General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is this a fashion forum?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 07:32 AM
1of2
"Moderator"
Received 951 Likes on 341 Posts
Default RE: Is this a fashion forum?

ORIGINAL: kingk9

I usually don't post in the clothes threads, but there has been so many clothes and poser threads lately, I just felt like it today. I actually don't think most here really give a **** what anybody wears. I think the comments about chaps and fingerless gloves and girls bikes are just some harmless goofin on people. I don't understand how so many take it seriously enough to post outraged rants about how they're being judged unfairly and they are really live and let live kinda guys, and by God they are gonna wear and ride what they want. Well no ****.

I agree with this. I thik most people are joking but it is getting annoying beyond belief seeing the jokes in every thread, even ones that have nothing to do with it. the stupid jokes are by far , for me, the worst part of this board.

Old 01-13-2008, 08:44 AM
bagga
Elite HDF Member
Received 603 Likes on 352 Posts

ORIGINAL: 1nuckenfut

It's Saturday morning. I roll out of bed about eight o'clock. No work today. Gonna pour me a cup of coffee, sit at the computer, and go through the newest posts on my favorite forum. I hadn't gotten half down the first page and read 3 posts from guys bitchen about what some guy they saw was wearing. The last was about an Armani jacket with 81 on it the back. This topic just seems to keep poppin up and all I can say is it's gettin real old. It sounds like I'm reading a woman's fashion magazine. I don't get why so many of you care what somebody else is wearing. How insecure can you be? So what if some guy is covered from head to toe in Harley gear. Does it not make him tough enough looking? All this talk about how many t shirts you have, or gloves, or chaps. And the ultimate slap in the face-HE IS A POSER. WTF!! I didn't know there was so much toknow about what to wear and not to wear if you buy a Harley. Why do you guys care so much. When I see a guy or girl decked in Harley gear it makes me smile because I know it's keeping the MoCo alive and well. That is important to me and it should be important to anyone of you that ride a Harley. It really doesn't matter if you are buying chrome or t shirts as long as you are buying to keep this great company alive. And you guys that talk about ridin for 26 years with the 1% ers and how you are tough and guys with chaps aren't or whatever effen BS you come with---get a new attitude or go buy a metric. Owning a Harley means alot of different things to alot of people so to each his own. So get off the fashion talk and get to writing posts that are worth reading cause you are really taking the fun out of the forum. This post is only meant to offend the offenders so if you never commented on someones fashion then I ain't talkin to you. I'm going for a ride now. Sunny and 67 degrees. I hope to see a bunch of doo rags, fingerless gloves, chaps, leather jackets, belts and belt buckles, engineer boots, sun glasses, patches, stickers, jewelry and watches, and t shirts---all spelling out Harley Davidson and riding chromed out or blacked out, whatever your preference, HARLEYS! Ride what you got wearin what you got.
1 nuckenfut, do you know what 81 means in the world of motorcycles?

Old 01-13-2008, 08:55 AM
Bubba_H
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have just joined the Forum... Guess I should start posting on everything I read... I don't want to insult anybody for only having seventeen posts. I'm heading over to the New Member Area to say Hi to every new commer. I should be up to 100 posts by next weekend. Then I'll comeback and comment on this thread.

Old 01-13-2008, 09:32 AM
GGC
Road Warrior

Let's see ,,,I got My Snap-on sox from the local Snap-on Dist. They really are quality just like all Snap-on products!
Signed;The Poser!! [sm=wootwoot.gif]

Old 01-13-2008, 10:42 AM
Ronbaci
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: 1of2

I agree with this. I thik most people are joking but it is getting annoying beyond belief seeing the jokes in every thread, even ones that have nothing to do with it. the stupid jokes are by far , for me, the worst part of this board.
Wow! To me, this is the BEST part of these threads! Better shut up now cause I don't have thousands of posts on here yet and I don't want the "Posting Gods", no matter how asinine their posts may be, to think Imight be able to contribute to this forum. Besides, I gotta go get my chaps ready for a ride this morning up to Folsom.

Old 01-16-2008, 05:20 PM
TXSwede
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Until I hit 1000 posts, everything I posted prior to that was about oil, fingerless gloves, chaps, waving, gay stuff and what defined a girls bike. Ever since that magic number all my posts have been insightful, thought provoking and literally life changing.

Old 01-16-2008, 05:27 PM
akenaten
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So all of you whining about numbers of posts seem tio have size issues....Ya know what? They make these pills that.....never mind..

Old 01-16-2008, 05:41 PM
Draggin S
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well,

How about a Bayer aspirin?

Whoops the picture didn't print.....they have an 81 on them, are they the official aspirin of....nah....never mind.........

Old 01-16-2008, 05:41 PM
carpetride
Elite HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

how many posts do you have to have to be a real biker..am I there yet?[]

Old 01-16-2008, 06:15 PM
akenaten
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: carpetride

how many posts do you have to have to be a real biker..am I there yet?[]

You will never be a REAL biker in todays world until you dress like a gay pirate.

Quick Reply: Is this a fashion forum?