General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Scorpion Helmets-Opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 11:05 AM
steel insane
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Scorpion Helmets-Opinions?

I need a new lid. I have an HJC full face which has worked well, but it's time to replace it.

I ran across Scorpion but I never had any dealings with them.

If you have one or had one, tell what you think of them.

Thanks

Old 01-12-2008, 12:13 PM
SouthernAlberta
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Scorpion Helmets-Opinions?

I have the 400 model and it is the perfect helmet for me. Since we all have different shape you really need to try a number of different helmets on.

Old 01-12-2008, 01:16 PM
spikehyre
Road Master

Have had the full face for over a year....very nice in the winter. Never too hot even in the summer. I like the new half they have with the built in, drop down tinted visor. Price is good.

Old 01-12-2008, 02:21 PM
cderider
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

EXO700, best fullface I have ever owned. Buy a snow sheild and use it snowmobiling.

Old 01-12-2008, 02:30 PM
airdog
Cruiser

I have one. beware that scorpions run a size small. do not buy one take it home and wear it for a while to break it in and then attempt to return it for a larger size. doesn't happen. I wear a 2x in some full face helmets, and a 3x in the scorpion. the bubba at Britt motorsports in kinston nc told me to wear it for a few weeks and bring it back if it didn't break in.did that. too bad, so sad, stuck with a helmet i can't wear longer than 30 minutes or suffer blinding headaches. every time I wore it, I wanted to throw it in the ditch before I got home. i also called the scorpion folks got the same story.

They make a nice helmet, don't get me wrong. try on a few first for longer than 30 seconds and see how it feels for you. I won't buy another one.

airdog

Old 01-12-2008, 04:16 PM
kudzu35
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I tried one one when I was geekin' for a Daytona 675 and fell in love with them (and the bike). Definitely try one on if you can so you can see your real melon size for the helmet. Get a size bigger than what you currently have. I'm a large and I had to wear an XL for a good solid fit that wouldn't give me the headaches referred to. Also, it was still snug an I knew it wasn't coming of. Wind noise varies form model to model, the 400 is louder than the 700 but the 1000 is quieter than everything out there, including many Arais.

Check out www.helmetharbor.com for some reviews

Old 01-12-2008, 04:36 PM
Rusty914
Tourer

Steel,

I agree with most of the above. I have an EXO700 that I bought locally. The sales guy offered me the next helmet up in the line - the only difference was an integrated drop-down tinted shield. I declined.

The EXOs do run small, but I'm quite comfortable in mine. The sales guy let me walk around the showroom for 15 minutes to make sure I was going to like the fit.

Comfortable helmet for me... good value. Subtle stylings as I don't like a lot of bling.

-Rusty

Old 01-12-2008, 04:45 PM
mrb302
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I pimp the EXO200 (3/4 style) all the time.
It comes with a visor and a clear face sheild that are imterchangeable... I've never tried the face shield.

Mine looks just like this:

Old 01-12-2008, 04:47 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,540 Likes on 932 Posts

I have a EXO-100 half with a flip down visor. It runs true to size for me & is very comfortable. The visor flips into the helmet which is great & the neck piece is removable. It has communication ports built in. I'd recommended it.

Old 01-12-2008, 04:56 PM
im
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 862 Likes on 652 Posts

try this link below, also consider looking at "youtube": in google search..many motorcycle shops are placing demonstrations..i have a black exo 400, ride a roadking, i consider the noise lower than my shorty helmet but NOT quiet/silent..fits very well after i removed some of the foam layered padding from inside the cheeks.(very easy to do) as it is inside a plastic clipped pocket. The shield will NOT permit you to open it just a slight bit..1 inch opening minimum...requires you to ride in either full open or full close as the edge will be in the line of sight.
i consider it a good helmet- #1 comfortable (after adjusting cheecks) #2 feels safe snell/dot #3 looks good.#4 NO fog issues
downsides= #1 full open or close only #2 wish it had less wind noise
they also sell a little chin piece that closes the bottom front for about $10, good for cold weather

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motor...rpion/exo-400/

Quick Reply: Scorpion Helmets-Opinions?