General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cigarette butts in my face while riding

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 12:51 PM
Booey424
Grand HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Cigarette butts in my face while riding

ORIGINAL: puckerpuss55

This is my first street bike.got a 08 Nightster and she runs pretty nice.I have been married for 23 years and the wife is the boss(so she thinks).My problem is that I need input on how to handle this .Seems that people like to throw cigarettes out their windows and sun roofs. I especially notice the fire at night.I commute approx 45 miles each way for work so with gas prices so high here in Knoxville Tn. I bought me my bike and every evening I have atleast 1 or 2 cars throw their butts out. I am a smoker too but I never EVER throw them out on the street.Thats what the Ashtray is for ,Right? Any how ,before I get the road rage thing grooving,I would like anyones suggestions on how i should or shouldn't respond.I would enjoy hearing others stories on this subject..I was riding home on friday night 1/11 and had the pleasure of a lit cigarette chucked on me. We were driving speed limit plus, on a windy night with some strong gusts and this jerk throws one out all over my windshield. Needless to say I got Pi$$ed off and proceeded to inform driver of such. Pulled up next to him and said "Thanks for the cigarette all over me" as loud as I could scream after he rolled the window down and gave me the finger.I waved back.And left him in the dust for a couple minutes to keep away from the car.He proceeded to catch up and was flashing his lights high and low beams and giving me the finger.I could have stopped but someone (him or me) could get killed and i didn't want to give it a go. I think I could stand on my own but was taught to try to avoid conflict if possible and if you can't HIT 'em HARD and run your a$$ off.

What you should've done was pull up to him.lit a smoke and flicked it in his car.Then he would know to keep them in the car.

Old 01-13-2008, 07:02 PM
csbreeze
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am not happy with cigs being thumped at me but being behind a semi full of hogs pissing now that really chaps my cheeks. I felt water on my face and noticed where and what was creating the water. Well I must admit I hated that. I will take cigs over hogs any day.

Old 01-13-2008, 09:18 PM
scoteh
Club Member
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

I've had just about everything metioned happen at one time or another, and none of them made me happy (really don't like butts bouncin' at me). Once, though, I rode right into the world's largest bird crap. It completely covered one of my glasses' lens and some of the other. Luckily I was on an Interstate and was able to get off the rode. That was some nasty stuff.

Old 01-13-2008, 09:31 PM
kjriv
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its gonna happen..cigs is prolly the least of what'll get thrown at ya...

even with the shield, keep yer mouth closed..

and carry some 3/4 nuts-n-bolts for just that type of azzhole you encountered.

Good luck with da new scoot.

Old 01-13-2008, 10:33 PM
Donnylee
Stellar HDF Member
Received 856 Likes on 297 Posts

Shiet I do not have an ash tray on Street *****..... Probably don't want to ride behind me....

Old 01-13-2008, 10:55 PM
SamStone
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 177 Likes on 89 Posts

If you're close enough behind a car that the cigarette is a problem then you are following toclose. Back off and live to ride another day.

Old 01-13-2008, 11:06 PM
Jim Dawson
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Ride only in "No Smoking" zones.

Old 01-16-2008, 03:22 PM
gatorwalt
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Getting even is a much better idea, than ratting them out to da man.

We live in the chicken capital of the country, and the roads around here have lotsa 18 wheelers full of chicken crates, with live chickens.

Following close is never a problem, but occasionally trying to pass one is...........

Kinda hard to prove you're not a chickenshit, when you come home covered in it...............

Gatorwalt
SEMPER FI
"We live in the land of the free, because of the brave."

Old 01-16-2008, 03:42 PM
ken thompson
The Schlong Man
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

First of all stop tailgaiting. Second of all you dirve a really old car if it has an ashtray. Do you activate the highbeams with the button on the floor?

Old 01-16-2008, 04:45 PM
FastHoss
Elite HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

Keep a pocket full of small rocks,can't be traced,they fly up all the time and hit windshields.

Quick Reply: Cigarette butts in my face while riding