
Bill03E
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

I had a big june bug hit me right in the adams apple once going about 65mph about took me off the bike.
Just stay back away from cars,and let them hit the ground.

ORIGINAL: Kolni

Yeah..sorry about that.

But if cigs bother you then bugs are REALLY gone **** you off.

Old 01-13-2008, 01:06 AM
biz44
Outstanding HDF Member

Quick story about cigs......tripping down the NJ turnpike one fine morning, and I feel this weird burning sensation on my right knee cap......I look down and there is, a cig but resting right against it....sort of held there by the wind......just burning away, it was like half a cig still.....**** if I was a smoker at the time I could have picked it off my knee and took a few drags!

What can you do.....???? I been riding bikes on the street for about 30 years now.....and I can only remember that one incident.

What pisses me off more is when I am rolling up on someone and they pick just then to use their windshield washers.....that burns my ***.....more so if I had just cleaned my bike.

Quick Reply: Cigarette butts in my face while riding