General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is this a fashion forum?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 10:29 AM
1nuckenfut
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this a fashion forum?

It's Saturday morning. I roll out of bed about eight o'clock. No work today. Gonna pour me a cup of coffee, sit at the computer, and go through the newest posts on my favorite forum. I hadn't gotten half down the first page and read 3 posts from guys bitchen about what some guy they saw was wearing. The last was about an Armani jacket with 81 on it the back. This topic just seems to keep poppin up and all I can say is it's gettin real old. It sounds like I'm reading a woman's fashion magazine. I don't get why so many of you care what somebody else is wearing. How insecure can you be? So what if some guy is covered from head to toe in Harley gear. Does it not make him tough enough looking? All this talk about how many t shirts you have, or gloves, or chaps. And the ultimate slap in the face-HE IS A POSER. WTF!! I didn't know there was so much toknow about what to wear and not to wear if you buy a Harley. Why do you guys care so much. When I see a guy or girl decked in Harley gear it makes me smile because I know it's keeping the MoCo alive and well. That is important to me and it should be important to anyone of you that ride a Harley. It really doesn't matter if you are buying chrome or t shirts as long as you are buying to keep this great company alive. And you guys that talk about ridin for 26 years with the 1% ers and how you are tough and guys with chaps aren't or whatever effen BS you come with---get a new attitude or go buy a metric. Owning a Harley means alot of different things to alot of people so to each his own. So get off the fashion talk and get to writing posts that are worth reading cause you are really taking the fun out of the forum. This post is only meant to offend the offenders so if you never commented on someones fashion then I ain't talkin to you. I'm going for a ride now. Sunny and 67 degrees. I hope to see a bunch of doo rags, fingerless gloves, chaps, leather jackets, belts and belt buckles, engineer boots, sun glasses, patches, stickers, jewelry and watches, and t shirts---all spelling out Harley Davidson and riding chromed out or blacked out, whatever your preference, HARLEYS! Ride what you got wearin what you got.

Old 01-12-2008, 10:50 AM
GGC
Road Warrior
Default RE: Is this a fashion forum?

I guess i've finally achieved POSER status! I have Harley boxer shorts, And a Harley T shirt, Wrangler jeans, and Snap-on sox, And a kick *** 07 Ultra decked out with just about every Light Harley offers!! I love all My Harley stuff and don't care what anyone thinks about it,,, O Yea I'm in the Patriot Guard and advertise for them also!!!!
Lets just go for a ride!!

Old 01-12-2008, 10:56 AM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Old 01-12-2008, 10:57 AM
GGC
Road Warrior

OUCH!!!!!

Old 01-12-2008, 11:07 AM
GGC
Road Warrior

[sm=TY.gif][sm=youreright.gif][sm=usa.gif][sm=nothatway.gif][sm=bustedsign.gif][sm=boohoo.gif]

Old 01-12-2008, 11:08 AM
Bear64
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You hit on the real problem, a lot of insecure guys that just happen to own Harley's and think that their way is the right way. All the crap about what to wear, and not to wear is just grade school mentality coming out. and that is about what this forum is all about, oh sure once in awhile something comes out about bikes, and the guys that ride that is fun and good to read, but mostly it is some ding-bat just running off his mouth to be heard. In all my years of riding I have never had a person walk up to me and comment on my fingerless gloves, chaps, t-shirt or the color or size of my bike..let alone step into a bucket of **** saying something about a patch or pin on my jacket or hat..so do what I do, read it and laff and feel sorry for the poor guy that asked, or said the stupid thing..by the way did you know that Black is the fastest color bike??[sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Old 01-12-2008, 11:09 AM
GGC
Road Warrior

Ride -em If Ya Got-em!!

Old 01-12-2008, 11:25 AM
bikerbob72
Intermediate

Hello I just want to say I wear what I want to. If it means that day skull and cross bones, 81, red and white, ect, ect clothing thats me. I don't go riding to impress someone. I'm old school and been around the block a few times. I don't go out for a fashion model get together for the wanna be bikers. I'm a biker from the heart, a knight on a hog grew up that way and will always be no matter what I wear or look like or how much money I have.

Old 01-12-2008, 11:29 AM
99_percenter
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: 1nuckenfut

Is this a fashion forum?
Why YES, I do believe it is. (c;

99%r

Old 01-12-2008, 11:34 AM
Yellotang
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree this board is filled iwht people that bitch about what you wear, bitch that you don't ride a metric bike, bitch about someone not waving to every person on two wheels. Bitch about fingerless gloves, bitch about chaps.

I am starting to think this forum is filled with bitches!
[align=left] [/align]

Quick Reply: Is this a fashion forum?