General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Scorpion Helmets-Opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 05:01 PM
tlb
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Scorpion Helmets-Opinions?

I have the EXO 700 it is snug but Istill wear a medium. I love the helmet. both dot and snell approved I like the kevlar shell. In the 400, 700, or 1000 they only make 2 shell sizes xxs-m and l-xxxl. airdog all you have to do is buy a new 3x liner and change it out. then it will fitright. I dont think you can go wrong with a scorpion helmet.
ORIGINAL: airdog

I have one. beware that scorpions run a size small. do not buy one take it home and wear it for a while to break it in and then attempt to return it for a larger size. doesn't happen. I wear a 2x in some full face helmets, and a 3x in the scorpion. the bubba at Britt motorsports in kinston nc told me to wear it for a few weeks and bring it back if it didn't break in.did that. too bad, so sad, stuck with a helmet i can't wear longer than 30 minutes or suffer blinding headaches. every time I wore it, I wanted to throw it in the ditch before I got home. i also called the scorpion folks got the same story.

They make a nice helmet, don't get me wrong. try on a few first for longer than 30 seconds and see how it feels for you. I won't buy another one.

airdog

Old 01-12-2008, 05:02 PM
jivo
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Steel,

I have an EXO 200 3/4 and I like it. As many above had said, they do run small. Wear one for a while if you can. I got a couple of different face shields, clear and tinted and they change very quickly. I am going to a full face this year for the protection and will probably go with another Scorpian.

Good luck.

Old 01-12-2008, 05:06 PM
djamann
Club Member
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've got the Exo 200 and like it. I'm glad I got the large as it fits snug. I like the face shield when it is cold and the visor when it is warm

Old 01-12-2008, 05:21 PM
MJ
Elite HDF Member
Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts

Another EXO-200 3/4 owner here. I just use the smoke shield all the time even at night it is not too dark. During the day I just wear sunglasses under it. I live in South Florida and must wear something for coverage because of a skin condition. Of the helmets I have worn the ventilation in this one is the best. It is even cooler than my Bell half helmet that I no longer can wear. I have some pics on my computer if you want to see some close up shots. Just shoot me an email and I will send you some pics.

Old 01-12-2008, 05:26 PM
Navychief
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got an EXO-200 3/4 for winter riding. Love the fit & changing from clear to smoked shield is a breeze (after a few attempts). The only drawback is the wind noise, it's worse then when I use a 1/2 lid. Maybe it's the nature of the beast, not too bad once you get used to it.

Old 01-12-2008, 07:22 PM
rockstar_josh
Cruiser

I am on my second Scorpion EX-400 helmet.... best helmet I found for the money! Whenmy other helmetneeded to be replacedI didn't think twice about buying another Scorpion. And it wasn't the helmet's fault, I was hard on it.

Old 01-13-2008, 07:45 AM
Hogwallop
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also have the EXO-700 full face helmet and the vents really keep my head cooler in the hot south florida summers. Highly recommend finding a local dealer andgetting the right fit. I too had to go to the next larger size and after wearing it in the store for 15 minutes, I bought it. Good quality and you can't beat the price either for a kevlar helmet.

Old 01-13-2008, 08:22 AM
Topspin
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: mrb302

I pimp the EXO200 (3/4 style) all the time.
It comes with a visor and a clear face sheild that are imterchangeable... I've never tried the face shield.

Mine looks just like this:

IMHO, the best $130 helmet (Snell rated too) on the planet. Bar none!

Old 01-13-2008, 04:44 PM
Neckball
Stellar HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Exo700 here, only had it since November. My first full face helmet, so far so good. The vents work outstanding and the "Never Fog" shield works as advertised.

I was stuck between the L & the XL size. I bought the large. There was a pressure point on the centerline of my jaw line. I unsnapped the lining and pulled it back. In that part of the helmet there are 3 thicknesses of foan glued together. I trimmed off one layer of foam about 2 " long with a razor blade and put the helmet back together. Still fits snug but not uncomfortable anymore.

Old 01-13-2008, 05:21 PM
richnmib
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Topspin

ORIGINAL: mrb302

I pimp the EXO200 (3/4 style) all the time.
It comes with a visor and a clear face sheild that are imterchangeable... I've never tried the face shield.

Mine looks just like this:

IMHO, the best $130 helmet (Snell rated too) on the planet. Bar none!
I have this one and agree with the others

Quick Reply: Scorpion Helmets-Opinions?