General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cigarette butts in my face while riding

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 01:43 AM
The_Unknown
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cigarette butts in my face while riding

Try riding behind the A$$hole who forgot to their secure their waste tank cap on the RV. Not a very pleasant experience....

Old 01-13-2008, 02:51 AM
tda69
Stellar HDF Member
Received 78 Likes on 33 Posts

A real biker would have taken a drag off the cig, then swallowed it.

As far as being the type who likes to avoid conflict is concerend...well you miss that opportunity the minute you proceeded to bitch the driver out. I've been there myself, beleive me, but just remember an SUV's and motorcycle's don't mix.

Old 01-13-2008, 03:23 AM
RKKY
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Easy to avoid cigarette butts when you just assume every cager out there is looking to throw their half full cup of Starbucks out the window.

Old 01-13-2008, 05:23 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Learn to live with it,those kind of people are everywhere.A chewer spit out the window of a pickup once as I was about to pass.That sucked.

Old 01-13-2008, 06:29 AM
cHarley
Club Member
Received 302 Likes on 231 Posts

ORIGINAL: puckerpuss55

I am a smoker too but I never EVER throw them out on the street.Thats what the Ashtray is for.
So, do you never smoke while riding your bike or do you have a magic ashtray that captures and retains the butts and ashes while crusing down the highway?

Old 01-13-2008, 06:39 AM
jerryh57
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I never smoke while I ride, but not against having a nice pit stop and cig break. When drving my truck, I always use the ash tray. Here in Tex, throwing a lit cig out the window might just start a really big fire. So always try and be safe with them.

Old 01-13-2008, 07:57 AM
buckeye
Intermediate

Bottom line, your on a bike,, they are in a cage,, you can't win that battle if a fight breaks out. Keep an eye out and head up. Road rage will get you killed or seriously hurt. Motorcycle riders are not always liked! If your gonna battle, make sure you have the proper means to win and flee.

Funny how things like Semi truck lugnuts come loose all the time,, some wheel bearings explode.. And hits vehicles while going down the interstate...

Old 01-13-2008, 08:03 AM
easyglider
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Man I know what you mean.I usually will go past this a$$hat without letting them know I am pi$$ed off .Then I will get in front of them and for some reason that is the time a big goober gets stuck in my throat and I just have to spit several times.

Old 01-13-2008, 08:15 AM
62trvler
Tourer

Think that's bad then you better not follow those big motor homes that leave the sewer drain open and use it while going down the road. Let me tell ya if it's sunny out and your getting wet that's your sign.

Old 01-13-2008, 09:06 AM
sldavis
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never been hit by a lit cigarette while on the bike, but had one lodge to the front of my truck once burning a big hole in the paint. People who throw them out without looking behind them first suck. As for lugnuts, I just carry mid size nets in my pocket. can flip them into the air with my thumb pretty much unseen, but usually save such tactics for those in cars who think 5 feet behind me is the proper following distance on the insterstate. Bugs usually aren't a problem for me, though I did catch a wasp once right under the nose. Really thought it hurt when it hit me, then it stung me. Not a good day at all.

Quick Reply: Cigarette butts in my face while riding